• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deal or No Deal

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article about the Raiders wanting the #1 pick, so might as well do a Deal or No Deal here.

Las Vegas get - #1 & #145 (from Ravens, not sure if that's the exact pick#, but should be around that)
Bears get - #7, #38, #70, #138, 2024 1st & 4th rounds, 2025 3rd round

Steep price but that's a big drop from 1st to 7th, so the Raiders will have to pay to play. I know a lot of Bears fans would shit over this trade, being it knocks our team out of any chances for either Will Anderson or Jalen Carter. But you know what, I'm fine with that. There will still be starter-quality players on the board, be it DT, DE, even OT. And look at the bevy of picks we get for this year and next - even a decent slot in '25. This leaves the Bears with the following pick #s for the April draft:

7, 38, 53, 65, 70, 103, 134, 136, 138, 220, plus we'll also have two 1sts & two 4ths in 2024, two 3rds in 2025.

So, the big question is..............

Deal or no deal?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably my final trade back scenario. I feel the Panthers, more so than the Raiders, will be seeking an opportunity to trade up. Here would be the cost of doing so with the Bears:

Carolina gets - #1 & #145 (from Ravens, not sure if that's the exact pick#, but should be around that)
Bears get - #9, #39, #60 (from SF), #128 (from SF), 2024 1st & 2nd rounds, 2025 2nd & 4th rounds.

This gives the Bears five picks in the top 65, not to mention a 1st & 2nd in '24, along with a 2nd & 4th in '25 - I think the exact pick numbers from the Niners might still be in a TBD stage, but it's close enough.

Deal or no deal?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One final take on this Deal or No Deal thread. I've caught virtually no articles or videos on one team who could possibly be trading back and who could put a damper on opportunities for the Bears. And that's the AZ Cardinals, sitting at #3. If it's agreed that the best, Rd 1-worthy QBs in the draft are Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and Will Levis, then one of them is guaranteed to be there at #3. And for teams farther back in the top 10 who'd like to snag one of these guys, they won't have to surrender as much draft capital as they would in a trade with the Bears. I only bring this up because it might limit how Poles, assuming he's set to trade back, proceeds with shopping the pick.

I'll say it again. For those who ideally would like to see the Bears trade back twice in the 1st round, our best shot at maxing this is starting with the Texans. This still puts us in the driver's seat at #2. But I've also stated repeatedly that I don't really believe the Texans will bother, that they'll be more than happy to stand pat at #2. A slighter chance the Bears could trade back again even after a swap with Indy for the #4 pick, has some legs. But that's about it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im deal for either of those scenarios myself.......

The Colts are the only team that if we are trading down,will be the key for the two top dlineman,cause I really think Ari is going for one of the two being JJ Watt retired.......
Iif the Raiders are letting Carr go,I can see him going to Indy......and Brady or Rodgers going to LV......not sure why anyone wants TB12 anymore,his career is over.
Lamaar is staying Baltimore after hearing they fired their oc and letting LJ be apart of their off playcalling.......

Im not exactly sure of other than Atl moving up to our spot.....they need someone to throw to Pitts and London.

Lots of scenarios out there,lets just hope it works out for the best.....lol

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indianapolis - I said it a ways back and now just about everyone is suggesting that this might be our most likely trade partner.
Indianapolis gets: #1 & #148 (from Ravens, subject to change depending on the playoff results)
Bears get: #4, #36, #106, #193, 2024 1st round & 3rd round picks.

Deal or no deal?

Saw an article about the Raiders wanting the #1 pick, so might as well do a Deal or No Deal here.

Las Vegas get - #1 & #145 (from Ravens, not sure if that's the exact pick#, but should be around that)
Bears get - #7, #38, #70, #138, 2024 1st & 4th rounds, 2025 3rd round

7, 38, 53, 65, 70, 103, 134, 136, 138, 220, plus we'll also have two 1sts & two 4ths in 2024, two 3rds in 2025.

So, the big question is..............

Deal or no deal?
Deal

I'm all for getting picks and / or young players

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably my final trade back scenario. I feel the Panthers, more so than the Raiders, will be seeking an opportunity to trade up. Here would be the cost of doing so with the Bears:

Carolina gets - #1 & #145 (from Ravens, not sure if that's the exact pick#, but should be around that)
Bears get - #9, #39, #60 (from SF), #128 (from SF), 2024 1st & 2nd rounds, 2025 2nd & 4th rounds.

