• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks offensive line looking to be one of the worst in the NFL

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be skeptical if Okung stays healthy/plays through minor injuries all year. It is always a red flag when oft-injured and/or failure to meet expectations type players suddenly have big years when a new contract is due. More often then not they return to form after cashing in on a big signing bonus.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to show what Cable thinks of the line, come on really?

only time will tell but right now, yeah i'm not buying it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to show what Cable thinks of the line, come on really?

only time will tell but right now, yeah i'm not buying it.

First off, that is more damning with faint praise than saying something positive. Secondly, it really boils down to whether Justin Britt will be better than James Carpenter, Drew Nowak will be better than 40% of Unger/60% Jeanpierre, and Gerry Gilliam will be better at RT than Justin Britt.

I really don't think that is a particularly high bar.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, that is more damning with faint praise than saying something positive. Secondly, it really boils down to whether Justin Britt will be better than James Carpenter, Drew Nowak will be better than 40% of Unger/60% Jeanpierre, and Gerry Gilliam will be better at RT than Justin Britt.

I really don't think that is a particularly high bar.
Yeah, that and the true quote was more along the lines of "when it's all said and done, this may be the best group..." Not like he thinks it's going to be a finished product right at week 1. I heard the quote played on the radio, and that's the way it came across to me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never pay any mind to what Cable says about the OL. Listened to him puff up to many busts to take his opinion as having any value or insight.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never pay any mind to what Cable says about the OL. Listened to him puff up to many busts to take his opinion as having any value or insight.
Coaches are also going to be more positive than critical in public. It does no good at all to come out and voice uncertainty for how good the line will be. Of course he's going to support his guys in an interview.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches are also going to be more positive than critical in public. It does no good at all to come out and voice uncertainty for how good the line will be. Of course he's going to support his guys in an interview.
Yes support your guys, I'm all for that. What I'm talking about is listening to talk about the latest OL drafted high. Listened t o him talk about Carp and Moffitt, listened to him talk about Britt. Come to the conclusion that he has no ability to judge elite OL or even above average OL. He needs to be taken out of the loop when drafting the first 5 rounds. Let the Seahawks find someone who has a clue to who can be a elite or above average OL. Let Cable just coach the players.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I missed the game being down south, but how did the OL look in run blocking, pass pro, sacks, and penalties?
Thanks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I missed the game being down south, but how did the OL look in run blocking, pass pro, sacks, and penalties?
Thanks
No news is good news. The running game was solid pretty much all night. Russell had a clean pocket on the 1 pass he threw. Hard to say what kind of competition they faced because I don't know Oakland's roster well enough to note how many first teamers they had out there on D, but the line wasn't a weakness. And that's an improvement.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes support your guys, I'm all for that. What I'm talking about is listening to talk about the latest OL drafted high. Listened t o him talk about Carp and Moffitt, listened to him talk about Britt. Come to the conclusion that he has no ability to judge elite OL or even above average OL. He needs to be taken out of the loop when drafting the first 5 rounds. Let the Seahawks find someone who has a clue to who can be a elite or above average OL. Let Cable just coach the players.

In fairness, we haven't spent a lot of high picks on OL. Cable can't predict injuries and Carpenter's career with us may have been quite different if he could have stayed healthy. Not sure how he could predict that Moffitt would give up on football.

Britt you can criticize although let's give him a bit more time. We have two guys who are converted DL players on our line.