• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Howell

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me an idiot but I am not seeing the connection between cousins and Howell. I am not sure why they are being mentioned together.

Cousins was here for 6 years and started for 3 years here. He performed well and led the team to the playoffs. He was inspiring (you like that) and played with a chip on his shoulder. If not for Allen and the circus, he would still be here. It was a massive mistake by this organization.

For the record, I like howell:
I want him to be here
I don't want him traded
I don't want him cut

However, I think a better comparison would be to Rivera instead of cousins. When Rivera was hired, several posters expressed a lot of enthusiasm. When asked for evidence as to why Rivera was a good hire and why he would be a good GM, none was ever produced.
I asked for evidence again this year and was told to have faith in Rivera. Again, no evidence was ever produced to sway anyone why Rivera should be our coach and GM. I even went as far to say if this was a court of law, is there enough evidence to convict Rivera or being a good coach/GM? There was plenty of evidence for keeping cousins.

Using that same question with Howell, is there enough evidence to convict howell of being a franchise qb? At this point, the answer is no. That doesn't mean he never will, he just hasn't shown it to date. Unfortunately, a decision must be made with the current information. Howell doesn't have 3 more years to prove himself.

Is he guiding the team to wins? No
Does he protect the ball? No
Is he showing steady improvement? No
Does he inspire confidence with his team? No

I watched him on the bench and he is...just there. Seemed checked out and like he could not care less. He simply has zero charisma or energy for the game. I question his attitude.

Is all lost with howell, no. Can he improve, yes. However, as unfair as it is, he will be judged on 2023. The new GM will have to compare the potential of a rookie vs howell.

I think we draft a new qb as howell did not show enough. As a fan, instead of excuses like the OLine, EB, Rivera, etc, if this is a court of law, is there enough evidence to convict howell of being the long term answer?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me an idiot but I am not seeing the connection between cousins and Howell. I am not sure why they are being mentioned together.

Cousins was here for 6 years and started for 3 years here. He performed well and led the team to the playoffs. He was inspiring (you like that) and played with a chip on his shoulder. If not for Allen and the circus, he would still be here. It was a massive mistake by this organization.

For the record, I like howell:
I want him to be here
I don't want him traded
I don't want him cut

However, I think a better comparison would be to Rivera instead of cousins. When Rivera was hired, several posters expressed a lot of enthusiasm. When asked for evidence as to why Rivera was a good hire and why he would be a good GM, none was ever produced.
I asked for evidence again this year and was told to have faith in Rivera. Again, no evidence was ever produced to sway anyone why Rivera should be our coach and GM. I even went as far to say if this was a court of law, is there enough evidence to convict Rivera or being a good coach/GM? There was plenty of evidence for keeping cousins.

Using that same question with Howell, is there enough evidence to convict howell of being a franchise qb? At this point, the answer is no. That doesn't mean he never will, he just hasn't shown it to date. Unfortunately, a decision must be made with the current information. Howell doesn't have 3 more years to prove himself.

Is he guiding the team to wins? No
Does he protect the ball? No
Is he showing steady improvement? No
Does he inspire confidence with his team? No

I watched him on the bench and he is...just there. Seemed checked out and like he could not care less. He simply has zero charisma or energy for the game. I question his attitude.

Is all lost with howell, no. Can he improve, yes. However, as unfair as it is, he will be judged on 2023. The new GM will have to compare the potential of a rookie vs howell.

I think we draft a new qb as howell did not show enough. As a fan, instead of excuses like the OLine, EB, Rivera, etc, if this is a court of law, is there enough evidence to convict howell of being the long term answer?
Howell is essentially a rookie and with 99% of rookies they make mistakes. . Why has he fallen off ? The team has quit . Why has the team quit? They don’t believe in RR , refuse to take coaching or are improperly coached . Howell is the only one trying to make plays on offense . It’s a circus of botched assignments. Laziness , lack of accountability and if any offensive players have quit on Sam or “ don’t see a path to victory “ with him in the game then it’s their lack of professionalism not Sam’s ability . All young qbs go through hard times but this kid is shell shocked and ruined by poor coaching

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1703612947083.png
Believe it or not, multiple things can be true at once:

