• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter: Source says Bradys legal team is so good "= Won't miss a game."

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can agree to disagree then? Because you don't seem to get my main point. Which I would have to say the majority of people interested in this case would've preferred a single piec of paper from Wells that said.
Brady caught on tape, Brady phone records show, tweedle dee and dumb said Brady made us do it...
No instead 243 pages of speculation is much better and thus the resaon we're still talking about this.
we will never know what bradys phone records show cause he never turned them over .. so thats a moot point

and again you dont get my point .. its not our damn business

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have been going back and forth about smoking guns, turning over private cell phones, witholding info that could clear you...

Now this is just me. If I wrote a 243 page report, and I had discoverd a "smoking gun", after spending millions to produce it, I think I would've put that evidence in the report. Maybe then the report wouldn't have needed to have been 243 pages and certainley not 2000. BLUF would've been on page # 1. Or are we to agree that the NFL found a smoking gun but it also implicated the NFL? Why wouldn't you find one page in 243 to put it on?

This isn't meant to say Brady or the Past didn't do anything wrong. Just opening up a debate that isn't over run by opinion I hope?
We don't know the exact answers, nor the questions asked of anyone interviewed. And we probably never will. There are a lot of details of the investigation that we will never have access to. As long as Brady's lawyers/team lawyers have access to it all there is no foul play. The summary is all that is warranted and all that should be put out for the public. There is no way you get anyone to cooperate in answering questions if they know every word will go out to the public. Brady doesn't want that. The team shouldn't want that. The league doesn't want that. It helps no one. It's a witch hunt by fans desperately trying to grasp at straws to defend their faith.
What I still need clarification on is first, did anyone from the Pats organization say that is how Wells posed the question? Or have we only heard that from Wells?
The burden is on YOU to show us where his team denies those claims. Without that they must be taken at face value. If they deny this is what happened then by all means put that out there. I've listened to both sides and have never claimed the report is automatically right on every detail.

Second doesn't it seem a little odd the way the report reads that the lawyer could pick and chose what was relevant? I guess Yee could've opened Brady's phone and said Mr. Wells no texts that deal with this investigation. we're done here. We cooperated.
And that is not what appears to have happened here. If we are to believe the report details Yee simply refused their request. Again, if you have statements by them to the contrary then offer them up, otherwise we are forced to believe they are not denying that part of the report so it is true.

Third if Yee turned over "X" number of messages who would believe he didn't just avoid sending others that could be incriminating?
That is why refusing to turn over any at all is so outrageous really. It was almost a ridiculous request to start with given it would be super easy to still hide stuff and yet they refuse it anyway? I'd much rather have people question if things were intentionally withheld than looking like we have something to cover up when the most friendly request in the history of investigations was flat out refused. It really really looks bad to do that.

This was a no win for Brady. Even though others like to bring up the "what if" Brady had said in a text drop the pressure to the legal limit. Really? That's what they are banking on? Thye make it sound like Brady should've texted something like that at some point. Why and big deal if he didn't.
I have no idea what Wells expected to accomplish with this request. To say Brady had nothing to gain ignores the outcome of not complying. He literally lost everything not cooperating. What more would he have lost if he had? Only way it would have been worse is if he really did have smoking guns on his phone and gave it over to them, which smart people wouldn't do. Thus this is a better outcome and is why everyone assumes he didn't cooperate. There is no other reasonable conclusion.

The whole phone/text thing has been beaten to death. Until you prove otherwise, the Wells group only asked for a list of communications and not the actual private phone so all of this continued misrepresentation just makes you all look more and more foolish and like blind homers.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he farting out flammable PED's?

