• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's To Blame

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a man after my own heart. A big chunk of my job is writing so yes keeping things concise is not an option. Keep up the good work man. Also what are the names of the books? Always looking for something new to read! Especially during this down time.

My first book is, "I KNOW". I wrote it in 69 days and published it my self including having 50mcopes printed.

My second is "INVEST IT" an honest sequel to I KNOW that sits on my computer,finished but not published.

My third is, "THE NEIGHBOR" that was published by Authorhouse last October. They never edited it and printed it with spelling errors and grammatical errors.

The first three are criminal mysteries.

I'm writing a totally different genre' now. I've named this one, "WHEN WAS YESTERDAY?" It's a fantasy military novel. So far it's 77 chapters, 105,000 words. I've reread and edited every completed page. Here's a clue as to a small piece....Imagine, if you will, a U.S. Marine sniper and his spotter being assigned a mission in SE Asia. They find a thousand-year-old hidden temple. The temple is laced with tunnels. They explore a tunnel and exit the temple only to find themselves facing a platoon of World War II Japanese soldiers.

Think fo the possibilities and the dilemma of being young men in 2018 having the everyday technical knowledge and the historical knowledge and being sent back seventy-five years.

I honestly believe that the book I'm working on will be well worth the time to read. If I can ever find a decent publisher.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first book is, "I KNOW". I wrote it in 69 days and published it my self including having 50mcopes printed.

My second is "INVEST IT" an honest sequel to I KNOW that sits on my computer,finished but not published.

My third is, "THE NEIGHBOR" that was published by Authorhouse last October. They never edited it and printed it with spelling errors and grammatical errors.

The first three are criminal mysteries.

I'm writing a totally different genre' now. I've named this one, "WHEN WAS YESTERDAY?" It's a fantasy military novel. So far it's 77 chapters, 105,000 words. I've reread and edited every completed page. Here's a clue as to a small piece....Imagine, if you will, a U.S. Marine sniper and his spotter being assigned a mission in SE Asia. They find a thousand-year-old hidden temple. The temple is laced with tunnels. They explore a tunnel and exit the temple only to find themselves facing a platoon of World War II Japanese soldiers.

Think fo the possibilities and the dilemma of being young men in 2018 having the everyday technical knowledge and the historical knowledge and being sent back seventy-five years.

I honestly believe that the book I'm working on will be well worth the time to read. If I can ever find a decent publisher.
I think you'd have a line around the block for any of those books. Of course it's because of the shortage of toilet paper, but the line would be there.

(That was too easy :) )

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was just tired of throwing to a bunch of slow white dudes. He cares about stats. If you aren't going to win the SB you might as well throw for a bunch of yards and TDs. Should be interesting for both the Patriots and Brady

Wecome to the Hoop. (anyways)

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back, I had thought the whole selling of the house, the TB12 Guru Alex Guerrero Moving, the non franchise clause in the 1 year extension was all smoke and mirrors to create drama for the press. Now I think it was wishful thinking on my part, and that the plan all along for Tom was that he was done.

But, maybe not. Maybe he was unsure. Just an idea, but maybe he had doubts that he could beat out Stidham in training camp. Maybe his arm, vision, post multi sack game recovery time...etc, etc...is not what it used to be and he had doubts that he could hold of a young gun that has some ability and decided to bolt for a team that he could hype into guaranteeing him the starting job, without pressure from behind.

McCourty and Gilmore are both saying he's a great QB with Gilmore saying he made them better.

So...Just a thought.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just blame BB and Kraft for not having the team "set up" when Brady left... Its early I know but to me it doesn't seem like they had a plan in place. Started in 2017 and certainly didn't help with no TE after Gronk

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just blame BB and Kraft for not having the team "set up" when Brady left... Its early I know but to me it doesn't seem like they had a plan in place. Started in 2017 and certainly didn't help with no TE after Gronk
You'll have to wait a year to make that call unless you are comparing the Pats to only the past Pats and not the entire league. If they are above .500 then that's not exactly not "set up".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meh

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to wait a year to make that call unless you are comparing the Pats to only the past Pats and not the entire league. If they are above .500 then that's not exactly not "set up".

