• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints post game

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im making excuses? I think everything ive said was completely true.

Also it doesnt look good? What is this a glamour contest? I thought we were debating football. Whats true is all that matters. I'm sorry reality bothers you that much i guess?

And why is he below average? Because the fact that hes been able to keep this trash heap of a franchise competitive suggests otherwise.

What exactly do you think his record each year should have been with the roster we had?
Easy Ehb5, not tearing you down here. Just questioning why you feel so strongly about Gruden. Look, it doesn't take 5 years to build a competitive football team. News flash, we are not competitive as evidence last week. The team truly reflects Gruden, a coach who is way too lax, way too laid back, lacks consistency, lacks accountability and will surely find himself out of work after this year.
It really doesn't bother me at all. Gruden has never really won since he was hired here and likely never will. I will agree that it has been a combination of many things, and yes, some unrelated to Gruden. There are many ingredients in the soup, but if the soup taste bad, its the HC who stirs the soup. I believe we need another type of individual who has a new vision to stir the soup around here. That's all.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy Ehb5, not tearing you down here. Just questioning why you feel so strongly about Gruden. Look, it doesn't take 5 years to build a competitive football team. News flash, we are not competitive as evidence last week. The team truly reflects Gruden, a coach who is way too lax, way too laid back, lacks consistency, lacks accountability and will surely find himself out of work after this year.
It really doesn't bother me at all. Gruden has never really won since he was hired here and likely never will. I will agree that it has been a combination of many things, and yes, some unrelated to Gruden. There are many ingredients in the soup, but if the soup taste bad, its the HC who stirs the soup. I believe we need another type of individual who has a new vision to stir the soup around here. That's all.

Fair enough, my bad for misinterpreting the tone.

Look, nobody is arguing gruden is amazing. Hes not on the Pederson, Belicheck, McVay level and I think we all realize that.

But he's not a disaster at all. With talent here he could coach a genuinely very good team. Now maybe that's not enough and i'm not saying we shouldn't want an elite level coach but those are even harder to come by than franchise QBs. It's not like we can just go hire the next McVay. We're a lot more likely to get the next Hue Jackson.

You mentioned it doesn't take 5 years to build a competitive team, but gruden won the division in his second year here.

He inherited a COMPLETE disaster of an organization and roster, took 1 year to reset things, and has a winning record since then. It's simply not true to say he's never won anything.

And again.... what should our record have been the last few years? Because im pretty confident we don't have the talent of the perennial playoff teams - so why are we demanding Gruden match them?

If you want the real source of problems here look at the front office. Theyre the ones who have put together an incomplete roster that simply isnt good enough to compete with the top teams.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is if they go 8-8 this year that will be the most successful 4 years under Snyder, not counting his first year. Not calling him HOF but there they haven't sucked. Hell of a claim huh?