No, he's laughing at your hero's statue that's going up in front of G-I wish I didn't get caught cheating stadium...
Hey look, a bamboozle head....
canvas_zpsm2ph4773.png
canvas_zpscg3dcjnr.png

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's laughing at your hero's statue that's going up in front of G-I wish I didn't get caught cheating stadium...
canvas_zpsm2ph4773.png
canvas_zpscg3dcjnr.png
wait, ray lewis is laughing at brady in that statue?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
canvas_zpsm2ph4773.png
canvas_zpscg3dcjnr.png
did montana have rice wear that stickum for his career in SF, or did jerry do it on his own?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will never know what bradys phone records show cause he never turned them over .. so thats a moot point

and again you dont get my point .. its not our damn business
That's because your point is moot. A report was made public. I'm part of the public. It is now my business if I choose to have interest in it. No I don't have to see everything. Just the facts. It's not about what is or was on his phone. It's about the supposed evidence that Wells claims he has that's not in that report.

Riddle me this? If Brady's lawyer was able to sift through all the messages do you think you would know then?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, ray lewis is laughing at brady in that statue?

Everybody is laughing at Brady, dogs, cats, birds and bees....He and your team ia the laughing stock of the NFL...
If you come out from under that rock, you might have known that already, Goober....
Cheatriots system; :pound::pound::pound:
91682223-867e-4457-ab03-88d5f2708af2_zpsgwzonris.jpg

A proud organization......:L

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is laughing at Brady, dogs, cats, birds and bees....He and your team ia the laughing stock of the NFL...
If you come out from under that rock, you might have known that already, Goober....
Cheatriots system; :pound::pound::pound:
91682223-867e-4457-ab03-88d5f2708af2_zpsgwzonris.jpg
so the statue is laughing?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know the exact answers, nor the questions asked of anyone interviewed. And we probably never will. There are a lot of details of the investigation that we will never have access to. As long as Brady's lawyers/team lawyers have access to it all there is no foul play. The summary is all that is warranted and all that should be put out for the public. There is no way you get anyone to cooperate in answering questions if they know every word will go out to the public. Brady doesn't want that. The team shouldn't want that. The league doesn't want that. It helps no one. It's a witch hunt by fans desperately trying to grasp at straws to defend their faith.

The burden is on YOU to show us where his team denies those claims. Without that they must be taken at face value. If they deny this is what happened then by all means put that out there. I've listened to both sides and have never claimed the report is automatically right on every detail.

And that is not what appears to have happened here. If we are to believe the report details Yee simply refused their request. Again, if you have statements by them to the contrary then offer them up, otherwise we are forced to believe they are not denying that part of the report so it is true.

That is why refusing to turn over any at all is so outrageous really. It was almost a ridiculous request to start with given it would be super easy to still hide stuff and yet they refuse it anyway? I'd much rather have people question if things were intentionally withheld than looking like we have something to cover up when the most friendly request in the history of investigations was flat out refused. It really really looks bad to do that.

I have no idea what Wells expected to accomplish with this request. To say Brady had nothing to gain ignores the outcome of not complying. He literally lost everything not cooperating. What more would he have lost if he had? Only way it would have been worse is if he really did have smoking guns on his phone and gave it over to them, which smart people wouldn't do. Thus this is a better outcome and is why everyone assumes he didn't cooperate. There is no other reasonable conclusion.

The whole phone/text thing has been beaten to death. Until you prove otherwise, the Wells group only asked for a list of communications and not the actual private phone so all of this continued misrepresentation just makes you all look more and more foolish and like blind homers.

You pretty much summed this whole page in your first few sentences' "We don't know the exact answers, nor the questions asked of anyone interviewed. And we probably never will. There are a lot of details of the investigation that we will never have access to".

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing baltimore has a fire farting statue that is laughing at tom brady.

how nice of baltimore to honor brady with a laughing statue.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because your point is moot. A report was made public. I'm part of the public. It is now my business if I choose to have interest in it. No I don't have to see everything. Just the facts. It's not about what is or was on his phone. It's about the supposed evidence that Wells claims he has that's not in that report.

