• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints fan gets spit on by Eagles fan after game winning FG

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd use it as a way for me to vent, and keep him from ingesting something potentially harmful. Maybe go with something like:

"Hey buddy, you have been a grade-A asshole to everyone in here and you deserve to be messed with, but I just watched someone spit in your food. Perhaps it is time for you to get the hell out of here."

Then everyone wins...patrons, waitress, d-bag guy.

:pound:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen plenty of guys like the Saints fan in that video and they are straight up douchebags. You don't fucking spit in somebody's face though.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoBlake - While I don't expect to see the Seahawks lose this game, put yourself in this position:

What if you were at this game and lost a real heart breaker? Someone with a Saints jersey starts taunting and gets spit on. Are you suggesting you would defend the "spitee?" Or would you laugh? What if this were the NFC Championship and you lost to the Panthers? Or the 49ers? What if it was a 49ers fan being spit on? Keep in mind your team theoretically just lost this game. I have the feeling you would do nothing. Or maybe you would laugh. I would not spit on a child, but if he were provoking 100,000+ people and somebody spit on him, chances are I would probably get a good chuckle. There is no evidence in this video that the kid was being provoked before raising his sign.

I'm saying I'd defend the spittee. I'm an adult; it's the only adult response.

I've been in the opposing fan shoes often (Arizona (x4), Chicago (x3), Green Bay, Indianapolis, St Louis). Having been in their shoes, I would very much defend them should anything other than verbal insults happen. Otherwise shit can escalate quickly.

You don't know me. Don't assume what I'd do.

I wonder how many people who are commenting on this have even been to an game as a visitor?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My avatar is from the Seahawks comeback in Chicago last year (made it on TV during the comeback). My friend sitting next to me will never go to another Bears game. She's a Bears fan.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been in the opposing fan shoes often (Arizona (x4), Chicago (x3), Green Bay, Indianapolis, St Louis). Having been in their shoes, I would very much defend them should anything other than verbal insults happen. Otherwise shit can escalate quickly.

I wonder how many people who are commenting on this have even been to an game as a visitor?
I've been to a Giants - Eagles game in NJ and the Giants fans were much worse than when I went to the Link in Philly to watch the 49ers.

I'm calling bullshit and hitting the ignore button now thanks

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to a Giants - Eagles game in NJ and the Giants fans were much worse than when I went to the Link in Philly to watch the 49ers.

I'm calling bullshit and hitting the ignore button now thanks

What's BS about his post? i am not seeing how he was rude or anything in it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been to a few and have rarely seen things go bad slightly off topic but i went to a Manu/Chelsea and there was fights that broke out hours even before the match started in many places from the bars to the streets etc

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to a few and have rarely seen things go bad slightly off topic but i went to a Manu/Chelsea and there was fights that broke out hours even before the match started in many places from the bars to the streets etc

Yeah, those European matches where thousands of Russian and German hooligans are going at it makes this "assault" laughable.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's BS about his post? i am not seeing how he was rude or anything in it.
The defending of the "spitee." I just don't buy it. Watching this video, this kid was asking for it. Then he turned off his phone and wanted to fight. Nobody is going to defend this asshat for being such a punk. Neither would he.

I have seen worse things happen while attending soccer matches in Europe. People love to watch these things unfold.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defending of the "spitee." I just don't buy it. Watching this video, this kid was asking for it. Then he turned off his phone and wanted to fight. Nobody is going to defend this asshat for being such a punk. Neither would he.

I think both were in the wrong,i have been to concerts where i have seen people get very messed up and baseball,football games seem tame to the many i went to in the 80's.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think defend the spittee is a misrepresentation of what I said I'd do initially. I said I'd report it to security in my initial post. If I were near the guy and a fight broke out, I'd try to break it up. If I were by the spitter and he did that I'd give him verbal shit.

If a fight fid break out and the Saints fan was hurt, I'd make sure he got help.

You know, things an adult would do.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those European matches where thousands of Russian and German hooligans are going at it makes this "assault" laughable.

I was with my brother and four Irish guys and two Norweaigans we were all wearing Chelsea green.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints fan just seemed very excited but he did rotate the camera at the Eagle fans for his own motives but the guy that spat is a punk imo he should of just laughed.

I saw some Chicago fan's do the same BS at a Sonics game and a brawl broke out and a lady got decked that had nothing to do with the situation because of all the mayhem.

