• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hardball talk: Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thread today ends up discussing food...

Cauliflower is supposed to be good for your brain. Because it looks like brain. True story

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie Rose said "they're timing Colon with a sundial as he heads to second!"
Who wants to see slow runners?

Every team should use players are only for running the bases. No hitter should even have to run to first. Set up a cage behind the umpire where the designated runner is prepped to start running when the ball is hit.

No more Buster Posey, Yadier Molina or Bartolo Colon clogging up the base paths.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to see slow runners?

Every team should use players are only for running the bases. No hitter should even have to run to first. Set up a cage behind the umpire where the designated runner is prepped to start running when the ball is hit.

No more Buster Posey, Yadier Molina or Bartolo Colon clogging up the base paths.

I like it. It could be like a starting gate they use for horse racing. The gate is calibrated to the sound of the bat, so that when the ball hits the bat it opens.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. It could be like a starting gate they use for horse racing. The gate is calibrated to the sound of the bat, so that when the ball hits the bat it opens.
EXACTLY!!

And while we are at it, lets abolish the concept of the batting order. If I go to a Marlins game, I want to see Stanton and Gordon as many times as possible. Why not have Gordon lead off EVERY inning? Let's have Stanton hit third every time as well.

We can make this an exciting game eventually. We just need to work at it!