• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks 49'ers GAME DAY THREAD

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see the 2nd half (had to go to work), but it looks like the Defense shut them down.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we still need some help for the #1 seed even if we win out?

Possibly. If Seattle wins out the only scenario they don't get HFA is if they are tied with Dallas. I haven't come across a 3+ tiebreaker scenario where the Seahawks don't win because they'll have the best conference record. They win the tiebreak with Detroit either based on strength of victory or wins against common opponents (forget which) and they would have the head to head over Green Bay, Arizona and Philadelphia.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. Unfortunately you are going to get curb stomped next week by the cards led by the one and only Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas or Kurt Warner or Brett Favre or Dennis Dixon or ??? :L

Things are really looking good in Seattle right now.

I've written your team off already more than once and they keep winning. Not making that mistake again. :tsk:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see the 2nd half (had to go to work), but it looks like the Defense shut them down.
Oh, you better believe it, man!
:yahoo:

What'd I say before halftime? Finding a way to change our game plan? CALLED IT!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Cowboys have to lose one of their three remaining games (Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Washington).

This is not true unless GB loses again. See the thread I made on the road to HFA.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not true unless GB loses again. See the thread I made on the road to HFA.

Well, the only scenario I know of that Seattle loses the HFA (if they win out) is if they are tied with Dallas and no one else. So, the only way that HFA is not in Seattle's hands to take or lose is if that were to happen. So, Dallas loses puts HFA squarely in Seattle's hands, otherwise there is a chance that Seattle doesn't get it, even if they win out. That's what I meant, without fully explaining.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a game by the defense again. Terrible officiating as per usual in the NFL, but at least Seattle came out with the W. Just gotta take care of business and HFA is a real possibility.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the only scenario I know of that Seattle loses the HFA (if they win out) is if they are tied with Dallas and no one else. So, the only way that HFA is not in Seattle's hands to take or lose is if that were to happen. So, Dallas loses puts HFA squarely in Seattle's hands, otherwise there is a chance that Seattle doesn't get it, even if they win out. That's what I meant, without fully explaining.

Yeah, I'm sure you get it. The NFL tiebreaker system is probably more complicated than it should be, but this comes up every year and most of us have been though it a few times lol.

There will be 5 teams with 4 or fewer losses after this game tonight with both the Lions/GB yet to play next week and Seattle/Arizona playing next week as well. All of our roads to HFA require Seattle wins next week and obviously we win the tiebreaker with Zona and win the division over there first. We own both GB and the Lions in either head to head or 3 way ties and would own the Eagles in both should they win.

The scenario you listed is the only thing that could take that fate out of the Seahawks hands.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made me look like a genius! I had Seattle and gave up 9 1/2 points. You win by 10! Thank you.....