• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints fan gets spit on by Eagles fan after game winning FG

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for any of that type of behavior. It's inexcusable and fans should enforce punishment for those who engage in it. I'm talking about notifying security, not vigilante justice.

I'll be at the Saints@Seahawks game on Saturday. I won't be idly sitting by if I see any Seattle fans engage in behavior like this.

People need to act like adults; physical violence or spitting or pouring beer on someone makes the assaulter sub-human.

So you're telling me the guy in that video was an innocent victim who was shocked when someone spit on him?

His response?

"Come on you pussy-ass..." then the video cuts off.

No one deserves to be spit on for their sports opinion but please stop pretending like this is some poor, innocent soul who was blindsided by out-of-control Eagles fans.

He ran his big mouth and he got spit on.

That's.

What.

Happens.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for any of that type of behavior. It's inexcusable and fans should enforce punishment for those who engage in it. I'm talking about notifying security, not vigilante justice.

I'll be at the Saints@Seahawks game on Saturday. I won't be idly sitting by if I see any Seattle fans engage in behavior like this.

People need to act like adults; physical violence or spitting or pouring beer on someone makes the assaulter sub-human.
BoBlake - While I don't expect to see the Seahawks lose this game, put yourself in this position:

What if you were at this game and lost a real heart breaker? Someone with a Saints jersey starts taunting and gets spit on. Are you suggesting you would defend the "spitee?" Or would you laugh? What if this were the NFC Championship and you lost to the Panthers? Or the 49ers? What if it was a 49ers fan being spit on? Keep in mind your team theoretically just lost this game. I have the feeling you would do nothing. Or maybe you would laugh. I would not spit on a child, but if he were provoking 100,000+ people and somebody spit on him, chances are I would probably get a good chuckle. There is no evidence in this video that the kid was being provoked before raising his sign.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suggest that. I said do nothing is the best move. You act as if spitting on someone is cool, but punching them is bad. Why does someone have to pick one or the other. I would consider both assault.

If I were that Saints fan, I'd rather have been punched in the face by the Eagle fan. I mean, he's an Eagle fan. So that means in addition to saliva, his spit also contains the semen of at least 2 other men.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me recap my opinion, just to be clear.

1.) Don't go to a playoff game as an opposing fan, but if you choose to...

2.) Smile allot and don't talk shit, but if you choose to...

3.) Don't complain when you get what you got coming.

If you stubbornly keep saying "I can't believe you're condoning spitting on someone" then you're obviously out of touch with the reality of what happens in the stands at football games when someone is a punkass.

For the millionth time, right or wrong, that's just the way it is and pretending otherwise isn't going to change a damn thing.

I don't like it so I choose not to participate anymore.

Exactly. It's like if you go a restaurant & act like the biggest pretentious douchbag of alltime, complaining & returning food multiple times because it wasn't perfect, your likely to have someone spit in your food. Does it make it right? No. but it is what it is.

Fans need to act right if they want to be treated right.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was being an obnoxious asshat. He deserved what he got. He is lucky he only got spit on. Act right & you get treated right. Every fan base has fans who are asshats & fans that are willing to take actions you may deem wrong.

I've been to SD, Dallas, SF, & Denver for Cardinal games & never had an issue with their fans. Of course I acted like I've been to a sporting event before.

I agree. You shouldn't provoke someone, but that doesn't make spitting on the one who provoked right. His team won, he got excited and he celebrated, therefore he should get spit on??

I would expect the same thing to happen to me if I overtly celebrated, but it doesn't make it right. It might be expected, but not right.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's like if you go a restaurant & act like the biggest pretentious douchbag of alltime, complaining & returning food multiple times because it wasn't perfect, your likely to have someone spit in your food. Does it make it right? No. but it is what it is.

Fans need to act right if they want to be treated right.

And if I saw a video of a server spitting in food, I'd say "that's not right" just like I did here. Just because "hey, it happens" doesn't mean I need to condone it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing this video, two things.

1) I agree with Hammerdown that this guy is an idiot for acting this way in an opposing stadium. You are looking for trouble when you act this way.

2) even though the guy is an idiot, doesn't excuse someone for spitting on him. Fans need better self control.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me recap my opinion, just to be clear.

1.) Don't go to a playoff game as an opposing fan, but if you choose to...