1) the offense looked better with Brissett than with Howell

2) neither of Howell’s INTs were his fault (1 drop, 1 receiver slip)

3) only 5 of Howell’s 16 incompletions were his fault ⬇️

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell is essentially a rookie and with 99% of rookies they make mistakes. . Why has he fallen off ? The team has quit . Why has the team quit? They don’t believe in RR , refuse to take coaching or are improperly coached . Howell is the only one trying to make plays on offense . It’s a circus of botched assignments. Laziness , lack of accountability and if any offensive players have quit on Sam or “ don’t see a path to victory “ with him in the game then it’s their lack of professionalism not Sam’s ability . All young qbs go through hard times but this kid is shell shocked and ruined by poor coaching
I agree for the most part.

If he is ruined, then we have to move on.

I blame Rivera for not addressing the OLine this year.

I blame EB for the lack of balanced play calling and putting howell in bad situations.

I called the poor offseason strategy by Rivera, but I didn't see EB being this poor.

Even after week 2, I saw redflags with EB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a bit of recent history. We all know that Howell has a propensity to hold onto the ball too long and the results have been disastrous. (A near NFL record for sacks) EB turned to shorter routes and therefore quicker passes as the staples of their passing game. Opposing defenses took note and began sitting on and/or preparing for the short passing attack. Taking that away Washington had no other choice beyond making attempts to once again go with the failed stretch-the-field plan. The results are/ were predictable. Sam hasn't adjusted (there's some doubt if he can) and not being able to grow another 2-3 inches is virtually assured.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a bit of recent history. We all know that Howell has a propensity to hold onto the ball too long and the results have been disastrous. (A near NFL record for sacks) EB turned to shorter routes and therefore quicker passes as the staples of their passing game. Opposing defenses took note and began sitting on and/or preparing for the short passing attack. Taking that away Washington had no other choice beyond making attempts to once again go with the failed stretch-the-field plan. The results are/ were predictable. Sam hasn't adjusted (there's some doubt if he can) and not being able to grow another 2-3 inches is virtually assured.
And you think Williams or Daniel’s won’t hold the ball too long ? The way they plays dictates they will as it will for all the other prospects because rookies make mistakes . No doubt I will be asked to overlook that when they do it however Sam has no option .

I have a nice idea how about we run more ? And there is no deep passing if you can’t block

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think Williams or Daniel’s won’t hold the ball too long ? The way they plays dictates they will as it will for all the other prospects because rookies make mistakes . No doubt I will be asked to overlook that when they do it however Sam has no option .

I have a nice idea how about we run more ? And there is no deep passing if you can’t block
I know that you're not high on this class, again I support your right to hold that perspective, but to say that Williams and especially Daniels will hold the ball to long may or may not be true but what each will do is run. In fact, Daniels is as close to Lamar as you can get when it comes to using his legs. The bonus with that guy is you get a better thrower of the ball than Jackson too!

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely we will be picking 4th just have a feeling Patriots will get the 3rd pick but if Williams somehow fell to our pick you have to consider him if he doesn't LT has to be drafted

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you're not high on this class, again I support your right to hold that perspective, but to say that Williams and especially Daniels will hold the ball to long may or may not be true but what each will do is run. In fact, Daniels is as close to Lamar as you can get when it comes to using his legs. The bonus with that guy is you get a better thrower of the ball than Jackson too!
Sam Howell can run as well . They will hold the ball to long because rookies do that because of lack of experience. They will do it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Howell can run as well . They will hold the ball to long because rookies do that because of lack of experience. They will do it
Hell, I'm nearly 71 and I can run!

The difference is a QB like Daniels makes you pay with his legs, not because he can't see clearly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'm nearly 71 and I can run!

The difference is a QB like Daniels makes you pay with his legs, not because he can't see clearly.
Well if that were the case that would have shown up at ASU with a conference championship or at LSU with a conference championship . I am glad he has stats and he could have potential but at 3 overall I pass . Now a lot of my mocks in round 2 he is available I pick him because missing on him there doesn’t sting as much as blowing another top 3 pick on a bust

He has to be a HOF qb with at least a Super Bowl win for me to say he was worth it

I don’t Lose anything if Sam fails , he was a 5th round afterthought

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that you would ever want to know about Jayden Daniels:

The 2020 Arizona State Sun Devils football team

On August 11, 2020, the Pac-12 Conference canceled all fall sports competitions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. On September 3, the Pac-12 announced a 2020 football season featuring a seven-game conference-only schedule starting on November 7 and ending with the PAC-12 Championship Game on December 18.

