• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks, Lynch agree to new deal

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No word yet on media availability.
:lol:

Um, I think we all know the word on that don't we?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beginning of the end for the Seahawks. lynch wins, he got his cash and he's got his ring. game, set match

Hawks way overpaid. not saying he won't be effective, but his beast mode days are behind him.

just my opinion
Now that's some wishful thinking the Seattle haters can really get behind.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beginning of the end for the Seahawks. lynch wins, he got his cash and he's got his ring. game, set match

Hawks way overpaid. not saying he won't be effective, but his beast mode days are behind him.

just my opinion

Dum de dum de dum de dum.
Lynch wreaks havok again.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's some wishful thinking the Seattle haters can really get behind.
if that's what you need to tell yourself. just look at similar deals, similar age, similar position.

then get back to me

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dum de dum de dum de dum.
Lynch wreaks havok again.

wat

meaningless post is meaningless. counter my argument with facts, I dare you
otherwise you are just a homer and belong in the Seahawks team forum

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will accept tiki barber as a comparison.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that's what you need to tell yourself. just look at similar deals, similar age, similar position.

then get back to me
Lynch will eventually lose to the undefeated Father Time, but I take more exception to the "beginning of the end" part than prediction Lynch's best days are over. Seattle will continue to be good lafter Lynch is on the decline. Almost all of our star players are mid-20s and locked up. And the cap is going up at an increasing rate. In 2015 it'll be more than $20M over what it was in 2013. Pretty unlikely this contract kills the team.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch will eventually lose to the undefeated Father Time, but I take more exception to the "beginning of the end" part than prediction Lynch's best days are over. Seattle will continue to be good lafter Lynch is on the decline. Almost all of our star players are mid-20s and locked up. And the cap is going up at an increasing rate. In 2015 it'll be more than $20M over what it was in 2013. Pretty unlikely this contract kills the team.
a much better retort

however, the sole identity of your offense has been lynch. so much so that the most controversial thing to ever happen in a super bowl was him not getting the ball.

I think he means more than you think,, or more specifically, what he used to be means more

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a much better retort

however, the sole identity of your offense has been lynch. so much so that the most controversial thing to ever happen in a super bowl was him not getting the ball.

I think he means more than you think,, or more specifically, what he used to be means more
Well I suppose I can just as easily say Lynch means less than you think. It's not a RB league and hasn't been for about 25 years. Wilson is a dynamic playmaker and is the straw that stirs the drink. Out-gained Brady this year. Had 4 undrafted WRs in the SB and was at the doorstep of a repeat. And really only controversial because most fans don't know what they hell they're talking about. Media personalities too.

Lynch is probably still going to be really good in 2015. The team along with it. We'll see what happens after that. I remember this time last year the haters were talking about how we wouldn't be able to keep it together and pay everyone.... but then Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, and Avril all re-signed and it's another SB season. So let's roll off the throttle on proclaiming death of the Hawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a much better retort

Your just speculating how good Lynch will be next year. Nobody really knows do they? Not even Lynch. The one solid fact is , he played well last year, very well. So if he's only 90% or 80%, still very good. Now if he falls to 50% that would not be good, but you know, there aren't no guarantees no matter what you do. Looks like a good gamble to me, but I'm just speculating also.

Time will tell.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I suppose I can just as easily say Lynch means less than you think. It's not a RB league and hasn't been for about 25 years. Wilson is a dynamic playmaker and is the straw that stirs the drink. Out-gained Brady this year. Had 4 undrafted WRs in the SB and was at the doorstep of a repeat. And really only controversial because most fans don't know what they hell they're talking about. Media personalities too.