2.) Smile allot and don't talk shit, but if you choose to...

3.) Don't complain when you get what you got coming.

If you stubbornly keep saying "I can't believe you're condoning spitting on someone" then you're obviously out of touch with the reality of what happens in the stands at football games when someone is a punkass.

For the millionth time, right or wrong, that's just the way it is and pretending otherwise isn't going to change a damn thing.

I don't like it so I choose not to participate anymore.

Maybe I misinterpreted your initial opinion. I agree with your points above. I am not one to retaliate when an opposing team douche bag fan pops off, and believe me as a Cardinal fan it happens quite frequently, so when I see an idiotic fan respond that way, it just bugs me.

It's like me saying on a sports forum.....

"Ha Ha. Eagles lost. They suck and never deserved to be in the playoffs".

Although I may feel that way, I would never say it.

Last edited by a moderator:

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just call a spade a spade. This was not the doing of a 9-year-old. This kid sounded like he was at least 18. He's lucky that's all that happened to him. There's a bunch of punk kids like this that post here on this forum.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I saw a video of a server spitting in food, I'd say "that's not right" just like I did here. Just because "hey, it happens" doesn't mean I need to condone it.

But would you tell the guy?

If you were in the restaurant with this big loud obnoxious douchbag that completely ruined your evening with wife/husband & from your table you could see the waitress spit in his food, would you tell him?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But would you tell the guy?

If you were in the restaurant with this big loud obnoxious douchbag that completely ruined your evening with wife/husband & from your table you could see the waitress spit in his food, would you tell him?

Yes.

You can't spread disease by being rude and loud, you can by spitting in food.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

You can't spread disease by being rude and loud, you can by spitting in food.

Then you are better than me. I would have been hoping the guy was eating a shit sandwich. Just desserts for a tool.

I am not afraid to admit it, you get what you put out. If you are being a dbag to someone & that someone else does something douchy thing to you, I have no issue with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna say he deserved something like that, but it's expected. Which is sad.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spitting on someone is a misdemeanor assault in most states. If that person knows it carries a disease it can be a felony. The kid filming is annoying for sure and provoked the assault. But that doesn't warrant getting spat on by a upset Philly fan.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are better than me. I would have been hoping the guy was eating a shit sandwich. Just desserts for a tool.

Oh I get annoyed by any little thing when I'm out eating, but I wouldn't let some server just spit in his food like that. If they want to take forever to get it there or overcook it, go for it. But bodily fluids is where I'd have to draw the line.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spitting on someone is a misdemeanor assault in most states. If that person knows it carries a disease it can be a felony. The kid filming is annoying for sure and provoked the assault. But that doesn't warrant getting spat on by a upset Philly fan.

Did you see his fellow Saint fan who wanted NOTHING to do with the kid. Everyone knew he was being a bitch, but I agree that still doesn't mean you can spit on him. "Hey, I'm gonna spit in your face" and then does. That guy is the lowest form of white trash right there. Tell the Saints fan to F off or make fun of his lineage, but don't spit on him. That's disgusting.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see one annoying Saints fan and an equally annoying Eagles fan. I'm not really going to take a side in this because the both sucked.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get annoyed by any little thing when I'm out eating, but I wouldn't let some server just spit in his food like that. If they want to take forever to get it there or overcook it, go for it. But bodily fluids is where I'd have to draw the line.

I am not talking about the common annoying person in a restaurant, I am talking about the loud berating guy who makes a waitress cry after she has put with his nonsense for 30+ mins. You would still tell this guy that his food was spit on? Not me. It was hard enough for me not to interject myself in the situation, let alone warn the guy his food contained waitress saliva.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about the common annoying person in a restaurant, I am talking about the loud berating guy who makes a waitress cry after she has put with his nonsense for 30+ mins. You would still tell this guy that his food was spit on? Not me. It was hard enough for me not to interject myself in the situation, let alone warn the guy his food contained waitress saliva.

I'd use it as a way for me to vent, and keep him from ingesting something potentially harmful. Maybe go with something like:

"Hey buddy, you have been a grade-A asshole to everyone in here and you deserve to be messed with, but I just watched someone spit in your food. Perhaps it is time for you to get the hell out of here."

Then everyone wins...patrons, waitress, d-bag guy.