Due to several games being canceled, the Sun Devils played only four games during the season, compiling a 2–2 record. The team announced on December 20 that it would not participate in any Bowl game. Overall on the season, Arizona State outscored their opponents by a combined total of 161 to 93, largely on the strength of their historic 70–7 blowout win over Arizona in the Territorial Cup. It was the second-largest margin of victory in the history of the rivalry.

Daniels graduated from Arizona a year early and attained his Masters Degree at LSU. (Liberal Arts)

1703656709215.png

Here are 20 other links if you're interested in knowing more on the guy:

References​

1. ^ Gardner, Michelle (December 18, 2019). "Arizona State football: Jayden Daniels celebrates birthday and addition of receivers". Arizona Republic. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
  2. ^ "Overall Winners".
  3. ^ Karpman, Chris (August 30, 2019). "Oklahoma-bound Spencer Rattler top-rated QB by 247Sports, Arizona State-bound Jayden Daniels No. 2". 247sports.com.
  4. ^ Obert, Richard (August 30, 2019). "Elite QB prospect Jayden Daniels commits to ASU". azcentral.com.
  5. ^ Gardner, Michelle (May 21, 2019). "Arizona State quarterback Jayden Daniels wins a top high school award". Arizona Republic. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
  6. ^ Harris, Jack (August 30, 2019). "True freshman Jayden Daniels wins QB job for Sun Devils". 247sports.com. Retrieved March 3, 2023.
  7. ^ Gardner, Michelle (August 13, 2019). "True freshman Jayden Daniels named starting quarterback at Arizona State". USA Today. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
  8. ^ Layman, Matt (November 25, 2019). "ASU's Jayden Daniels earns 2 Pac-12 honors after win over Oregon". Arizona Sports. Retrieved November 14, 2023.
  9. ^ Anderson, Jake (January 4, 2020). "By the numbers: Arizona State QB Jayden Daniels' freshman season". Arizona Sports. Retrieved November 14, 2023.
  10. ^ Metcalfe, Jeff. "Sun Bowl rewind: ASU forces six turnovers in 20–14 Sun Bowl win". The Arizona Republic.
  11. ^ Metcalfe, Jeff. "Rewind: ASU sets Territorial Cup scoring record in 70–7 rout of Arizona". The Arizona Republic.
  12. ^ Haller, Doug. "Jayden Daniels, NFL losses and lowered expectations: 10 Arizona State football predictions for 2022". The Athletic.
  13. ^ Sports, Arizona (June 16, 2021). "NCAA investigating ASU football over potential recruiting violations". Arizona Sports.
  14. ^ Thamel, Pete (June 24, 2021). "Dossier reveals extent of NCAA allegations against Arizona State football". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved November 12, 2023.
  15. ^ Druin, Donnie (April 16, 2022). "Daniels Explains Transfer to LSU: Why He Left Arizona State". SI.com. Retrieved November 12, 2023.
  16. ^ Olson, Eric (November 13, 2023). "LSU's Jayden Daniels only FBS quarterback to pass for 350 and run for 200 in single game". AP News. Retrieved November 14, 2023.
  17. ^ "Daniels Scores 8 TD's in 56-14 Win Over Georgia State". lsusports.net. Retrieved December 22, 2023.
  18. ^ "Jayden Daniels wins the 2023 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award".
  19. ^ Cobb, David (December 9, 2023). "2023 Heisman Trophy winner: LSU QB Jayden Daniels claims award becoming third Tigers player to receive honor". CBS Sports. Retrieved December 9, 2023.
  20. ^ Palin, Julia. "IN FOCUS: Jayden Daniels Has 'The Heart of a Champion'". lsusports.net. Retrieved December 11, 2023.

Skinsfan21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels graduated from Arizona a year early and attained his Masters Degree at LSU. (Liberal Arts)

Well I was high on Daniel’s until ‍♀‍♂️

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I was high on Daniel’s until ‍♀‍♂️
What does this mean?