• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sanu to the Pats

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second round pick is steep but the Pats second round pick should come very late in that round.

Yeah thats the thing. A 2nd for the Pats is basically a 3rd

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colossal blunder. This could end up costing them for years to come

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for Sanu that he has a legit shot at a ring now. Good deal for both. He's a beast. Brady will love him and Sanu doesn't bring a bunch of drama bullshit with him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few times Pats have been ripped off. Sanu still helps, but he's nowhere NEAR worth a 2nd rounder, especially given the Falcons are done anyway. Makes me think BB and Brady are close to retirement and are just looking to win another before they head off into the sunset and the Patriots (probably) tank.

D grade Pats, A grade Falcons.

Pats fans will jump all over me on this. I'm sure BB will get the most out of Sanu (along with Brady), but it's a poor move value wise.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Sanu become good while I wasn't paying attention? :scratch:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both teams. Sanu is a quality receiver and a great blocker as well. He will flourish on a team like NE. Atlanta getting a 2 is great. The D needs so much help theyve got to add picks to address it

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF needs some wideouts, but I would be upset if they traded a second for Sanu….(hypothetical of course, since SF already traded their 2nd for Dee Ford....which was a great move by the 49ers)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF needs some wideouts, but I would be upset if they traded a second for Sanu….(hypothetical of course, since SF already traded their 2nd for Dee Ford....which was a great move by the 49ers)
SF gonna get Sanders for like a 4th and make this move look completely ridiculous.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both teams. Sanu is a quality receiver and a great blocker as well. He will flourish on a team like NE. Atlanta getting a 2 is great. The D needs so much help theyve got to add picks to address it

Bolded is an underrated part of his game. He seemingly plugs in perfectly to NE. Brady will love his sure-handedness and their fans will come around when they see how physical he plays and how he almost invites contact.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second round pick is steep but the Pats second round pick should come very late in that round. Also, the pats are expected to get 2 3rd round compensatory picks.

They needed WR help desperately. Gordon out. Dorsett is hurt. They know Sanu well. He played at Rutgers with several other patriot players currently on the roster from that same team. They have a shot to win it all. Gotta pay that price.

I disagree.
Help needed? Maybe, if Gordon's knee is worse than expected.

But yes, if they win it all, no one will remember the second round pick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few times Pats have been ripped off. Sanu still helps, but he's nowhere NEAR worth a 2nd rounder, especially given the Falcons are done anyway. Makes me think BB and Brady are close to retirement and are just looking to win another before they head off into the sunset and the Patriots (probably) tank.

D grade Pats, A grade Falcons.

Pats fans will jump all over me on this. I'm sure BB will get the most out of Sanu (along with Brady), but it's a poor move value wise.
Agree...with Jones and Ridley would think he was WR3 there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...with Jones and Ridley would think he was WR3 there.

Well.. and Jones is taking aware attention from everyone, Ridley is still getting attention, Ryan is not a BAD or AVERAGE QB (he's still above average). It's not like Sanu is having a tough time out there. Plus he's 30.

Again I get the acquisition, veteran receiver you can plug and play, insurance, but a 2nd rounder is too much. I'm grading it low all based on what they gave up.

And I get it, the Pats have tons of draft capital - it may not make a difference. Brady/Bill could stay on for 10 years, may not make a difference, but that doesn't influence the grade I'm giving SOLELY on this transaction.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@rmilia1 any chance your Falcons cough up Deion Jones and/or Trufant
Jones no. Trufant I could see . Personally if in Atlanta I'm looking to trade Ryan this offseason. Hes their most valuable piece and with the D, OL and run game being so bad it doesnt matter how well he plays for then because they cant win anyway. The young defensive pieces will stick around as well as Ridley, Hooper and JJ but everyone else should be open game

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots acquired WR Mohamed Sanu from the Falcons in exchange for a 2020 second-round pick.
New England reportedly offered a second-round pick for Sanu before the draft and the Falcons turned them down. Now 1-6 and projected to be $8.7 million over the 2020 salary cap, Atlanta had no choice but to begin shedding weight. Sanu's departure is the first domino to fall and clears around $3.7 million from Atlanta's books this year (and $10.2 million in all). The versatile slot wideout is expected to be active against Cleveland in Week 8 but likely won't be fully integrated into New England's offense until their Week 10 bye. Expect more roster news to follow as this acquisition puts the Patriots $1.2 million over the cap this season. Russell Gage will take over for Sanu in Atlanta moving forward, while either Phillip Dorsett or Josh Gordon (pending the severity of his ankle injury) are now on the outside looking in with the Patriots.