Yes the Bill's and Phins improved but even the current Pat's can go .500

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty, I think BB does what he can to keep his present team as close to the same every year. It's been pure luck that he's been able to stay as competitive as the team has been for nineteen years.

They didn't win the Super Bowl from 2004 until 2014, but during those ten years, they were in the hunt and lost two Suoer Bowls to the Giants.

I can't fault him for having 14 players whose contracts all expired after the same year. Having the $22.5M of dead money is his fault but it was done to keep the team in the race. We all loved having Brady and not one person bitched about his #13.5M dead money until the threat of him leaving became real. The $8.5M Antonio Brown money was a question after he blew up his career but it nice having him here for two weeks.

I think that Gilmore and Cannon will be gone before or during the draft. This 2020 schedule will be tough and with so many new guys, there's no question that there will be growing pains. If Belichick and Mayo work the defense like it's been worked over the past twenty years, the second half of the season will be a huge improvement over the first. The offense will need to work out a lot of bugs but if McDaniels can make the right alterations for a new QB and somewhat simplify the passing game, this team could surprise everyone. That and there will be three wildcards............who knows?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I think BB does what he can to keep his present team as close to the same every year. It's been pure luck that he's been able to stay as competitive as the team has been for nineteen years.
You make your own luck and BB made a lot of the luck. Add in all the luck of a stable QB position, especially since it was the GOAT.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its that complicated.

Tom started to get an itch to play elsewhere. This ....and a nagging wife, probably made him realize something had to change. Once you put an idea in your head, you just roll with it, until you can actualise it into reality.

I wish he had stayed with the Pats, but if he is happier elsewhere than I wish him all the best.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its that complicated.

Tom started to get an itch to play elsewhere. This ....and a nagging wife, probably made him realize something had to change. Once you put an idea in your head, you just roll with it, until you can actualise it into reality.

I wish he had stayed with the Pats, but if he is happier elsewhere than I wish him all the best.

Why do you say Nagging Wife?
Kids are still enrolled to go to school up north the talking heads mentioned yesterday.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this like I would anyone moving to a new job. In this day, there are very few people who can stay in one job in the same location for five years, let alone 20. We Patriots fans have been blessed with a guy who was willing to do anything to get those rings. Then he turned 40. If you haven't reached 40, you can't understand the the mental tick that's associated with it. If you have a memory, Giselle wanted him to quit three years ago and he was able to convince her to let him keep playing.

Now he's 43 and his skills are not as sharp as they were in 2017. He's never been fleet of foot and if you remember, they actually celebrated him finally reaching 1000 yards rushing after 18.5 years. He's going to much less disciplined team and much more competitive division. You think that New Orleans, Carolina and Atlanta are going to tell their defenses to "take it easy" on Brady? The Saints are going to be looking to bury his ass.

Who's to blame? Nobody. Brady wanted more say in the team operations and personnel. Belichick was not going to have a player dictate any of that. Once a player gets that kind of say in an organization, then he'll control as much of it as he can take. In Tampa, Brady is already exerting his new found authority. Tampa Bay has been moved up from 17th on the NFL Power Grid to 5th. One player can move a team up 12 positions of power?

If you own a company or manage a company, you want employees would want to be there and are will to put in the effort to make the company successful. Every person gets an opportunity to move on for a better job, more money or better benefits and as a manager, you expect that. It was time for Brady to move on.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say Nagging Wife?
Kids are still enrolled to go to school up north the talking heads mentioned yesterday.
I'm referring to his Howard Stern radio show visit where he said he was having problems with his wife for putting too much time into football. Its strange Giselle didn't complain when she was still modeling. :scratch:

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this like I would anyone moving to a new job. In this day, there are very few people who can stay in one job in the same location for five years, let alone 20. We Patriots fans have been blessed with a guy who was willing to do anything to get those rings. Then he turned 40. If you haven't reached 40, you can't understand the the mental tick that's associated with it. If you have a memory, Giselle wanted him to quit three years ago and he was able to convince her to let him keep playing.

