• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2022 draft- news, prospects

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think it's funny that Seattle uses the pick they got for the guy who complained about pass protection to pick up a pass protector?

Richard Pryor Kinda GIF

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Cross. He is what we Needed.

Would I have Loved Sauce, Jordan Davis....

Fuck ya. But we got to take needs. LT is one.

Hope we hear a CB and a Edge in the 2nd tomorrow

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Cross is going to suck, I just think he will be average. Yes average is a upgrade in my eyes but I think we had shots at better players. Like I stated a few months ago in a different thread if they picked at 9 I wanted BPA not BPA at a need position. Still think we could have used Hamilton I just think he is going to be a future HoF'er .. I am that high on him. Only one other player I wanted more than Hamilton and that was Gardner who was gone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 719 snaps pass blocking Cross allowed only 2 sacks last season …

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at pass rushers at 40/41

Boye Mafe looks like a nice choice there. Fast and good hands. Looks like a disruptor in run and pass game.

David Ojabo should fall after tearing his achilles in March, but we're in no hurry to have a guy perform immediately since we're rebuilding.

If we can grab one of these 2 and a CB I'm good.

I'm thinking one of those picks gets traded back though. Could get Ojabo even later depending on how teams respond to his injury. He should be back to work in 6 months or so.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about this Cross guy, but I find it incredibly ironic that "run-first" PC/JS draft a LT from an air raid offense with the very first pick we had after trading away a HOF QB with elite passing skills that we just never really seemed to fully embrace and/or adequately protect with a consistently capable OL. Of course, we wouldn't have even had the pick had we not traded Russell, adding even more irony.

I was hoping for that physical freak DT from Georgia (Jordan Davis I think?) with this pick, but I really have fallen off so much over recent years on keeping up with the prospects that I just roll with the punches anymore and see how things turn out. Also in the middle of an out of state move (headed to Texas -- Fort Worth area), so that has been a huge draw on my time as well.

Anyway, should be a fun 2nd round with picks 40 & 41. Almost seems like a no-brainer that 1 of those will be a trade down, but I guess we'll see. I wouldn't be fazed if we take a RB (once again, no clue who the top ones are) as insurance against Penny's durability & Carson's iffy neck. Anything but a WR, TE, or S in rnd 2, pls.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at pass rushers at 40/41

Boye Mafe looks like a nice choice there. Fast and good hands. Looks like a disruptor in run and pass game.

David Ojabo should fall after tearing his achilles in March, but we're in no hurry to have a guy perform immediately since we're rebuilding.

If we can grab one of these 2 and a CB I'm good.

I'm thinking one of those picks gets traded back though. Could get Ojabo even later depending on how teams respond to his injury. He should be back to work in 6 months or so.
Sam Williams would also be nice.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, DE, OL with the next two picks. bernhard raimann sounds like their kind of OL, strong in the run and can play multiple positions. he is a little bit older though at 25

if we really are going to a 3-4, DT travis jones would be a good pick as well.

I would use this draft to build out the OL and the defense, next year we can get our QB and RB and add pieces to the defense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Cross. He is what we Needed.

Would I have Loved Sauce, Jordan Davis....

Fuck ya. But we got to take needs. LT is one.

Hope we hear a CB and a Edge in the 2nd tomorrow

NO NO NO on Sauce and Davis. We got a potential franchise PASS BLOCKING left tackle who is 21 years old. You know how hard it is to find those mother fuckers? It's fuckin' impossible unless you're the dumbass Ravens and trade one away.

Corner? Easy, they are traded all the time. Giant fatass nose tackle? Eh, findable with a pick in the 20s.

Now I DO agree with your statement about finding an EDGE in the 2nd. CB? No... we have a secondary mastermind as the head coach. Draft a corner in the later rounds and call it a day.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about this Cross guy, but I find it incredibly ironic that "run-first" PC/JS draft a LT from an air raid offense with the very first pick we had after trading away a HOF QB with elite passing skills that we just never really seemed to fully embrace and/or adequately protect with a consistently capable OL. Of course, we wouldn't have even had the pick had we not traded Russell, adding even more irony.