This gives the Bears five picks in the top 65, not to mention a 1st & 2nd in '24, along with a 2nd & 4th in '25 - I think the exact pick numbers from the Niners might still be in a TBD stage, but it's close enough.

Deal or no deal?
Deal.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One final take on this Deal or No Deal thread. I've caught virtually no articles or videos on one team who could possibly be trading back and who could put a damper on opportunities for the Bears. And that's the AZ Cardinals, sitting at #3. If it's agreed that the best, Rd 1-worthy QBs in the draft are Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, and Will Levis, then one of them is guaranteed to be there at #3. And for teams farther back in the top 10 who'd like to snag one of these guys, they won't have to surrender as much draft capital as they would in a trade with the Bears. I only bring this up because it might limit how Poles, assuming he's set to trade back, proceeds with shopping the pick.
Interesting point but to really hurt us those QBs would need to be very close in value. I haven't dug deep in the tape of these QBs but I think there's a gap between Stroud / Young over Levis.
Also important is there are multiple potential buyers, if Cardinals happen to strike up a deal then we still have other teams to trade with and get a good haul

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point but to really hurt us those QBs would need to be very close in value. I haven't dug deep in the tape of these QBs but I think there's a gap between Stroud / Young over Levis.
Also important is there are multiple potential buyers, if Cardinals happen to strike up a deal then we still have other teams to trade with and get a good haul
I agree. I mentioned in a post above that AZ could very well be a major player on draft day. And interestingly enough, As for Levis, early one he wasn't in many early draft conversations when it came to determining the top QBs. But as many folks like me have mentioned, every year there's always one or two QBs who suddenly climb the boards, almost out of nowhere and who are now on everyone's hot list. This year that distinction belongs to Levis. Whether he deserves this rise is almost irrelevant. It's like a situation like this takes on its own life and suddenly, he's now up there with Young and Stroud. Go figure because I sure can't.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I mentioned in a post above that AZ could very well be a major player on draft day. And interestingly enough, As for Levis, early one he wasn't in many early draft conversations when it came to determining the top QBs. But as many folks like me have mentioned, every year there's always one or two QBs who suddenly climb the boards, almost out of nowhere and who are now on everyone's hot list. This year that distinction belongs to Levis. Whether he deserves this rise is almost irrelevant. It's like a situation like this takes on its own life and suddenly, he's now up there with Young and Stroud. Go figure because I sure can't.
I remember people talking about Levis as a first rounder before the season. This isn’t like a mitch Trubisky or Trey Lance situation.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember people talking about Levis as a first rounder before the season. This isn’t like a mitch Trubisky or Trey Lance situation.
Not doubting you, but all I heard thruout the regular season was Young and Stroud, at least as far as being the only two considered to go early. Now Levis is just about on par with those two in just about all draft conversations, with some even saying he's jumped up to #1.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis is rocketing up boards and jumping Stroud in some mocks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've previously stated, Bears fans, including yours truly, may have leaned a bit on the homerism side of the equation when discussing a Bears trade back and what we'd receive in return, depending of course on how far we trade back. I mean, who doesn't want the sun and the moon in any trade that takes place on draft day. But we may need to be a bit more grounded as to what we can expect. And that's shown here in this article where former scout-turned draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah gives examples of projected trades involving three possible candidates, the Texans, the Colts, and the Panthers:

The respective return values put forth by Jeremiah is a little more tempered and perhaps realistic. Altho who knows come actual draft day. A frenzy may develop just prior to the opening bell. I'd love this to be the case, but not expecting it to be so. One thing I like tho is Jeremiah's explanation as to why the Bears can nonetheless expect about a 120% return relative to what the going draft value chart provides in any such trade. I've never been a humongous fan of the value chart other than basing a loose guestimate on possible trade scenarios. I've always felt the team seeking to move up to a particular draft slot should be willing to overpay to a certain extent, and nowhere would this belief be more in line than for the #1 pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deal or no deal?
Ok, perhaps I was a bit generous to my Bears with that deal/no deal above, but really not that far off either. Didn't get as many picks in the real trade, but also didn't have to give up our 5th. And of course the trade above did not include one Mr. DJ Moore, who BTW is signed thru 2025 on a relatively team friendly contract!!! So all in all, not too shabby of a suggested trade vs actual outcome.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is so stupid