• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now we know what it costs, kind of spendy for my taste

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand pat and make your picks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Jones
Pat Mahomes
Joe Burrows
Kirk Cousins
Tom Brady
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Tannehill
Daniel Jones
Davis Mills
Zach Wilson
Justin Fields

So, that's what, 1 team that could possibly draft a QB before we pick?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Jones
Pat Mahomes
Joe Burrows
Kirk Cousins
Tom Brady
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Tannehill
Daniel Jones
Davis Mills
Zach Wilson
Justin Fields

So, that's what, 1 team that could possibly draft a QB before we pick?

who cares? you don't just draft a QB to draft one. These guys in a "normal QB" draft would be 4th round picks don't reach just because there is no talent there. Sadly Drew Lock would have been easily the Number one QB this year EASILY. The Hawks Have to avoid picking a QB none will be more than a Back-up at best. That's how you set your team back and ruin it's future. Over drafting players. Two LOW 2nd round picks can REALLY help this team if they avoid the QB position.

I still say go for the QB next year or even possibly in 2024. By then they should have every or almost every piece in place.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares? you don't just draft a QB to draft one. These guys in a "normal QB" draft would be 4th round picks don't reach just because there is no talent there. Sadly Drew Lock would have been easily the Number one QB this year EASILY. The Hawks Have to avoid picking a QB none will be more than a Back-up at best. That's how you set your team back and ruin it's future. Over drafting players. Two LOW 2nd round picks can REALLY help this team if they avoid the QB position.

You misunderstand. I don't want to select one. I can't think of a single time I've ever advocated for draft a QB early in this draft. I don't want to even think about QB until the 3rd round, and maybe not even then, depending on who's available. I posted that because I fear that Seattle will think it's worth a second round flyer for the young guns.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was hoping we could get him in the 2nd :(

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstand. I don't want to select one. I can't think of a single time I've ever advocated for draft a QB early in this draft. I don't want to even think about QB until the 3rd round, and maybe not even then, depending on who's available. I posted that because I fear that Seattle will think it's worth a second round flyer for the young guns.

No i understood, i am just saying who cares who is needy in front of us or not needy. We just flat out need to avoid QB period who cares who needs what in front of us, it just doesn't matter.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad truth is had the Hawks NOT traded for Jamal Adams they would have picked 9th and 10th. Everyone here has bitched about not having a top 10 pick and yet Ignore the fact that Jamal Adams who is Over paid over hyped cost us 2 #1's and a 3rd. One of the #1's was a top 10 pick. Damn they should have drafted Hamilton! Jamal couldn't hold this guys Jock strap.
This just isn't true; if we didn't make the Jamal Adams trade, we would not be making the RW trade. I agree that the Adams trade is a dud so far, but we were not going to have picks 9 and 10 in this draft in any world unless we traded DK to the Jets to get #10 back.

And Adams healthy and used properly is every bit as good and probably better than Hamilton, albeit quite a bit more expensive.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with CB Andrew Booth JR in the 2nd.

I wanted to add something seeing as I am talking about CB. I really liked what I saw from Sydney Jones! I feel he showed such improvement over the season as he FINALLY got some playing time. I have no doubts he is the best CB on the team right now or close to it. ( I know thats not saying much ) **reason for my pick**

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Kiper would just vanish, he only has a job because he was able to get a IN with some people and always pushed his draft stuff as the best LMAO. Living off what 2 good years from the 80's? Dude is a JOKE!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Screamin12th Eh gotta remember Kiper did a lot to push the whole hype around the NFL draft. He did a lot to push the narrative and make it a thing. I definitely think he's a bit obnoxious from time to time, but it goes without reserve that he draws in listeners/viewers, and it wasn't all bad.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion only,
Cross was a good pick.. We watched Russ run for his life on pass protection. Seeing what RB's we kept, plus the 1st pick, I see a quick offense with speed. KC 'ish?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion only,
Cross was a good pick.. We watched Russ run for his life on pass protection. Seeing what RB's we kept, plus the 1st pick, I see a quick offense with speed. KC 'ish?
Don't see the Seahawks ever looking KC ish on offense but have the foundation for a balanced offense getting started. Looking forward to the rest of the draft.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were preaching how they have to get back to running the ball, Cross is weak in the run game. Pass protection on a offense that wants to throw 50% or less? We are not going to throw the ball 30 times a game. Will be lucky to see 25 times.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were preaching how they have to get back to running the ball, Cross is weak in the run game. Pass protection on a offense that wants to throw 50% or less? We are not going to throw the ball 30 times a game. Will be lucky to see 25 times.
Not his strength but passing downs can be crucial for first downs and scoring. Seahawks will find a way to run the ball, not to worried about that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe cross can be decent in the run, just that his team ran the ball almost never

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about the talent we have running the ball but the lack of durability. When your top 2 RB's are injured 80% of the time you are relying on sub par talent to start and you need all the line help you can get in the running game. Not sure if Cross helps at all in that area as he rarely ran blocked and when he did he was bad.

Didn't Mississippi State have a negative yardage rushing game last year?

*edit*
Yeah against Alabama, I thought so.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about the talent we have running the ball but the lack of durability. When your top 2 RB's are injured 80% of the time you are relying on sub par talent to start and you need all the line help you can get in the running game. Not sure if Cross helps at all in that area as he rarely ran blocked and when he did he was bad.

Didn't Mississippi State have a negative yardage rushing game last year?

*edit*
Yeah against Alabama, I thought so.
Mississippi State hardy run the ball, they were pass happy to the max. I pretty sure the Seahawks are drafting a RB and hoping for Dameon Pierce to have a healthy RB that really fits the Seahawks style of physical runners. LT main priority is pass blocking and it's been long over due since the Seahawks have drafted one that could do that well.