• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter: Source says Bradys legal team is so good "= Won't miss a game."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Brady hires Kessler, a thorn in the NFL's side | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Report: Brady hires Kessler, a thorn in the NFL's side

May 12, 2015, 5:45 pm

Jeffrey Kessler will help make up Tom Brady's legal team, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, which may not be great news for the NFL.

Schefter told Colin Cowherd Tuesday that he received a text from "somebody connected to the [Deflategate] story in some way" stating: "Brady's team is unreal I guess . . . Talented, big-name lawyers. Yee, Kessler, etc. Prediction = Won't miss a game."

It's been long known that Brady's agent Don Yee would help defend his client as Brady continues to wade through the aftermath of the Wells Report's release. Yee has been on the offensive since last week.

Kessler is a new addition, but his name is one that's well-known in NFL circles. He served as outside counsel to the NFLPA last year during the appeal of the NFL's indefinite suspension of Ray Rice. Twenty years ago he helped establish free agency in the NFL by winning the Freeman McNeil case and settling the Reggie White case that focused on restrictions of player movement.

The lawyer who represented Patriots coach Bill Belichick back in 2000, when Belichick sued the NFL and the New York Jets in federal court to free himself from his contract with the Jets? That was Kessler, too.

It's a high-profile addition for Brady as he prepares to appeal the four-game suspension he was handed on Monday -- one with a record of some pretty significant wins when it comes to battles with the league.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not naive enough to think he won't miss any time, figuring they halve it. What I want to hear is to put on record all the flaws in the report.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A millionaire with good lawyers

Bet he has a nice car too

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not naive enough to think he won't miss any time, figuring they halve it. What I want to hear is to put on record all the flaws in the report.
yeah, i highly doubt this all gets wiped away...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witness recounts man chasing bear with hatchet
By Marty KasperPublished: May 12, 2015, 11:10 pm Updated: May 12, 2015, 11:22 pm

NORTH ADAMS, Mass. (NEWS10) – The North Adams Police Department is urging everyone not to chase bears through the woods with a dull hatchet, especially if you’ve been drinking.

It was in a quiet, remote North Adams neighborhood that a bear was seen by a man living in an apartment complex. Police said he grabbed a hatchet out of his car and began chasing the bear.

Richard Winters was playing basketball with his fiancée Monday evening. He said bears are rarely seen in the area, but then he heard something.

“We heard a bunch of screaming out by the field,” he said. “That’s when I looked over and there was bear running through the field.”

At that moment, police said his neighbor, 61-year-old Brad Carpenter, grabbed a dull hatchet out of his car and took off towards the bear yelling at it.

“Everybody was telling him to stay away,” Winters said.

But with kids practicing in a nearby baseball field, Carpenter pushed on.

“He was more concerned about keeping the bear away from the kids kind of scaring it off,” Winters said.

After the bear made its way down the field, witnesses said they saw Carpenter chasing and yelling at it. He was forcing it away from the baseball field and the children.

Winters followed Carpenter to make sure he stayed safe.

“I wanted to go inside, but at the same time, I saw an old man walking over by himself, so I didn’t want something to happen to him,” he said.

Winters said the bear disappeared into the woods and paid no mind to Carpenter.

“He really didn’t seem too intimidated by the old man,” Winters said.

When police arrived, they said Carpenter was drunk. Carpenter was taken into police protective custody and later released.

Police and Winters are warning people to stay away from bears and leave them alone.

Police have not charged Carpenter, yet, but charges could be pending. They warn people to pick up any food left outside, lock trash cans and take down bird feeders.

Share this:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will get cut down to 2 games but there is no way Brady doesn't sit out...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Brady just loves the game"

"Kraft saved football"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witness recounts man chasing bear with hatchet
By Marty KasperPublished: May 12, 2015, 11:10 pm Updated: May 12, 2015, 11:22 pm

NORTH ADAMS, Mass. (NEWS10) – The North Adams Police Department is urging everyone not to chase bears through the woods with a dull hatchet, especially if you’ve been drinking.

It was in a quiet, remote North Adams neighborhood that a bear was seen by a man living in an apartment complex. Police said he grabbed a hatchet out of his car and began chasing the bear.

Richard Winters was playing basketball with his fiancée Monday evening. He said bears are rarely seen in the area, but then he heard something.

“We heard a bunch of screaming out by the field,” he said. “That’s when I looked over and there was bear running through the field.”

At that moment, police said his neighbor, 61-year-old Brad Carpenter, grabbed a dull hatchet out of his car and took off towards the bear yelling at it.

“Everybody was telling him to stay away,” Winters said.

But with kids practicing in a nearby baseball field, Carpenter pushed on.

“He was more concerned about keeping the bear away from the kids kind of scaring it off,” Winters said.

After the bear made its way down the field, witnesses said they saw Carpenter chasing and yelling at it. He was forcing it away from the baseball field and the children.

Winters followed Carpenter to make sure he stayed safe.

“I wanted to go inside, but at the same time, I saw an old man walking over by himself, so I didn’t want something to happen to him,” he said.

Winters said the bear disappeared into the woods and paid no mind to Carpenter.

“He really didn’t seem too intimidated by the old man,” Winters said.

When police arrived, they said Carpenter was drunk. Carpenter was taken into police protective custody and later released.

Police and Winters are warning people to stay away from bears and leave them alone.

Police have not charged Carpenter, yet, but charges could be pending. They warn people to pick up any food left outside, lock trash cans and take down bird feeders.

Share this:

"The bear paid no mind to Carpenter. He didn't seem intimidated by the old man."

LOL

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the OJ of the modern NFL now?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the OJ of the modern NFL now?
no, he didnt kill anyone but defenses.

its gonna be a really interesting summer...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And balls. He killed balls. Or should we say ballsssssssss.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing new cheaters win just look at 4 sb !!!!!! no matter what tom cheater brady is a lifer and the pats will have to wear it forever .

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, true. I meant this whole Deflategate thing, though. It's not interesting in the least.
it isnt an NFL offseason without a legal battle.