• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday, July 20th conversation board: good guys versus prostate ticklers

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a fucking minute.....by being the one to extend the olive branch means you think you are the one in the right but copulating to the other party......fuck you sir, I'll extend the olive branch to you!

I hope this olive branch thing isn't a metaphor for you two touching each other dicks.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pig went 0-5 with 3 K's tonight. I knew he would fall back to Earth.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a fucking minute.....by being the one to extend the olive branch means you think you are the one in the right but copulating to the other party......fuck you sir, I'll extend the olive branch to you!

:clap: bravo, good sir! You are already in my warm graces! I forgot to respect my sportshoopla elders! It is a mistake that will never happen again!

Toast my friend:suds:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are well on our way to a .500 season. At least make it worth the while.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotten to the point to where I think it would be best if we just hold on to all of our prospects and not make any desperate moves. 1 or 2 guys won't turn this team around... we need to develop this team the right way. We've got a great young core already up and have a very good wave of prospects ready to join that core soon... I said it at the beginning of the year and I'll say it again now. I think we are a year away from competing. It's frustrating because we've had so many guys under perform and the bullpen issues have costed us easily 10+ wins.

The fact is, this team COULD'VE been 10+ games up on the rest of the division by now. Easily. We've had our chances and completely failed. We let every team in the division hang around... LA and SF look like stronger teams than us. I think we will finish 3rd in the West this year.

The good news is... we've still got a bright future (I know I hate hearing that every year) but eventually this team will click. I just don't think it'll be this year. Way too many things have gone wrong. I hope I eat crow and we end up turning this thing around... but right now things don't look too good for us this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotten to the point to where I think it would be best if we just held on to all of our prospects and not make any desperate moves. 1 or 2 guys won't turn this team around... we need to develop this team the right way. We've got a great young core already up and have a very good wave of prospects ready to join that core soon... I said it at the beginning of the year and I'll say it again now. I think we are a year away from competing. It's frustrating because we've had so many guys under perform and the bullpen issues have costed us easily 10+ wins.

The fact is, this team COULD'VE been 10+ games up on the rest of the division by now. Easily. We've had our chances and completely failed. We let every team in the division hang around... LA and SF look like stronger teams than us. I think we will finish 3rd in the West this year.

The good news is... we've still got a bright future (I know I hate hearing that every year) but eventually this team will click. I just don't think it'll be this year. Way too many things have gone wrong. I hope I eat crow and we end up turning this thing around... but right now things don't look too good for us this year.

You are probably right Sting, The only players that would really make us top division contenders now would cost us our future.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really need Pennington on this team? Why not allow Owings to be the backup middle infielder? I think we need to see if we have something special with him before dealing him.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sterling record has been tarnished by this teams inability to swing a bat! I will start tomorrow's thread but I will not be happy about it!

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really need Pennington on this team? Why not allow Owings to be the backup middle infielder? I think we need to see if we have something special with him before dealing him.

If we are really honest with ourselves, I think we would agree that Didi hasn't really absolutely claimed SS. And Hill isn't doing so amazing either.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, for a team that is somewhat in the "small market" category in terms of spending money we really need to start spending A LOT more wisely. The Ross and McCarthy contracts are both really frustrating... Also, trading Cahill for Parker (which I was wrong about with me being a former Cahill lover) will cost us in the long run. Parker has been dominant lately and Cahill is injured and was pitching like garbage before he hit the DL. I still like Cahill as a 4th starter... but his contract hits around 13-15 million per year soon. Ridiculous. The Montero extension is looking pretty bad now too. It looked questionable even when he was producing at a high level, now it just looks worse. We will be crippled money wise for the next 3-4 years with some pretty bad contracts. Let's hope KT can do something productive this offseason for christ's sake!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are really honest with ourselves, I think we would agree that Didi hasn't really absolutely claimed SS. And Hill isn't doing so amazing either.

I like Didi. I don'the will ever be more than a .275 hitter, but I like him. I'm more worried about Hill. He hasn't shown the same fire he had last season. I'm leaning towards wanting Owings to replace him.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is making great points tonight! I can't like these posts fast enough! You all are such swell people!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill will be fine. I'm not too concerned with him or Eaton just yet... too small of a sample size for me to start saying they should be replaced.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, for a team that is somewhat in the "small market" category in terms of spending money we really need to start spending A LOT more wisely. The Ross and McCarthy contracts are both really frustrating... Also, trading Cahill for Parker (which I was wrong about with me being a former Cahill lover) will cost us in the long run. Parker has been dominant lately and Cahill is injured and was pitching like garbage before he hit the DL. I still like Cahill as a 4th starter... but his contract hits around 13-15 million per year soon. Ridiculous. The Montero extension is looking pretty bad now too. It looked questionable even when he was producing at a high level, now it just looks worse. We will be crippled money wise for the next 3-4 years with some pretty bad contracts. Let's hope KT can do something productive this offseason for christ's sake!

Goddamn! This guy is so fucking right! No wonder he is part of the big three!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Management said that they would increase payroll, but I think they have done it in the wrong way. Some of the deals that they have made make me feel like they are spending money just to spend money.

That Parker deal is why I hate trading away young prospects before you really get a chance at seeing what they can do.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is making great points tonight! I can't like these posts fast enough! You all are such swell people!

Ok now you are just being too nice........ its freaking me out. :lol:

We are making some Suns Warrick like signings