• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks, Lynch agree to new deal

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually believe the stuff you write? Difficult to tell with your sentence structure. Are you trying to say Wilson "out-gained" Tom Brady? In what category may I ask?
Uh... yards from scrimmage? They all count, right?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle signed Lynch to not have to deal with his loss this year.
Maybe they should have negotiated harder but he likely would have retired for smaller offer. Seattle has clear holes to fill and the draft could be the ticket.
Signing Lynch likely means they will be in the running for a good season.
I doubt he returns for 2016.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... yards from scrimmage? They all count, right?
Congrats. I guess you're correct they all count. I believe RW leads in 1 yard interceptions as well:doh:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing some media buzz that many are thinking this shows how much the team thinks Lynch means to winning and that they wonder how effective Wilson actually could be without him in the lineup. Definitely interested to see what they actually offer Wilson for a contract as that should say a lot of what they think he brings to the team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing some media buzz that many are thinking this shows how much the team thinks Lynch means to winning and that they wonder how effective Wilson actually could be without him in the lineup. Definitely interested to see what they actually offer Wilson for a contract as that should say a lot of what they think he brings to the team.
Maybe they "low ball" him and end up with Sanchez.....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds more like "troll buzz".

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.
Good one.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be I guess.

Not "could be".

Is.

The Seahawks aren't going to low ball the most popular sports figure in Seattle in two decades.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing some media buzz[/B] that many are thinking this shows how much the team thinks Lynch means to winning and that they wonder how effective Wilson actually could be without him in the lineup. Definitely interested to see what they actually offer Wilson for a contract as that should say a lot of what they think he brings to the team.

I love how this fan of a team of "huge potential decline" seems to understand the Seahawk Cap, Management and Roster. I assure you all Seahawk faithful, that JS has done his HW and will treat RW fairly, rather than "offer what they think he means/brings/or thinks of what he actually means to the team" BW will be taken care of too. Assured.

I think "It is ridiculous that you even think to understand what happens in the Seahawk WAR room" I have very little idea, and YOU have zero Idea. ****Disclaimer...I actually have ZERO idea too, but for cdumler7 to claim he has SOME idea is, well, Ted Cruz like" Both(TC & C7) are clueless, unless you totally disagree with this so called 'media buzz'. Thoughts?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle signed Lynch to not have to deal with his loss this year.
Maybe they should have negotiated harder but he likely would have retired for smaller offer. Seattle has clear holes to fill and the draft could be the ticket.
Signing Lynch likely means they will be in the running for a good season.
I doubt he returns for 2016.....

If he remains healthy, he's going to leave what would end up 20+ million on the table and also all those profits from his own clothing line him being in the game assists with. Puhleaze. The contract is designed with his retirement in mind. He's still playing like he's in his prime right now. This contract takes him to 31 in age.

If anything, this extension kills over 90% of all the media created B.S. about the guy. They'll have to find some other negative thing to become fixated on with this franchise to take to hysteria levels. Lynch will now just go to work as he always does, and the drive-by sports media will move on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how this fan of a team of "huge potential decline" seems to understand the Seahawk Cap, Management and Roster. I assure you all Seahawk faithful, that JS has done his HW and will treat RW fairly, rather than "offer what they think he means/brings/or thinks of what he actually means to the team" BW will be taken care of too. Assured.

I think "It is ridiculous that you even think to understand what happens in the Seahawk WAR room" I have very little idea, and YOU have zero Idea. ****Disclaimer...I actually have ZERO idea too, but for cdumler7 to claim he has SOME idea is, well, Ted Cruz like" Both(TC & C7) are clueless, unless you totally disagree with this so called 'media buzz'. Thoughts?

I just say what a couple of media guys that I was listening to say and Seahawks fans just go nuts! I never claimed that this is my thoughts as I have said repeatedly on this board that I think Wilson is a great quarterback in this league and one that I think will be a very good one for years to come. I do think he will be paid handsomely for his services as pretty much most Super Bowl winning quarterbacks start around $20 million as the baseline for what they should be making in this league. I think Wilson would be worth every penny of that if that is what he gets. Sheesh again this is some media guys speaking about Lynch's contract and what it means for the team. My guess is this is just off season talk where guys are looking for clicks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just say what a couple of media guys that I was listening to say and Seahawks fans just go nuts! I never claimed that this is my thoughts as I have said repeatedly on this board that I think Wilson is a great quarterback in this league and one that I think will be a very good one for years to come. I do think he will be paid handsomely for his services as pretty much most Super Bowl winning quarterbacks start around $20 million as the baseline for what they should be making in this league. I think Wilson would be worth every penny of that if that is what he gets. Sheesh again this is some media guys speaking about Lynch's contract and what it means for the team. My guess is this is just off season talk where guys are looking for clicks.
Nobody went nuts dude.