I was hoping for that physical freak DT from Georgia (Jordan Davis I think?) with this pick, but I really have fallen off so much over recent years on keeping up with the prospects that I just roll with the punches anymore and see how things turn out. Also in the middle of an out of state move (headed to Texas -- Fort Worth area), so that has been a huge draw on my time as well.

Anyway, should be a fun 2nd round with picks 40 & 41. Almost seems like a no-brainer that 1 of those will be a trade down, but I guess we'll see. I wouldn't be fazed if we take a RB (once again, no clue who the top ones are) as insurance against Penny's durability & Carson's iffy neck. Anything but a WR, TE, or S in rnd 2, pls.

Jordan Davis was the guy I thought they were gonna target also, but an LT you need to protect that blind side, so whoever ends up being our QB this could end up being a pick that will benefit us for years … Definitely we needed this pick … I have zero concern about his run blocking, he’ll be fine, you want your LT to pass block better anyway, we need more pass blockers with good technique …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Davis was the guy I thought they were gonna target also, but an LT you need to protect that blind side, so whoever ends up being our QB this could end up being a pick that will benefit us for years … Definitely we needed this pick … I have zero concern about his run blocking, he’ll be fine, you want your LT to pass block better anyway, we need more pass blockers with good technique …

Thankfully they didn't do something stupid and draft Jordan Davis. Look I get it, the guy will be a stud against the run... THE RUN. Yah Seattle doesn't have issues against the run nor do they project to have issues with it going into 2023. The entire league is shifting to PASS PASS PASS.

There's 3 things you do about that.

Get a QB: well Seattle needs to still figure this out but okay... easier said than done.
Protect the QB: DING DING DING, Cross is far and away the best pass blocker of this draft.
Get to the QB: Well we really don't have that yet... but maybe today.

Jordan Davis does NONE of those things.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cross pick and seems like the dude can play. It's a position of need and one of the most difficult to find.
Just glad they didn't do their usual trade back 20 spots.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully they didn't do something stupid and draft Jordan Davis. Look I get it, the guy will be a stud against the run... THE RUN. Yah Seattle doesn't have issues against the run nor do they project to have issues with it going into 2023. The entire league is shifting to PASS PASS PASS.

Get a QB: well Seattle needs to still figure this out but okay... easier said than done.
Protect the QB: DING DING DING, Cross is far and away the best pass blocker of this draft.

It's not always about the sexy picks but the smart picks is what builds championship teams.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO on Sauce and Davis. We got a potential franchise PASS BLOCKING left tackle who is 21 years old. You know how hard it is to find those mother fuckers? It's fuckin' impossible unless you're the dumbass Ravens and trade one away.

Corner? Easy, they are traded all the time. Giant fatass nose tackle? Eh, findable with a pick in the 20s.

Now I DO agree with your statement about finding an EDGE in the 2nd. CB? No... we have a secondary mastermind as the head coach. Draft a corner in the later rounds and call it a day.

Then what say you in the 2nd round

Edge and MLB?

Edge and QB?

If it is QB. There is one guy that I don't want.

Guys name is Carson Strong. He is my type of QB but he needs a OL because no athletic ability.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LT was the smart pick … I think Jordan could end up being a guy that gets pressure up the middle though with his combo of size and speed, would love to have him, BUT, Cross was better for us, we had a desperate need there so I agree, I’m totally cool with the pick …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what say you in the 2nd round

Edge and MLB?

Edge and QB?

If it is QB. There is one guy that I don't want.

Guys name is Carson Strong. He is my type of QB but he needs a OL because no athletic ability.

2nd? Target EDGE and ILB. The entire linebacker crew needs starters and correction IMMEDIATELY. I'm fine dealing with Lock for next year. I mean if Willis is available? Eh.......... but I've seen how running QBs work out. They don't. Just draft linebackers. Barton sucks and Brooks can't cover for shit. Just draft linebackers/EDGE.

As for OT? It HAD to be addressed Fudge. I'm high on Forsythe but that's not enough. Curhan I'm not high on. Left tackle is a GLARING hole after Brown left and IMO Cross (if he can stop holding) is the most NFL ready pass blocking tackle in this draft. And the fucker is barely 21... he can be a franchise left tackle for the next 15 years.. my liver will probably kill me by then.