• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New faces in the playoffs

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still kinda struggle to realize the Chiefs are considered a playoff stalwart now. Kinda wondering if we'll be talking a lot about the Jags in the coming years.
It's pretty crazy to think that the eldest QB in the AFC race is Mahomes.

Going to be seeing a lot of these QBs for a long time I suspect

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahomes. Allen, Burrow, Herbert should all be a lot of fun to watch this decade for sure. Not too sure on Lamar or Tua staying healthy enough. I actually worry a little bit about Josh Allen at times too, even though he's built like a tank.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes. Allen, Burrow, Herbert should all be a lot of fun to watch this decade for sure. Not too sure on Lamar or Tua staying healthy enough. I actually worry a little bit about Josh Allen at times too, even though he's built like a tank.
Is anybody else picking up Philip Rivers vibes with Herbert? A great regular season QB who just never does anything big in the playoffs and beyond. Herbert is 1-5 vs playoff teams this year. I think he will eventually get slotted in a second tier to guys like Mahomes Allen and Burrow (maybe some other young QBs earn their way into this tier) just like Philip Rivers throughout most of his career.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no trevor?:suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else picking up Philip Rivers vibes with Herbert? A great regular season QB who just never does anything big in the playoffs and beyond. Herbert is 1-5 vs playoff teams this year. I think he will eventually get slotted in a second tier to guys like Mahomes Allen and Burrow (maybe some other young QBs earn their way into this tier) just like Philip Rivers throughout most of his career.
Rivers would play like the 5th best QB one year but then the 20th best the next. Not sure I'd expect that big of a drop in Herbert's game but I could see him in the second tier if Trevor Lawrence passes him up.

The Chargers have a long history of good QB play without great success. If they don't win playoff games this year then when?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as team success maybe but Rivers didn't have anywhere near the athletic ability or cannon that Herbert has. I think if the Chargers can get the right coach and stay healthy for a change, Herbert could be great.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about Allen as well. Big Ben and Cam Newton were also built like tanks, and while neither of them suffered big injuries, both had to deal with nagging stuff as they got older. The thing about Allen is that I feel like he has already demonstrated an ability to get better as a passer. It's entirely possible that he learns to ramp down some of the running and hits in the offseason and instead rely on his arm in the passing game. He can always dial it back up in the postseason.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is amazing stat. Goes to show how much talent exists today at the QB position.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda fun to see some new teams, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chargers, Giants, Seahawks

Special shout out to the just fell short Lions and the Seahawks who were supposed to be terrible.

Enjoy the fresh faces while you can because it's a one week only event for these teams.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the fresh faces while you can because it's a one week only event for these teams.
Yeah unlike some years most of the new ones are big underdogs. Not the Chargers though.