Riddle me this? If Brady's lawyer was able to sift through all the messages do you think you would know then?
yes indeed .. not giving any info is a smoking gun it looks like he has something to hide .. he doesnt look like a man that is innocent with nothing to hide at this point ,,, especially with the texts from the equipment guys .. get real man your idol is human and fucked up but he needs to man up now and be honest and accept his punishment like a real man and move forward in life here

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes indeed .. not giving any info is a smoking gun it looks like he has something to hide .. he doesnt look like a man that is innocent with nothing to hide at this point ,,, especially with the texts from the equipment guys .. get real man your idol is human and fucked up but he needs to man up now and be honest and accept his punishment like a real man and move forward in life here

That's where you're mistaken. I haven't been defending Brady. Check my posts. I've been arguing the process. I've said countless times I think Brady is guilty of something.

But what you keep avoiding is what got us started here. Wells is claiming he has the smoking gun.

My very simple question is why didn't he put it in the report then? This is the same question as why didn't Brady turn over the phone to "prove he's innocent if he had nothing to hide"? So don't come back with it's none of our business.

Why isn't the smoking gun evidence in the report?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where you're mistaken. I haven't been defending Brady. Check my posts. I've been arguing the process. I've said countless times I think Brady is guilty of something.

But what you keep avoiding is what got us started here. Wells is claiming he has the smoking gun.

My very simple question is why didn't he put it in the report then? This is the same question as why didn't Brady turn over the phone to "prove he's innocent if he had nothing to hide"? So don't come back with it's none of our business.

Why isn't the smoking gun evidence in the report?
it very well may be in the report that they gave to the nfl .. but not released by the nfl for what ever reason because its their business not ours

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it very well may be in the report that they gave to the nfl .. but not released by the nfl for what ever reason because its their business not ours
Ok dead horse beaten, killed, sent to the glue factory. Stay tuned.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh...

However on July 26, 2012, Vilma and seven witnesses from the Saints testified in front of a federal judge in New Orleans that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell got his facts wrong in the bounty scandal."Everybody was sworn in under oath in front of a judge with the risk of perjury and jail time if we were lying, and categorically denied there was a bounty," Vilma said in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder. "Seven people testified, 2 sworn affidavits (one by Drew Brees) all saying the same thing. I ask that you and ESPN report the facts. No more bias or b.s. or hearsay. I gave you facts that you can report if so choose."Tulane University Sports Law Program Director Gabe Feldman (who attended the hearing in court) said, "Clearly the judge, by her questions, indicated she thinks Goodell overstepped his authority, and this case was always going to be about if he executed his power fairly... The NFL's retort is that with all due deference, you don't get to second guess (commissioner Roger Goodell). Judges only have limited jurisdiction over arbitration issues."

Roger Goodell=Incompetent boob. Everyone knows this.

Last edited:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Brady/Pats lawyers are going to carve the NFL up.

Roger Goodell=Incompetent boob. Everyone knows this.
"but but but they cant go to court!"

hammer needs to have people submit to brain stem verification tests before they can post here.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you work off your own assumptions in dismissing what direct words were given in this case and continue to dismiss them?

No one asked him to 'give the NFL their personal property' and no matter how many times you say otherwise it's just not going to magically be true. There is a MAJOR difference in asking for a phone so they can dig through it, and asking him to have his own attorney sift through and simply send them a list of communications that covered these events. I'm really not sure why you guys keep saying the one when all indications are it was the other.

Show me the subpoena and then you can have what you want. Otherwise, no dice.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can agree to disagree then? Because you don't seem to get my main point. Which I would have to say the majority of people interested in this case would've preferred a single piec of paper from Wells that said.
Brady caught on tape, Brady phone records show, tweedle dee and dumb said Brady made us do it...
No instead 243 pages of speculation is much better and thus the resaon we're still talking about this.

Right. Because Wells HAS direct evidence. He just decided not to put it in the report. All good lawyers toss out their best evidence.