• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday, July 20th conversation board: good guys versus prostate ticklers

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is starting to remind of the 2008 season. The d'backs were cruising along for most of that season leading the division but not really playing with any fire. Then the dodgers got Manny Ramirez and overtook the d'backs and won the division.

This year, the d'backs were playing real well and now have just completely collapsed and could possibly lose the division lead as soon as tomorrow. Yet this front office insists to not make any changes and instead looks for bargain players that they hope will help them, such as the signing of Shawn Camp. Camp has a 7.04 era this year in 26 games and was released by the cubs recently. So why the d'backs want to give this guy a chance makes no sense.

The d'backs should be looking for pitchers that have better era's than the players they already have, not worse ones.

Yep, in 2008 the Dbacks were content with their team and just kept waiting get hot (and it never happened after the first month of the season). They refused to do anything at the deadline until the Dodgers forced their hand with Many Ramirez. They allowed a team that was chasing them to dictate the moves that they made and it cost them.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is starting to remind of the 2008 season. The d'backs were cruising along for most of that season leading the division but not really playing with any fire. Then the dodgers got Manny Ramirez and overtook the d'backs and won the division.

This year, the d'backs were playing real well and now have just completely collapsed and could possibly lose the division lead as soon as tomorrow. Yet this front office insists to not make any changes and instead looks for bargain players that they hope will help them, such as the signing of Shawn Camp. Camp has a 7.04 era this year in 26 games and was released by the cubs recently. So why the d'backs want to give this guy a chance makes no sense.

The d'backs should be looking for pitchers that have better era's than the players they already have, not worse ones.

Im starting to think the DBacks management has decided its best to just ride this year out and hope for the best. Then ride our future prospects to the bank.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this team too well. Watch them gather some hits tomorrow and pull out a win. Then we will take 3 of 4 against the Cubs to only level out with another losing streak and when our back are against the wall we will win a few to only have the cycle repeat itself.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you guys a question though, If we lose tomorrow, do you guys think that changes managements mindset for the deadline at all?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of the kids, I extend the olive branch to driaz! This team will drive you to madness sometimes!

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you guys a question though, If we lose tomorrow, do you guys think that changes managements mindset for the deadline at all?
No because we play the Cubs next so they'll think that we can get back on track against them. But we will really falter once again once the schedule gets tougher. And if they make some moves I know KT will do something stupid that will screw up this season and the future.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would hope that it would make them pursue pitching help more aggressively and take a hard look at their minor league prospects (Davidson, Owings, etc) to help the offense.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of the kids, I extend the olive branch to driaz! This team will drive you to madness sometimes!

I liked this comment, we might not like each other all the time but we are all on the same side here.

P.S I love all of you all the time........no homo..... well a bit.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cubs series will give the organization (and probably us fans) false hope...and then it will be back to sucking and we'll be just as angry as we are right now.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this team too well. Watch them gather some hits tomorrow and pull out a win. Then we will take 3 of 4 against the Cubs to only level out with another losing streak and when our back are against the wall we will win a few to only have the cycle repeat itself.

Will the circle be unbroken?

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about to become a Cardinals fan since I don't want the Braves or Dodgers to win shit.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait a fucking minute.....by being the one to extend the olive branch means you think you are the one in the right but copulating to the other party......fuck you sir, I'll extend the olive branch to you!

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the team decided they aren't going to trade prospects they think will develop into good players but there are other things you can do. Like calling up those prospects and trade low end prospects for aging vets.

Just show your team you are trying, so they try on the field.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a fucking minute.....by being the one to extend the olive branch means you think you are the one in the right but copulating to the other party......fuck you sir, I'll extend the olive branch to you!

I reluctantly like this comment.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to think so! This team is in the midst of a bad Tom petty song! We need a catalyst for change, quick! I don't know if that comes via trade or bring up prospects, but something needs to happen sooner than later!

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish KT would grow some balls and just cut the guys who are playing like shit off. If they aren't helping the team than kick them off and call up someone who can and will help us.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think so! This team is in the midst of a bad Tom petty song! We need a catalyst for change, quick! I don't know if that comes via trade or bring up prospects, but something needs to happen sooner than later!
*Cough*Davidson*Cough*