• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deal or No Deal

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it's a given that there really isn't much need to discuss who Poles will take in the draft, being we have to first go thru the free agency phase. But since we have a looooong way to go before this takes place, why not at least have some fun and play a little Deal or No Deal, with the potential trading of the first pick in the draft. After all, there are a number of teams that appear to be interested in obtaining our #1, perhaps as many as seven or eight clubs.

Team (draft order in parenthesis):
Houston Texans (2)
Indianapolis Colts (4)
Seattle Seahawks (5, from Denver)
Las Vegas Raiders (7)
Atlanta Falcons (8)
Carolina Panthers (9)

You could possibly throw in Detroit, Washington, even Tampa Bay. But the Lions might be set for at least another year to see if Goff can duplicate this season's success, while the Commanders & Bucs are too far down the totem pole to give any real consideration. One would think Poles at the very least would like to remain the top 10, preferably top 5, but you never know. So let's play, shall we?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here are the rules.
Uh, there are none. I'll throw out a possible trade scenario and it can either be yes to the deal or no. Or if it's no, feel free to come up with your own trade scenario.

Houston - Might as well start with the team who just gifted us the #1 pick.
Houston gets: #1 & #148 (from Ravens, subject to change depending on the playoff results)
Bears get: #2, #33, #73 (from Cleveland), 2024 2nd round & 4th round picks

First question probably is why would Houston bother giving up picks when another highly rated QB will be there at #2. The only answer is they have their sights set on a particular QB - perhaps Bryce Young, who knows. Otherwise, I agree, why bother. But maybe it matters enough to deal with the Bears. Would I like to see them either include the #12 pick this year or next year's 1st rounder? Sure, who wouldn't. But I'm trying to keep it a bit more realistic. So..........

Deal or no deal?

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here are the rules.
Uh, there are none. I'll throw out a possible trade scenario and it can either be yes to the deal or no. Or if it's no, feel free to come up with your own trade scenario.

Houston - Might as well start with the team who just gifted us the #1 pick.
Houston gets: #1 & #148 (from Ravens, subject to change depending on the playoff results)
Bears get: #2, #33, #73 (from Cleveland), 2024 2nd round & 4th round picks

First question probably is why would Houston bother giving up picks when another highly rated QB will be there at #2. The only answer is they have their sights set on a particular QB - perhaps Bryce Young, who knows. Otherwise, I agree, why bother. But maybe it matters enough to deal with the Bears. Would I like to see them either include the #12 pick this year or next year's 1st rounder? Sure, who wouldn't. But I'm trying to keep it a bit more realistic. So..........

Deal or no deal?
If we make Houston think we are in talks with other teams to trade back, they will get interested. Do to Houston what lynch and the 9ers did to pace and the bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make Houston think we are in talks with other teams to trade back, they will get interested. Do to Houston what lynch and the 9ers did to pace and the bears.
I'll go you one better. Remember, the one team most people are talking about trading with the Bears are the Colts, who happen to play in the same division as the Texans. Things could get very interesting there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indianapolis - I said it a ways back and now just about everyone is suggesting that this might be our most likely trade partner.
Indianapolis gets: #1 & #148 (from Ravens, subject to change depending on the playoff results)
Bears get: #4, #36, #106, #193, 2024 1st round & 3rd round picks.

Colts need to make a splash as their fans are tired of veteran retreads at the QB spot. Nothing says splash quite like trading for the #1 pick in the draft. But it costs. They're not flush with a ton of picks, only 8 for this year's draft, so we throw them a bone in giving them one of our 5th rounders.
With this trade we would then have accumulated for the '23 draft picks 4, 36, 56, 65, 103, 106, 134, 136, 193, & 220 - and still have Indy's 1st & 3rd in the bank for the '24 draft. Nice haul.

Deal or no deal?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indianapolis - I said it a ways back and now just about everyone is suggesting that this might be our most likely trade partner.
Indianapolis gets: #1 & #148 (from Ravens, subject to change depending on the playoff results)

Colts need to make a splash as their fans are tired of veteran retreads at the QB spot. Nothing says splash quite like trading for the #1 pick in the draft. But it costs. They're not flush with a ton of picks, only 8 for this year's draft, so we throw them a bone in giving them one of our 5th rounders.
With this trade we would then have accumulated for the '23 draft picks 4, 36, 56, 65, 103, 106, 134, 136, 193, & 220 - and still have Indy's 1st & 3rd in the bank for the '24 draft. Nice haul.

Deal or no deal?
I'm definitely not trading back from 1 to 4 to pickup draft choices outside of the first round. Those three spots are worth a lot.

I'll be curious to see if talks emerge between us and Arizona or Vegas. In terms of us packing the #1 pick for a package including Hopkins or Adams and their 1st round pick. Vegas may be more likely, as they're looking for their next QB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely not trading back from 1 to 4 to pickup draft choices outside of the first round. Those three spots are worth a lot.

I'll be curious to see if talks emerge between us and Arizona or Vegas. In terms of us packing the #1 pick for a package including Hopkins or Adams and their 1st round pick. Vegas may be more likely, as they're looking for their next QB.
Stay tuned my friend, I intend on doing a few more of these. Doubt I'll include the Cards, if only because they're already on the hook for gazillions to Kyler Murray, either in guaranteed money or dead cap. Unless of course they somehow are able to trade him, which I highly doubt. Vegas OTOH is a possible candidate.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always was viewing the Colts as the ideal target when we were looking at the 2 spot for our pick.

Because if QB went 1 that would mean we could take some assurance in trading 2 for 4 as we'd be trading with a QB hungry team.