Who are the media guys saying this? What network? I watch a ton of ESPN & NFLN and not a whisper of what you're talking about.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="cdumler7, post: 6318551, member: 5773"]I just say what a couple of media guys that I was listening to say and Seahawks fans just go nuts! I never claimed that this is my thoughts as I have said repeatedly on this board that I think Wilson is a great quarterback in this league and one that I think will be a very good one for years to come. I do think he will be paid handsomely for his services as pretty much most Super Bowl winning quarterbacks start around $20 million as the baseline for what they should be making in this league. I think Wilson would be worth every penny of that if that is what he gets. Sheesh again this is some media guys speaking about Lynch's contract and what it means for the team. My guess is this is just off season talk where guys are looking for clicks.[/QUOTE]

Was it Dunce, BHF, Sonny, or I that went nutz?
You often provide a little "jab" at the Hawks then try to white wash that jab with compliments exactly as you have just done. You do it a lot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio kind of stuff? Lots of that going on these days.

All this shows is what Lynch means to this organization. It isn't in any response to Wilson or that phase of the game. Lynch is one of the top 3 backs in the league and does things few of this generation can do on the ground. He had one of his best seasons last year despite his back problems. He showed no signs of slowing down. His yards after contact are still at league highs.

To suggest you ONLY pay, OR pay more for that because of concerns over the passing game is ludicrous. It's talking heads kind of off season banter. You pay Lynch that much because he is still one of the top running threats in the game today and you ride that until that isn't true anymore. And for no other reason.

This is the modern NFL and no team can be successful just running the ball anymore. You need both. Wilson is as important as Lynch is to the overall offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="cdumler7, post: 6318551, member: 5773"]I just say what a couple of media guys that I was listening to say and Seahawks fans just go nuts! I never claimed that this is my thoughts as I have said repeatedly on this board that I think Wilson is a great quarterback in this league and one that I think will be a very good one for years to come. I do think he will be paid handsomely for his services as pretty much most Super Bowl winning quarterbacks start around $20 million as the baseline for what they should be making in this league. I think Wilson would be worth every penny of that if that is what he gets. Sheesh again this is some media guys speaking about Lynch's contract and what it means for the team. My guess is this is just off season talk where guys are looking for clicks.

Was it Dunce, BHF, Sonny, or I that went nutz?
You often provide a little "jab" at the Hawks then try to white wash that jab with compliments exactly as you have just done. You do it a lot.[/QUOTE]

Well Dunce decided to do a bit of a personal attack so I would say when a person decides to do that whatever I have said has upset them. As for my writing style it is more geared towards I write something on here that some of you Seahawks fans take as a slight towards your team every once in a while so I follow that up with a post showing that was not my intention. I think the Seahawks are a greatly ran organization and have been impressed since Carroll took over with what they have done. I'm sorry though if I don't think every move they make is perfect. Heck I don't think that of my own team. Right now honestly I'm not a fan of the Broncos Franchise Tagging D. Thomas as I am one that would not pay a WR over $10 million a year even Calvin Johnson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio kind of stuff? Lots of that going on these days.

All this shows is what Lynch means to this organization. It isn't in any response to Wilson or that phase of the game. Lynch is one of the top 3 backs in the league and does things few of this generation can do on the ground. He had one of his best seasons last year despite his back problems. He showed no signs of slowing down. His yards after contact are still at league highs.

To suggest you ONLY pay, OR pay more for that because of concerns over the passing game is ludicrous. It's talking heads kind of off season banter. You pay Lynch that much because he is still one of the top running threats in the game today and you ride that until that isn't true anymore. And for no other reason.

This is the modern NFL and no team can be successful just running the ball anymore. You need both. Wilson is as important as Lynch is to the overall offense.

It was more of the local radio stuff. I don't listen to ESPN or NFL Network types. They just spew the same garbage over and over again. You could listen to them for 3 hours and only get about 5 minutes of actual worth out of the whole conversation. You are right this time of year things go crazy on that kind of stuff. Had a friend down in Houston saying their local radio guys were saying Manning to the Texans was pretty much a done deal a week ago. Another person up in Boston was telling me they were pretty guaranteeing that Manning was planning on retiring before he took his pay cut to play another year with the Broncos. So I understand to take everything with a grain of salt that is put out at this time of year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch may well end up being the top paid back in the league this year. Will he be worth it in terms of yards/paycheck? At least a very decent chance that answer is no. They limited his yards last year and aren't likely to change that this year. He may not see more than 250 touches. It's quality over quantity the team is after. But there is always the risk this is the year the injuries catch up to him and he falls off.

It's still the right decision to make now even if that happens. There is a sort of payback for him being patient and working through his last contract despite his hold out and desire to be paid more in line with other top backs. And you have to take chances, even on a 29y/o high contact back, when he's of this caliber.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more of the local radio stuff. I don't listen to ESPN or NFL Network types. They just spew the same garbage over and over again. You could listen to them for 3 hours and only get about 5 minutes of actual worth out of the whole conversation. You are right this time of year things go crazy on that kind of stuff. Had a friend down in Houston saying their local radio guys were saying Manning to the Texans was pretty much a done deal a week ago. Another person up in Boston was telling me they were pretty guaranteeing that Manning was planning on retiring before he took his pay cut to play another year with the Broncos. So I understand to take everything with a grain of salt that is put out at this time of year.

You have to admit that logic is stupid, right? Every QB needs weapons. So the idea that extending your best (by far) skill position player is somehow indicating that you don't believe in your QB, is just stupid troll shit.