• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New faces in the playoffs

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited to see Seattle make the playoffs. It's amazing how many rookies they played this year. Both OTs, Walker with 1,000 yards, Woolen, Bryant, even Mafe got quite a bit of action and he was a very raw player expected to not see much of the field.

That said, San Fran is probably gonna annihilate us next weekend lol. Most of Seattle's wins came against teams fairly beat up with injuries or just crappy ones lol.

Regardless, it'll be nice to get all the rookies some playoff experience and attract free agents without overpaying dearly for them.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Excited to see Seattle make the playoffs. It's amazing how many rookies they played this year. Both OTs, Walker with 1,000 yards, Woolen, Bryant, even Mafe got quite a bit of action and he was a very raw player expected to not see much of the field.

That said, San Fran is probably gonna annihilate us next weekend lol. Most of Seattle's wins came against teams fairly beat up with injuries or just crappy ones lol.

Regardless, it'll be nice to get all the rookies some playoff experience and attract free agents without overpaying dearly for them.

Given that Seattle was expected to be one of the worst teams in the league it's a win for the Seahawks just to make it.

It's the playoffs and it's against a divisional opponent so I wouldn't rule out a Seahawks win but hard for me to make a case for it other than the 9ers just play badly and the Seahawks capitalize on it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that Seattle was expected to be one of the worst teams in the league it's a win for the Seahawks just to make it.

It's the playoffs and it's against a divisional opponent so I wouldn't rule out a Seahawks win but hard for me to make a case for it other than the 9ers just play badly and the Seahawks capitalize on it.

For sure. Nobody expected Seattle to post a winning record this year let alone lead the division for about half the season.

As for the San Fran/Seattle game, any given Sunday but I think everyone expects the 49ers to win. Seattle can't cover tight ends at all or consistently stop the run (which is strange because they stopped the run so great in years prior - I think losing Wagner really hurt em'... Brooks and Barton have zero football IQ in terms of gap assignment - maybe Brooks being out will help LOL).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Lions.
They already knew beforehand they weren't gonna reach the postseason...and when Seattle beat the Rams on an OT FG, it officially sealed Detroit's fate.
But they never let up at Lambeau, and made damn sure the Packers weren't gonna get into the playoffs either.

Brand New Lions

Big Ups, Motown.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Lions.
They already knew beforehand they weren't gonna reach the postseason...and when Seattle beat the Rams on an OT FG, it officially sealed Detroit's fate.
But they never let up at Lambeau, and made damn sure the Packers weren't gonna get into the playoffs either.

Brand New Lions

Big Ups, Motown.

They would never give up against the Packers and I am sure once they knew they were out they wanted nothing more than to play spoilers

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda fun to see some new teams, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chargers, Giants, Seahawks

Special shout out to the just fell short Lions and the Seahawks who were supposed to be terrible.
Interesting fact about Pete Carroll. He has never missed the playoffs in consecutive years as the coach of the Seahawks.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would never give up against the Packers and I am sure once they knew they were out they wanted nothing more than to play spoilers
That really speaks to the mentality of their HC and the change of culture in that building. They have a really good, young core there and were fun to watch this year. They had such a bad first half of the season too which makes what they did in the second half and getting a winning record very impressive. Improve that defense a bit and the youngsters now out of growing pains and they can be a contender in the division for the foreseeable future, imo.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda fun to see some new teams, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chargers, Giants, Seahawks

Special shout out to the just fell short Lions and the Seahawks who were supposed to be terrible.

Lions were impressive, they started 1-6 and rolled off an 8-2 record after that… Detroit is building something, they have a great draft position as well …

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions were impressive, they started 1-6 and rolled off an 8-2 record after that… Detroit is building something, they have a great draft position as well …
The Lions offense is good. Surprisingly good. It's their defense that has to improve, I think. That 1-6 start included 4 losses by 3, 4, 3, and 4. They were very close--they went 5-1 in the division.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Nobody expected Seattle to post a winning record this year let alone lead the division for about half the season.

