• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks and Sherman nearing deal

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be done. He's worth it.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved, IMO, he's the best ever at that spot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best ever. After 3 years :L

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best ever. After 3 years :L

lol. As I do think he is really good I cringed a little after reading 'the best ever'

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. As I do think he is really good I cringed a little after reading 'the best ever'

Well I guess, to be fair, there is a chance he's right we just won't know for a decade or so. For example, if someone would have said "Jerry Rice is the best ever!" after only his third year they would have actually been right, they just wouldn't know they were right until 14 years later.

I should be a politician with spin that good. :lol:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman will go down as one of the best corners to EVER to play the game… This is not me being a home town homer either… The man has proven it over and over and his career has just started…. His anticipation for reading the flight of the ball and keeping good position is the best I've ever seen… You can't throw the ball up one on one… You just can't… Fade routes are eliminated when that man is on you…

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion is the best corner ever and it's gonna take many more years of Sherman playing at his current level before it becomes debatable. I don't think it's necessarily a stretch to think that Sherman's the best corner the Seahawks have ever had though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion is the best corner ever and it's gonna take many more years of Sherman playing at his current level before it becomes debatable. I don't think it's necessarily a stretch to think that Sherman's the best corner the Seahawks have ever had though.

Deion was the best athlete… Sherman will never have Deion's athleticism… Hell no one will… But when you look at the technique and the anticipation Sherman has that is what makes Sherm so great… I went to the Titans game last year and when the ball was thrown his way and he's like a suit all over the guy he's covering… His long arms and length make it almost impossible to go over the top on him… Titans tried and Sherm was the receiver…

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.. I personally think he will have to play better than the past 3 years to compete with Deion. He is the best cornerback in the NFL right now though no doubt about that. One thing I can say about both Sherman and Deion is that I can't stand either of them!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.. I personally think he will have to play better than the past 3 years to compete with Deion. He is the best cornerback in the NFL right now though no doubt about that. One thing I can say about both Sherman and Deion is that I can't stand either of them!

Deion was just so ridiculously fast… He could do punt returns, BIG time INT returns on a regular basis, so from that standpoint Deion was one of a kind… Sherm though in coverage is ridiculously good.. He's got everything you could want in a corner shutting someone down...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is safe to say that Seahawks fans with give a sigh of relief when they officially get this deal done.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the comments on that article are just stupid. You pay great players, you dont let them go.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's excellent news! Any word on Earl Thomas?

There was no chance they were going to be able to work on both this year. They just didn't have enough cap space to work big deals for both and still allow the room they need for the draft.

You have to get one of them done this year so you don't have both of them able to squeeze you next year. If Sherman gets locked up now they will have Wilson and Thomas next year. If something can't be worked out with Thomas you can still franchise him. You couldn't franchise both so this has to get worked out.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the comments on that article are just stupid. You pay great players, you dont let them go.

I'm not going to read them but this is absolutely the case. If you can make the money work, a Sherman doesn't go anywhere.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no chance they were going to be able to work on both this year. They just didn't have enough cap space to work big deals for both and still allow the room they need for the draft.

You have to get one of them done this year so you don't have both of them able to squeeze you next year. If Sherman gets locked up now they will have Wilson and Thomas next year. If something can't be worked out with Thomas you can still franchise him. You couldn't franchise both so this has to get worked out.

I don't know about that. A extension doesn't necessarily have to affect this years draft, does it? Thomas is making decent money this year, if you just extent his contract without a signing bonus it might be doable.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could just do a good chunk of money due the following season as some sort of fully guaranteed roster bonus, if needed. The cap can be worked without too much issue; you just have to pay eventually.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most were not Seahawks fans, but this one comment had me doing a face palm.

andrew89
12 minutes agoas a hawks fan, I want to see Sherman stay. But this is way too much money. We still got Thomas, wagner, wright, Wilson, okung, avril, Maxwell, and too many other good players to sign. I understand we cant keep em all, but I don't want them to get suffocated by Sherman and wilsons contracts.

Does he feel the Seahawks should let Sherman and Wilson walk?:L