Lynch is probably still going to be really good in 2015. The team along with it. We'll see what happens after that. I remember this time last year the haters were talking about how we wouldn't be able to keep it together and pay everyone.... but then Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, and Avril all re-signed and it's another SB season. So let's roll off the throttle on proclaiming death of the Hawks.

you are right. it's a money league, not a rb league. keep talking about how you are keeping people together, and others will point at your depth. the fact is, the only franchise in the last twenty years to be successful in the money game (year over year) is New England.

maybe you are right, and you will keep it going, but I doubt it.

oh, and your comment about how "most fans" and "media personalities" don't know what the hell they are talking about. wow....just, wow.... first of all...you are a fan. second of all, everyone, including your beloved beast mode, knows what should have happened. tell yourself whatever you want. but the game was lost because of the call. you know it, I know it, fans know it, and media personalities know it.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a
Your just speculating how good Lynch will be next year. Nobody really knows do they? Not even Lynch. The one solid fact is , he played well last year, very well. So if he's only 90% or 80%, still very good. Now if he falls to 50% that would not be good, but you know, there aren't no guarantees no matter what you do. Looks like a good gamble to me, but I'm just speculating also.

Time will tell.
an educated response. I cannot disagree. but it's a Money league. and lynch has his now. God knows what will follow

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will accept tiki barber as a comparison.

Cool. Three straight seasons of 2000+ total yardage and an average of 10 TDs a year to finish his career?

Hawk fans will take it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right. it's a money league, not a rb league. keep talking about how you are keeping people together, and others will point at your depth. the fact is, the only franchise in the last twenty years to be successful in the money game (year over year) is New England.
The Seahawks have done it pretty well consistently during the PC and JS regime; I don't really see relevance from anything that happened before they arrived when talking about what may happen going forward. However, it certainly isn't like the team didn't see success in the Holmgren years. Not every decision has worked out, but that holds true for NE as well. And not sure why you're taking a swipe at Seattle's depth. It's been among the deepest teams in the league the last 3 years. Probably why they've won an avg of 12 games a year and made it to 2 SBs.

maybe you are right, and you will keep it going, but I doubt it.
Of course you do. It doesn't line up with your fan interests. That's what fans do. You don't think they'll keep it going because you don't want it to happen.

oh, and your comment about how "most fans" and "media personalities" don't know what the hell they are talking about. wow....just, wow.... first of all...you are a fan. second of all, everyone, including your beloved beast mode, knows what should have happened. tell yourself whatever you want. but the game was lost because of the call. you know it, I know it, fans know it, and media personalities know it.
Yeah, I have this crazy notion that NFL coaches and GMs know the game better than the fans and media. When you get to solve the crime after it's already been solved, you can talk yourself into being smarter than the detective. So the team's play didn't work so that means they shouldn't have run it? Yeah, brilliant. Of course, no outrage over having Lynch on the bench for the final drive of the 1st half or going for the TD that tied the game instead of taking the sure thing FG. That's why I don't much care to get into the playcalling criticism game. All we do is bash the ones that didn't work. Pointless.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch only had 280 carries last season (granted they went to the SBOWL). I figure Seattle will continue to use him less and only require 20+ carries in HARD matchups or when the game is on the line. Turbin is a great backup and I foresee Michael getting more reps if he can fix the fumble issues.

Seattle is one of the deeper teams runningback wise.

Either way, this allows Seattle to ignore runningback in the draft and focus on D/O-Line and WR.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta think he is going to break down sometime soon with the way he runs. That dude has taken a beating over the years. I guess you could call it wishful thinking on my part.

Just go away already you weird bastard.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMR said:

Do you actually believe the stuff you write? Difficult to tell with your sentence structure. Are you trying to say Wilson "out-gained" Tom Brady? In what category may I ask?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch only had 280 carries last season (granted they went to the SBOWL). I figure Seattle will continue to use him less and only require 20+ carries in HARD matchups or when the game is on the line. Turbin is a great backup and I foresee Michael getting more reps if he can fix the fumble issues.

Seattle is one of the deeper teams runningback wise.

Either way, this allows Seattle to ignore runningback in the draft and focus on D/O-Line and WR.

Not sure I agree that Turbin is a great back up. Where would you rank him overall compared to other RBs in the NFL? Also Michael hasn`t proved he can understand the playbook or hold onto the ball.