As for the San Fran/Seattle game, any given Sunday but I think everyone expects the 49ers to win. Seattle can't cover tight ends at all or consistently stop the run (which is strange because they stopped the run so great in years prior - I think losing Wagner really hurt em'... Brooks and Barton have zero football IQ in terms of gap assignment - maybe Brooks being out will help LOL).
Walker's year is extra impressive when you consider he didn't become the starter until week 5 and he had another 4 weeks with limited touches due to his ankle injury. He'll hopefully put up some big numbers next year as the full time starter from week one, and hopefully he stays healthy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker's year is extra impressive when you consider he didn't become the starter until week 5 and he had another 4 weeks with limited touches due to his ankle injury. He'll hopefully put up some big numbers next year as the full time starter from week one, and hopefully he stays healthy.

Yes but I'd like to find a serviceable 2nd option for him.... Homer can't stay healthy and Dallas struggles with blocking and is inconsistent. I find his ESPN profile pick highly amusing though:

Dude looks like he just witnessed a murder. In any event, with Penny basically done, Homer always on IR, it'd be nice to see us grab another back in free agency (I wouldn't be opposed to spending a 3rd or 4th on another as well).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but I'd like to find a serviceable 2nd option for him.... Homer can't stay healthy and Dallas struggles with blocking and is inconsistent. I find his ESPN profile pick highly amusing though:

Dude looks like he just witnessed a murder. In any event, with Penny basically done, Homer always on IR, it'd be nice to see us grab another back in free agency (I wouldn't be opposed to spending a 3rd or 4th on another as well).
good news is it isnt as hard to find serviceable back ups. You guys figured out the hard part already with Walker.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news is it isnt as hard to find serviceable back ups. You guys figured out the hard part already with Walker.

Well not sure I agree with that. Penny was of course a known issue going into the season... but Walker was the second RB in the draft and nearly a first round pick. The other RB that went ahead of him was carrying the Jets to a playoff spot prior to his injury...

I think it's quite hard to find serviceable backups and it requires draft capital to get em'... fortunately thanks to busted Wilson trade Seattle had some extra room to snag one. I'm actually all for Seattle spending their 3rd on another...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not sure I agree with that. Penny was of course a known issue going into the season... but Walker was the second RB in the draft and nearly a first round pick. The other RB that went ahead of him was carrying the Jets to a playoff spot prior to his injury...

I think it's quite hard to find serviceable backups and it requires draft capital to get em'... fortunately thanks to busted Wilson trade Seattle had some extra room to snag one. I'm actually all for Seattle spending their 3rd on another...
I guess we do disagree. Tons of teams have their serviceable back up, but struggle to find "that" #1.
Yes a later round draft choice is the way to go, but if you miss you can always pay for one, since some teams have multiple back ups & no #1. They are out there in FA as well.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still kinda struggle to realize the Chiefs are considered a playoff stalwart now. Kinda wondering if we'll be talking a lot about the Jags in the coming years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still kinda struggle to realize the Chiefs are considered a playoff stalwart now. Kinda wondering if we'll be talking a lot about the Jags in the coming years.

Mahomes could have had the same answer that Burrow gave yesterday about his playoff window (which was f'ing great) :

My window's is my entire career.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers are heavy favorites and for good reason, but the pressure is all on the 49ers because the Seahawks are playing with house money. That and playing a division opponent often turns out to be a slug fest and a upset. That's all I got. A win here for the Seahawks would be the frosting on the cake, heck win this and who knows how far the Seahawks could go. Likely the 49ers stomp the shit out of the Seahawks but until the game is played I can dream.:rolleyes:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers are heavy favorites and for good reason, but the pressure is all on the 49ers because the Seahawks are playing with house money. That and playing a division opponent often turns out to be a slug fest and a upset. That's all I got. A win here for the Seahawks would be the frosting on the cake, heck win this and who knows how far the Seahawks could go. Likely the 49ers stomp the shit out of the Seahawks but until the game is played I can dream.:rolleyes:
Yeah, the boys aren't being given much of a chance. I think the latest line is +9.5 but I can see that going under 8 by game time because smart money will be betting on the Hawks to cover. It could end up being fairly close just due to the nature of how these teams play each other. Having said that and speaking of dreams, I had a real nice one last night of the Hawks pulling off the upset and going into Philly and knocking them off too, lol.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the boys aren't being given much of a chance. I think the latest line is +9.5 but I can see that going under 8 by game time because smart money will be betting on the Hawks to cover. It could end up being fairly close just due to the nature of how these teams play each other. Having said that and speaking of dreams, I had a real nice one last night of the Hawks pulling off the upset and going into Philly and knocking them off too, lol.
Beating Philly was just your memory, not a dream.