Now he's 43 and his skills are not as sharp as they were in 2017. He's never been fleet of foot and if you remember, they actually celebrated him finally reaching 1000 yards rushing after 18.5 years. He's going to much less disciplined team and much more competitive division. You think that New Orleans, Carolina and Atlanta are going to tell their defenses to "take it easy" on Brady? The Saints are going to be looking to bury his ass.

Who's to blame? Nobody. Brady wanted more say in the team operations and personnel. Belichick was not going to have a player dictate any of that. Once a player gets that kind of say in an organization, then he'll control as much of it as he can take. In Tampa, Brady is already exerting his new found authority. Tampa Bay has been moved up from 17th on the NFL Power Grid to 5th. One player can move a team up 12 positions of power?

If you own a company or manage a company, you want employees would want to be there and are will to put in the effort to make the company successful. Every person gets an opportunity to move on for a better job, more money or better benefits and as a manager, you expect that. It was time for Brady to move on.
Never fail BKen!!! This is a well thought out post!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giselle - That Bi&ch!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Bean nd Phil Perry had a great discussion last night. It was "Who's to blame?"

Bean outright blames the Krafts. His arguments are really hard to ignore. He said it started back in 2002 when Myra Kraft made Bob step in and keep Bill Belichick from signing and trading for guys who were of "questionable" character. In other words, the were not Jewish sympathizers. Some had made statements against Israel and the Krafts would not consider them at all. The first of many hurdles that Belichick would have to deal with. When she passed away, her thumb on hubby Bob was still applying pressure and that's when Johnathan decided to start pushing his father out of a marriage that no longer existed. The Patriots started the turnaround in 2013.

Now this is where today and what's happening all got started. BB had a deal with the 49ers to trade Tom Brady. Everything was in place and Johnathan couldn't stop his father from sticking his foot in the door. Bob Kraft refused to allow BB to trade Brady and made him trade JG to San Francisco. Belichick sold him cheap but Kraft was happy. Before the 2018 season, Belichick had another deal in place and was ready to pull the trigger and Brady went to Kraft and Kraft syuck his foot in the door again. BB was going to trade Rob Gronkowski to the Detroit Lions for a 2nd round pick and an unknown player who many believe was Golden Tate. Gronk retired after the 2018 season because he didn't want to play for any other QB than his friend, TB12. Supposedly, his body ws too beaten up to continue playing.

Here we are in 2020 and BB finally dug his heels in and told Kraft that Brady didn't want to play in NE anymore and he hadn't been a full member of the team for the previous two years and he (BB) did not want to deal with the off season BS of not having him around to practice and them blaming everyone else for not being on "his" same page. Again, Johnathan was in agreement and told his father that it wasn't working and to let him go.

Tom Brady went to the only team other than the Patriots who were at all interested in signing him. This worked out perfectly because Brady will not face the Patriots in 2020 or 2021. Unless they meet in the Super Bowl. Brady and Gronk had a conversation in February, before TB signed with the Bucs and Gronk told him that he'd comeback and play if Tom signed with another team. He'd consider playing for the Patriots to close out Brady's career, but he wasn't excited about it. Brady got Gronk to pressure BB and make him decide whether to cut or trade players on the cheap and let Gronk come back or trade his rights. Gronk is 45 lbs below his playing weight of 275 and BB knows that he wasn't coming back to the Patriots without Brady and put that kind of effort into being ready for a season with Jared Stidham. BB traded him.

