• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sam, he has the arm and athleticism. He is really good off schedule ... but he has also been prone to throwing bad INT's and not sure he always processes as fast as I'd like. Having said that the guy is running for his life way too often.

While on the other side there isn't anyone I love in the top 7-8 picks.

That will be the new FO's job to figure out.
I agree with thiss assessment. we honestly don’t know where Sam’s ceiling is. But we do know this. Whoever is the future QB NEEDS AN OFFENSIVE LINE. there isn’t a QB in the league that could win behind this oline. There are some excellent tackles coming out in this draft. Take the best one. And then a few more further in the draft.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were spoiled .... Chris Samuels then Trent.

Every year there are 3,4 or 5 QBs coming out that are IT QBs but more often are not. Lord knows we have had a couple of guys. If the new FO takes a LT early and Jayden Daniels falls to the 2nd I might be good with that. Really there is so much unknown until a new GM and HC are hired.

I agree with this, 100%.

It also seems to me that it's rarer for the talent evaluators to oversell top-flight O-linemen in the draft. Simply put, if an Oline is a top prospect, then (in my opinion) they are both usually there for a reason, and way more likely to be elite talents at their position than a similar qb.

That's all I'm saying really: use our picks wisely to maximize talent. As Skinsdad has said multiple times already, the skins have wasted picks on "what could be" as opposed to "what is." Forbes / Martin are just the latest example.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted why that can be the case but here's the short version. Burrow behind a far worse OL and they knew within a few games that he was the one. Stroud with far inferior pass catchers and they know that he's the one. Washington makes too many excuses I believe because they know that Howell is a starter in the league but he isn’t "that guy!"

Basically, you know it when you see it and when you don't, they want to see more with a better tools around a guy. When the type of guy that I'm looking for comes in and his skillset improves even a weak team, we can imagine what he'll do when the team around him improves. Some here are doing the exact opposite with Howell. (Wanting to see what he can do once the team improves)

I would argue that if the Texans are convinced that Stroud is the guy after one year of great qb play, then they haven't studied their NFL history very carefully. Plenty of one-hit wonders out there that ended up not being "the guy......."

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one year might indicate potential but year 2 and 3 should give clearer pictures . from what i have seen so far from college and pro is that i dont see a better prospect then howell in this draft . different ones ? sure , better ones MEH

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys would know better than I do.

Meanwhile, google any highlight of any top flight olineman in the NFL and watch the way they affect the offense.

In the Niner game, for example, the entire oline got off their men (to be fair, they were executing a screen pass) and obliterated the eagle back seven to open a gaping hole for Deebo to run for a 50 yard td.

I mean, they ran it flawlessly.

Talent + coaching equals beautiful football.

last minute of the clip.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys would know better than I do.

Meanwhile, google any highlight of any top flight olineman in the NFL and watch the way they affect the offense.

In the Niner game, for example, the entire oline got off their men (to be fair, they were executing a screen pass) and obliterated the eagle back seven to open a gaping hole for Deebo to run for a 50 yard td.

I mean, they ran it flawlessly.

Talent + coaching equals beautiful football.

last minute of the clip.
I'm definitely not opposed to offensive line. This year has been proof of their value. That said, when Samuel and McCaffery were out the 49ers couldn't win a game and Purdy looked like a 7th rounder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely not opposed to offensive line. This year has been proof of their value. That said, when Samuel and McCaffery were out the 49ers couldn't win a game and Purdy looked like a 7th rounder.
i think you have to balance between the game changing wr or the hof quality O/lineman . at this point i lean to MHJ in the top 4 and then hope i can get a mims , barton or morgan at OT in round 2

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not there yet.
Not gonna lie, I think I'm drafting Daniels, but I have a feeling he's going to pass Maye and go #2 to NE. It's early though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I think I'm drafting Daniels, but I have a feeling he's going to pass Maye and go #2 to NE. It's early though.
I wish I had a crystal ball.

Howell could very well be the best qb since Theisman here.

Would not surprise me at all.

I simply don't know at this point and not ready to claim he is.

I do like howell and realize he has gone through a tough time this year and done the best he possibly can.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do like howell and realize he has gone through a tough time this year and done the best he possibly can.
I hate it for the next GM. He could be the guy that's remembered for letting Howell get out of the building or passing on another good group of Qbs in the draft.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all do. We’ve seen his floor. you have to believe he only gets better with experience alone. I like the idea of drafting a QB, but not with our 1st pick. This game is ultimately won in the trenches. We got nothing there. It doesn’t make a difference who our Qb is if he’s running for his life every play. Start the rebuild with the OLine.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all do. We’ve seen his floor. you have to believe he only gets better with experience alone. I like the idea of drafting a QB, but not with our 1st pick. This game is ultimately won in the trenches. We got nothing there. It doesn’t make a difference who our Qb is if he’s running for his life every play. Start the rebuild with the OLine.
Yes, build inside out instead of outside in like we did with rivera.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one year might indicate potential but year 2 and 3 should give clearer pictures . from what i have seen so far from college and pro is that i dont see a better prospect then howell in this draft . different ones ? sure , better ones MEH
So you think Howell will be better than Penix or Caleb Williams??

Gosknz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now Howell is better, He has shown he can play well at the NFL level . Most of the time anyway, As of now Williams or anyone else it is just speculation. Could turn out they are better, but who knows?