• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objection! Speculation!
I wont ask for links. ADB disagrees completely with you on that.

That just seems to be my own observation. The shoving on the sidelines, the verbal outbursts, Wilson ignoring Bevell, etc.

Maybe giving up was the wrong term to use and "The players seem to be frustrated with Cable/Bevell" would've been a bit more fitting based on what I've seen.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe giving up was the wrong term to use and "The players seem to be frustrated with Cable/Bevell" would've been a bit more fitting based on what I've seen.
I dunno about that. Maybe a few are, but I listened to Baldwin's post-game comments with his thoughts on the offense's struggles, and he flat out stated, "Bev isn't the problem" and wasn't even specifically asked about anyone by name. ADB said "we aren't executing as a team." He's the most outspoken guy on the offense. If he truly thought the OC was the issue, he wouldn't have stated otherwise when asked an open-ended question that didn't even include the OC's name.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think baldwin is going to say its bevells fault publically?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Seahawks take an approach that builds around Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner. IMO Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL, and Bobby Wagner deserves DPOY consideration. Those are two great pieces to build around.

Seahawks will have a number of holes to fill this offseason.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Sherman, Bennett, Avril, Earl and Kam this offseason. With the exception of Bobby Wagner, those were our 5 best defensive starters last year.

I could see them giving Maxwell another one year contract for depth purposes unless someone picks up interest in him. He and McDougald played fairly well for us. McDougald is no superstar, but he IMO is a league average safety with ability to play SS and FS.

For depth purposes and in case Kam retires, I'd like to see him given a 2 year contract.

Shitty thing about the Michael Bennett situation is that cutting him only saves us $2m while counting $5m against the cap. He took a serious step back last year and will be 33 next year, but I wonder if we're better off just keeping him on the roster next year.

I'm comfortable with the interior going forward. Jarran Reed really took a step forward this year and Naz Jones looked impressive at times as well.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He unsolicited said Bevell wasn’t the problem so.......

No, but like I said, he wasnt asked about Bevell.

no but its obvious the issue was on his mind, its probably been on his mind for a few years now. he is being the pro and saying the right things. i think behind the scenes its a different story.

i dont blame him, in a better offense he would be putting up sick numbers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but its obvious the issue was on his mind, its probably been on his mind for a few years now. he is being the pro and saying the right things. i think behind the scenes its a different story.

Yes it was on his mind and if he agreed with the sentiment he says nothing unless asked and if he disagrees with it he speaks up unsolicited and defends Bevell. I really don’t understand how folks think a OC can perform when he has a OL that is so bad that running the ball means the RB gets hit three yards behind the line of scrimmage and passing means the QB usually has to run for his life and perform magic to get off a pass. That’s a exaggeration but truly the situation with the OL is incredibly bad and no way can you measure the quality of the play call.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks work out Jeff Locke - looks like they may bring in competition for Ryan

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks work out Jeff Locke - looks like they may bring in competition for Ryan
Hopefully getting back to having players compete for jobs. To some degree the Seahawks got away from that philosophy.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hhmmm....i like Ryan.Knocks it down inside 20 pretty damn consistent....had bad year for sure.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was on his mind and if he agreed with the sentiment he says nothing unless asked and if he disagrees with it he speaks up unsolicited and defends Bevell. I really don’t understand how folks think a OC can perform when he has a OL that is so bad that running the ball means the RB gets hit three yards behind the line of scrimmage and passing means the QB usually has to run for his life and perform magic to get off a pass. That’s a exaggeration but truly the situation with the OL is incredibly bad and no way can you measure the quality of the play call.

it doesnt seem that our offense has made any attempt to compensate for the weak OL and running game. they just run essentially the same offense and the same plays and hope for the best.

we need a more dynamic offense, this one is stuck in the mud. it looks like we will have one more year of it, at least.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesnt seem that our offense has made any attempt to compensate for the weak OL and running game. they just run essentially the same offense and the same plays and hope for the best.

we need a more dynamic offense, this one is stuck in the mud. it looks like we will have one more year of it, at least.
Don't disagree. Seahawks need to figure out how to paste together a average OL before the offense can perform. Until that happens your going to see a offense counting on a handful of big plays to pull out games. It's discouraging based on how the OL has performed over the last few years, but going to stay positive and believe they'll figure it out same as they did with the QB position eventually.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have requested to interview Schneider

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Baldwin has had issues with coaches in the past (flipping off the sideline in '16 when Bevell called the WR pass that ended up being a TD catch for RW vs Philly), and he's also the most outspoken and blunt person on the offense and probably the 2nd most on the whole team behind Sherm. He's not gonna go out of his way to defend someone he doesn't like. It just doesn't add up. I would expect him to give a fairly diplomatic answer if asked a direct question about an individual, but he wasn't. It was a general question, and he made a point of it to get the crosshairs off the OC. I'm not saying Baldwin is a huge Bevell fan, but the comment I was responding to was that "players" are sick of Bevell/Cable. Baldwin's statement doesn't match up with that sentiment is all I'm saying. If there's better evidence out there, I'm all ears.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This offense led the NFL in both points and yards in the 2nd half of games. Our QB led the league in passing TDs and broke the all time single season record for 4th qtr passing TDs. It's dynamic when it's working. Need to diagnose the reason(s) it gets off to slow starts and doesn't really get it going until their backs are against the wall, and if that gets improved then they'll be back on track. I don't think you have to rip it down to the studs in order to do that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense led the NFL in both points and yards in the 2nd half of games. Our QB led the league in passing TDs and broke the all time single season record for 4th qtr passing TDs. It's dynamic when it's working. Need to diagnose the reason(s) it gets off to slow starts and doesn't really get it going until their backs are against the wall, and if that gets improved then they'll be back on track. I don't think you have to rip it down to the studs in order to do that.

this fits under "lies, damn lies, and statistics".

having wilson is the only saving grace on this team and he does most of it all on his own.

if we had no wilson, imagine just how God awful our O would be. pretty damn awful.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this fits under "lies, damn lies, and statistics".

having wilson is the only saving grace on this team and he does most of it all on his own.

if we had no wilson, imagine just how God awful our O would be. pretty damn awful.

Mostly true, but Baldwin has helped then Graham, Richardson even Lockett have had moments.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baldwin is a HOFer in most offenses, i believe that. put him on the falcons or patriots and he is easily making 100 catches per year and 1200 yards. this offense? lucky to break 1000 yards. lockett is also way underused and until this year graham was a total waste. still had his lowest stats of his career outside of TDs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baldwin is a HOFer in most offenses, i believe that. put him on the falcons or patriots and he is easily making 100 catches per year and 1200 yards. this offense? lucky to break 1000 yards. lockett is also way underused and until this year graham was a total waste. still had his lowest stats of his career outside of TDs.

It all falls to the OL. Some how, some way that needs to get fixed.