Then 4 would be assured to be either Carter or Anderson since we'd have knowledge of where 1 and 2 went.

Now with the 1 pick it's a little bit more interesting because you never know...2 and 3 could go Anderson/Carter out of our control if we trade with the Colts and leave us a different direction at 4.

I mean, it's obviously better to have the 1 pick because we'll get a better haul back. I just think ironically the 2 pick would have been better for us if we wanted to assure one of those 2 guys and trade back with the Colts at 4.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona wont be moving anywhere unless itsAnd I highly highly doubt anyone moves up to the top 2 spots to grab both of those guys either..........

They already have their qb,and being its most likely top 2 picks will be qbs,JJ Watt retired,theyll be looking to draft one of those two def linemen to take his place..........

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go you one better. Remember, the one team most people are talking about trading with the Bears are the Colts, who happen to play in the same division as the Texans. Things could get very interesting there.
I think the people thinking we can trade back to 2, then to 4, are dreamers, but it’s possible. We could start talking to Seattle then to get the colts wanting to trade up too. It’d be awesome if that happened, but it would take a mastermind. I’m liking poles moves so far, but a draft like that would be something the GOAT GM does.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the people thinking we can trade back to 2, then to 4, are dreamers, but it’s possible. We could start talking to Seattle then to get the colts wanting to trade up too. It’d be awesome if that happened, but it would take a mastermind. I’m liking poles moves so far, but a draft like that would be something the GOAT GM does.
I'm not fixated whatsoever on Poles doing a trade with both Houston and Indy. Not saying Poles won't trade twice within the first round, I just don't think it will involve these two clubs. I said in my initial Houston post above that I'm not expecting a trade between our two teams. Something's gonna have to slip out from the Texans insider camp that indicates they're hellbent on one QB and one QB only in order for them to consider swapping picks with the Bears. I'm still liking the Colts trade possibility tho.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it's a given that there really isn't much need to discuss who Poles will take in the draft, being we have to first go thru the free agency phase. But since we have a looooong way to go before this takes place, why not at least have some fun and play a little Deal or No Deal, with the potential trading of the first pick in the draft. After all, there are a number of teams that appear to be interested in obtaining our #1, perhaps as many as seven or eight clubs.

Team (draft order in parenthesis):
Houston Texans (2)
Indianapolis Colts (4)
Seattle Seahawks (5, from Denver)
Las Vegas Raiders (7)
Atlanta Falcons (8)
Carolina Panthers (9)

You could possibly throw in Detroit, Washington, even Tampa Bay. But the Lions might be set for at least another year to see if Goff can duplicate this season's success, while the Commanders & Bucs are too far down the totem pole to give any real consideration. One would think Poles at the very least would like to remain the top 10, preferably top 5, but you never know. So let's play, shall we?
Throw the Jets in there. That QB room is a mess.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw the Jets in there. That QB room is a mess.
I thought about that, but I'm kinda guessing they'll give Wilson one more year before admitting defeat, which is why I left them off the initial list. No GM wants to admit he blew the 2nd pick in the draft (or in Ryan Pace's case, the 3rd pick).

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deal or no deal?
Kaplan is reporting the Colts are also willing to throw in Michael Pittman and another player...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaplan is reporting the Colts are also willing to throw in Michael Pittman and another player...
Actually, I was thinking of dumbing down my original mocks on both the Texans & Colts because each seems too favorable on our end - kinda smacks of mock draft homerism. Now if there's a rumor out there that the Colts are willing to throw in Pittman and whoever, I'd have to think it would be at the expense of some draft picks. As much as I would love to see such a scenario, I just can't fathom the Colts surrendering a boatload of picks AND Pittman to boot.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sounds like they are desperate. Poles needs to play poker. I like Pittman though.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean…Sounds good especially if we can get carter/anderson at 4. Young quality receiver. But Kap is a super homer that has been tossing out ultra lopsided (in our favor) trade possibilities for a while now…so grain of salt territory.

It’s going to be a long couple months. Nonstop possibilities both fake and legit. Most likely we don’t know until draft day/week where we’re going if a trade happens.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stroud doesn’t declare and Levis doesn’t jump up the draft board late, I think Indy becomes less of a possibility for trading back. If we aren’t getting Carter or Anderson by trading back to 4, then Indy loses the advantage that they otherwise would’ve had against other teams with a lower draft pick wanting to trade up. In that scenario, the first pick gains a ton of value for teams wanting to draft a qb, but if we want one of the premier defenders, the Texans become our only option to trade back.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stroud doesn’t declare and Levis doesn’t jump up the draft board late, I think Indy becomes less of a possibility for trading back. If we aren’t getting Carter or Anderson by trading back to 4, then Indy loses the advantage that they otherwise would’ve had against other teams with a lower draft pick wanting to trade up. In that scenario, the first pick gains a ton of value for teams wanting to draft a qb, but if we want one of the premier defenders, the Texans become our only option to trade back.
I actually hope Stroud stays for a final year. That could actually help the Bears tremendously, as it is rumored that the colts like Levis over Stroud. And Houston would then really hit a panic mode for the #1 pick on Young, if they do not see Levis as an alternative to their liking. Houston might be forced into trading for the #1 and then the Colts forced into trading for the #2...

One could hope and dream....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope Stroud stays for a final year. That could actually help the Bears tremendously, as it is rumored that the colts like Levis over Stroud. And Houston would then really hit a panic mode for the #1 pick on Young, if they do not see Levis as an alternative to their liking. Houston might be forced into trading for the #1 and then the Colts forced into trading for the #2...

One could hope and dream....
One can dream, I suppose…