• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay harbaugh hired as special teams coordinator

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted harbaugh i guess this will do for now

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay harbaugh hired as special teams coordinator
Yup the good old boy network is alive and well in the NFL. After working for his uncle and daddy he now has a job with a friend of the family. Well hopefully he has inherited their football IQ.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Schneider is almost a cross between Jack Nicholson and Dennis Quaid...

Here's JOHNNY! Been then has that calm yet condescending way of explaining things that Dennis does...

:hmm:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still remember what he did to Eagles....
Won't be at the top of my list but would be interesting as OC I guess, which is better then some vanilla hire for OC. I like the idea of hiring Grubb, Engstrand was intriguing also. Good offensive minded coaches have been mined heavily lately so not a easy search to find the right one.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting... even if Seatlte's offense does well nobody will be eager to snatch up Chip Kelly for a HC in the NFL lol.

HC and OC/DC are two VERY different things. Could be that Chip is fine as an OC and sucks ass as a HC in the NFL. He should be able to get quite a bit out of Ken/Zach.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to chip kelly this game is stuck in my mind

The quick no huddle offense left them with 18 minutes of TOPView attachment 353707

Well of their 8 punts, 5 of them were 3 and outs for 23 net yards. They only had 9 1st downs the entire game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. They had an okay defense in 2018 (think it was close to top 10) but everything else was pretty mediocre or flat out atrocious.

I think Carroll got pretty lucky with the talent that was drafted and those guys just out-muscled every other offense. There was also a TON of leadership on that defense. Sherman, Wagner, Wright, Mebane, ET... that team was FULL of guys where if you weren't playing 100% they'd metaphorically kick your ass into gear. There was no chuckling and laughing on the sideline if Seattle's D was slipping on stuff.

I mean who has Seattle had in the last 5 years where you can say they were a huge leader? Not much... and anyone from the old team was near retirement, they're done with that crap.

Ken Norton Jr took WAY to much blame. He took a group of men mostly average at best and kept them "respectable" as a defense not great and was not wanted by many fans. I myself believe he would have this group a top 15 defense easy. that would give us in my opinion 2 to 3 more wins this past season, maybe more.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only issue with Chip from what I saw in Philly and his philosophy in general... is it's a lot of explosive plays or 3 and outs...

In all 4 years of his head coaching in the NFL (3x Philly, 1x San Fran), his teams were DEAD last (#32) 4 consecutive rows in a year, in time of possession lol. He still produced some decent offenses for points allowed (at least with Philly) but yah... it's kind of odd too because he does like to run the football.

If you want your defense EXHAUSTED by the end of the season, Chip Kelly is your head coach lol. Now that doesn't really matter as much in NCAAF (scorefest most of the time anyway) but it does matter big time in the NFL where offenses can come back so quickly against an exhausted/injured defense.

Funny enough, it'd kind of mirror Seattle last year. Almost a top 10 yards per attempt offense, but bottom in TOP. Now part of that was on the defense giving up the 3rd worst 3rd down conversion rate, so it's not apples to apples... but statistically you'd think it was run by Kelly lol.

Now that said, his role as an OC might be completely different. MacDonald may sit down with him and force him to make modifications or change things up if he's going to be the OC. Chip Kelly's offense would be 'interesting' and 'exciting' given he'll certainly play with all our toys and draw up some electric plays... but he's gotta add an element of conservatism to it.