Perry couldn't argue much against Bean's assessment of what history the Patriots had and how Kraft was the person who is actually the guy that has put th Patriots in the spot that they are today. Would they have beaten the Rams? Could they have beaten the Chiefs twice to be in two Super Bowls? Those questions can be argued but never answered. But know this........................

If BB had traded TB then JG would be the QB and Antonio Brown would never have been signed. Bradey's $13.5M and Brown's $8.5M cap hits, wouldn't be hanging around the Patriot's neck. Think that Thuney would be signed to a long term contract and things would be a hell of a lot different.

IF Kraft had not interfered.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish TB and Gronk well in their new digs. It will be interesting to see how much they have left in the tank.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Bean nd Phil Perry had a great discussion last night. It was "Who's to blame?"

Bean outright blames the Krafts. His arguments are really hard to ignore. He said it started back in 2002 when Myra Kraft made Bob step in and keep Bill Belichick from signing and trading for guys who were of "questionable" character. In other words, the were not Jewish sympathizers. Some had made statements against Israel and the Krafts would not consider them at all. The first of many hurdles that Belichick would have to deal with. When she passed away, her thumb on hubby Bob was still applying pressure and that's when Johnathan decided to start pushing his father out of a marriage that no longer existed. The Patriots started the turnaround in 2013.

Now this is where today and what's happening all got started. BB had a deal with the 49ers to trade Tom Brady. Everything was in place and Johnathan couldn't stop his father from sticking his foot in the door. Bob Kraft refused to allow BB to trade Brady and made him trade JG to San Francisco. Belichick sold him cheap but Kraft was happy. Before the 2018 season, Belichick had another deal in place and was ready to pull the trigger and Brady went to Kraft and Kraft syuck his foot in the door again. BB was going to trade Rob Gronkowski to the Detroit Lions for a 2nd round pick and an unknown player who many believe was Golden Tate. Gronk retired after the 2018 season because he didn't want to play for any other QB than his friend, TB12. Supposedly, his body ws too beaten up to continue playing.

Here we are in 2020 and BB finally dug his heels in and told Kraft that Brady didn't want to play in NE anymore and he hadn't been a full member of the team for the previous two years and he (BB) did not want to deal with the off season BS of not having him around to practice and them blaming everyone else for not being on "his" same page. Again, Johnathan was in agreement and told his father that it wasn't working and to let him go.

Tom Brady went to the only team other than the Patriots who were at all interested in signing him. This worked out perfectly because Brady will not face the Patriots in 2020 or 2021. Unless they meet in the Super Bowl. Brady and Gronk had a conversation in February, before TB signed with the Bucs and Gronk told him that he'd comeback and play if Tom signed with another team. He'd consider playing for the Patriots to close out Brady's career, but he wasn't excited about it. Brady got Gronk to pressure BB and make him decide whether to cut or trade players on the cheap and let Gronk come back or trade his rights. Gronk is 45 lbs below his playing weight of 275 and BB knows that he wasn't coming back to the Patriots without Brady and put that kind of effort into being ready for a season with Jared Stidham. BB traded him.

Perry couldn't argue much against Bean's assessment of what history the Patriots had and how Kraft was the person who is actually the guy that has put th Patriots in the spot that they are today. Would they have beaten the Rams? Could they have beaten the Chiefs twice to be in two Super Bowls? Those questions can be argued but never answered. But know this........................

If BB had traded TB then JG would be the QB and Antonio Brown would never have been signed. Bradey's $13.5M and Brown's $8.5M cap hits, wouldn't be hanging around the Patriot's neck. Think that Thuney would be signed to a long term contract and things would be a hell of a lot different.

IF Kraft had not interfered.
I realize I started this thread but I can't believe anybody is still discussing who's to blame for 6 SB tiles, 9 SB appearances, 14 AFCCG appearances and 17 playoff appearances...

Regardless of who's at fault for Brady leaving or even Gronks's comeback, it's all a byproduct of years of unprecedented winning. Change anything leading up to the fallout and the winning "culture" probably never would have been.