• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter: Source says Bradys legal team is so good "= Won't miss a game."

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he ever give his phone to the NFL? Why would anyone voluntarily give their phone to anyone for examination? Don't you believe in privacy and personal property? What country do you think this is?

Also, aren't the texts sent by Brady already on the phones of the team employees they studied?

Shannon Sharper gave his phone over when that woman accused him of r*pe. His phone was one of the big reasons he was completely cleared of it because he had all kinds of crazy texts from that woman. Sharpe said he had his lawyer protect other personal information that wasn't relevant to the accusation. So I'm not sure why Brady couldn't do the same thing unless.......?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannon Sharper gave his phone over when that woman accused him of r*pe. His phone was one of the big reasons he was completely cleared of it because he had all kinds of crazy texts from that woman. Sharpe said he had his lawyer protect other personal information that wasn't relevant to the accusation. So I'm not sure why Brady couldn't do the same thing unless.......?

Not sure, I don't think we have been given the entire story from either side on what actually happened.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brady's defense is going to be the Wells report is BS, but still will refuse to release any text messages or emails between those involved?

Nice. Good luck with that.
If somehow Brady's lawyers get him off and he isn't suspended is that better or worse for his reputation? I think it's worse. Outside of Pats fans most people really think there is little doubt he was involved. If he comes along with his half billion dollar chequing account and OJ Simpson style "dream team" of Lawyers and get's off will the public buy it? Not likely.

Of course it helps his reputations. Your reasoning just shows why the help might not be that great.

What would really help would be if somebody could win a defamation suit over this, or if Kraft could find a way to sue the league that wouldn't be thrown out due to franchise agreement provisions limiting such suits. Both of those have high legal barriers to overcome, however.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's wishful thinking this time Reds, the NFL has more incriminating evidence than what was in the Wells report that directly connects Brady to the act....
It looks like they didn't want to make it sound as bad as it really was for the sake of the game....
Just think for a moment why, the team lost draft picks and 1 mil fine, when the report did not implicate them as a perpetrator......
Why Tom wouldn't give up the text messaging and the team would not let one of the ball boys be questioned a second time after the texts came out....
It's dirty, man, no doubt about it.....And a fancy lawyer can't overrule the leagues right to exercise their own rules and regulations as they are structured and agreed upon by the owners and players....
It's the old, create a big stink and hope they get tired of smelling it before we do theory....IMO :nod:

Then why did the league "clear" the Patriots only to fine them? The Wells Report cleared them... no? I am not trying to defend Brady here at all but this isn't a traditional court and I am not sure I would have turned over my phone either if I were in Brady's shoes. I am not so sure I could trust the league with my phone. Granted if you truly have nothing to hide you should turn it over but this isn't a legal institution like the court system. Also, I am sure he has dirty pictures of Giselle on there... I wouldn't want those leaked if I were him (personally since I am not I so do! but you get the idea) :)

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And should the league lose yet again what say you?

I didn't think much was gonna come of it to begin with, but once that report came out and all of texts and refusal to cooperate, I knew it wasn't gonna be good for them....
Now, their position has been made clear and they are not backing off, their reputation (and of course you know that is their billionaire livelihood ) is on the line....
I have learned over the years that No Player is bigger than the game, so I say given the magnitude of the impact this will have on the game itself, they aren't gonna cave on this one....:nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think much was gonna come of it to begin with, but once that report came out and all of texts and refusal to cooperate, I knew it wasn't gonna be good for them....
Now, their position has been made clear and they are not backing off, their reputation (and of course you know that is their billionaire livelihood ) is on the line....
I have learned over the years that No Player is bigger than the game, so I say given the magnitude of the impact this will have on the game itself, they aren't gonna cave on this one....:nod:

Why would they cave on a case that is full of holes and will likely crumble in front of an actual neutral person? Brady and the NFLPA didn't hire the big guns to cave.

Where I would like to be is a fly on the wall at next weeks meetings of the owners. I'm betting it will be epic. Several reports out that Kraft is beyond angry.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they cave on a case that is full of holes and will likely crumble in front of an actual neutral person? Brady and the NFLPA didn't hire the big guns to cave.

Where I would like to be is a fly on the wall at next weeks meetings of the owners. I'm betting it will be epic. Several reports out that Kraft is beyond angry.
who cares if kraft is po'd .. gigga please

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares if kraft is po'd .. gigga please

The other owners when they meet next week. :nod:

Keep in mind Kraft isn't just any owner. He is the guy that broke the player owner contract stalemate.

He's the owner that has negotiated the lucrative tv deals. (He happens to have some negotiations coming up with I believe CBS, someone can check on that, and it's to take place with Goodell by his side. Wonder how that is going to go.)

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other owners when they meet next week. :nod:

Keep in mind Kraft isn't just any owner. He is the guy that broke the player owner contract stalemate.

He's the owner that has negotiated the lucrative tv deals. (He happens to have some negotiations coming up with I believe CBS, someone can check on that, and it's to take place with Goodell by his side. Wonder how that is going to go.)
so!!!!!! he still needs to man up and take his lumps

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Brady hired this guy too

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the league "clear" the Patriots only to fine them? The Wells Report cleared them... no? I am not trying to defend Brady here at all but this isn't a traditional court and I am not sure I would have turned over my phone either if I were in Brady's shoes. I am not so sure I could trust the league with my phone. Granted if you truly have nothing to hide you should turn it over but this isn't a legal institution like the court system. Also, I am sure he has dirty pictures of Giselle on there... I wouldn't want those leaked if I were him (personally since I am not I so do! but you get the idea) :)

Wells already clarified that, they offered to let him submit the texts to the ball boys through his lawyer and he still refused...He's clearly covering for the others involved, which is cool that he's protecting them but also bad for him..
Hey man, we only know what they allow us to hear or read thru the media, they got the whole enchilada ...
And we are guessing !!!:noidea:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the guy asking to have access to his phone, put texts between one of the equipment guys and his Mom, in the report. For what reason, and why would you trust him?

Fuck all that. I wouldn't give my cell phone to my employer if they asked for it. I wouldn't give it to anyone, actually. I likened it to one of us walking into work tomorrow and the boss says you have to take a drug test. There's no way I'm taking it...but that doesn't mean I would fail if I did.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wells already clarified that, they offered to let him submit the texts to the ball boys through his lawyer and he still refused...He's clearly covering for the others involved, which is cool that he's protecting them but also bad for him..
Hey man, we only know what they allow us to hear or read thru the media, they got the whole enchilada ...
And we are guessing !!!:noidea:

You realize that's in dispute right? Why don't we just let it play out and see what really happened once the light is shined on the whole thing?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup the other owners are gonna set him straight for sure

I doubt it actually because of the reasons I listed earlier. He isn't an average owner, and his dealings have made them billions, and they know it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck all that. I wouldn't give my cell phone to my employer if they asked for it. I wouldn't give it to anyone, actually. I likened it to one of us walking into work tomorrow and the boss says you have to take a drug test. There's no way I'm taking it...but that doesn't mean I would fail if I did.

I bet you would if you were accused of something serious and you had texts that proved you were innocent. Why wouldn't you hand your phone over in that instance?