Sporting events can sometimes bring the worst out in people,i have a few friends from back in the day and any concert,sporting event they would feed off the crowd and look for tough guys just to get into fights with,i never understood it tbh and stopped going to events with them but there is people like that out there.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I travel to a few away games each year have been to Lincoln field for a playoff game when the Eagles threw the famous 4th and 26 play. Prior to the game myself and another Packer fan walked around the stadium to check out the tailgaters and talk to fans as I try to do on all my trips. WHen coming across 2 people grilling behind their car or individuals it was nice and fun to talk to fans of another team.

The issue came in when you came across a larger group of fans tailgating together. At one point some dude pulled out his junk and I noticed it just in time to jump out of the way so I didn't get pissed on. From that point on I smile whenever the Eagles are knocked out of the playoffs or when they lose any game. Those fans do not deserve to have a winning team.

I have been to over half the stadiums in the NFL over the years and have never seen or heard of a stadium with these amenities:

The old Vet Stadium:

Perhaps the most alarming quality of these fans was when they would cheer upon an opposing player getting injured. One defining moment of fan history was when Dallas Cowboys’ receiver, and future Hall of Fame player, Michael Irvin was hit and lay motionless, potentially paralyzed, on the ground for 20 minutes. The fans proceeded to cheer, with some acting downright rowdy. This incident put Philadelphia fans on the national stage and became a defining moment in stadium history. Former NFL coach Bill Parcells would later go on to call the stadium a “banana republic” in response to the rowdy behavior of the fans in the stadium.

This type of behavior led to another amazing moment in stadium history, the creation of an in-stadium jail, commonly referred to as “Eagles Court.” The court was installed in 1998—a result of several fistfights breaking out during a nationally-televised Eagles game. The move made waves, as Veterans Stadium was the only arena in the country with a courthouse, a move which seemed necessary given fans’ behavior. Eagles Court became an oft-criticized feature of the stadium, and is used constantly to nationally antagonize the fans of the city. Proponents argued that the offenses were typically very minor, and the threat of a jail calmed down the crowds significantly. Then councilman John F. Street (who would go on to be mayor of Philadelphia) said that the court was “Too soft, too swift, too unfair to everyone else in the city who gets arrested.”

The new Lincoln Field:

The NFL's Philadelphia Eagles moved to Lincoln Financial Field this season, leaving Veterans Stadium for a new facility featuring an enhanced video security system, increased security guards and more bathrooms.

The result? A sharp drop in cases involving disorderly fans compared to the years at Veterans Stadium.

This had led the Eagles to close "Eagles Court," a courtroom built into the stadium where unruly fans were taken for quick judgment and sentencing after committing crimes at both Veterans and Lincoln Financial stadiums. The court forced offenders to give up season tickets, pay a $400 fine and sit in jail for the rest of the game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are quite a few defending the spitter. They say the other guy deserved it because he was taunting the fans. Actually it looked like he said "who dat" about 4 times and was filming the dejected Eagle's fans as they filed out. I'm not sure if saying "who dat" is the crime of the century and deserving of spit or punches like some of you do. I mean he barely said anything at all and it was within seconds of a game winning FG. Eagles fans might expect a Saints fan to be excited in that spot. Let's face it, the Eagles fan was just bitter and butthurt over losing and he wanted to lash out. He's probably the same type of mindless idiot who breaks his own stuff at home by throwing tantrums when his team loses.

So the thing is, if you think he "deserved" it, would you teach your kid to spit on that guy? If you were standing in that area during that video would you tell your 13 or 14 year old son to go spit on that guy? Or if you watched him get spit on would you tell your kid that the spitter did the right thing? I doubt it. And if you wouldn't do those things with your kid then that should tell you that you know its wrong in the first place.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the spitter was as big of a dipshit as the saints guy. I'd teach my kids that those are prime examples of people that don't know a damn thing about competition and probably suck to be around, win or lose.

He was looking for a reaction and someone was uncontrolled enough to give him one. Had that been me and my team, I can promise that guy was no more happy then I would have been. The difference is, I would have congratulated those around me on one fucking hell of a good game. You can celebrate and be respectful or if your buddy is an opposing fan, give him some shit like friends do. Start pushing it in the face of a stadium full people??? You're a fucking moron.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 137 posts over some spit.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with my brother and four Irish guys and two Norweaigans we were all wearing Chelsea green.

Chelsea doesn't wear green.

Philly fans always get a bad rap for being douchey cause they proudly act douchey. But if someone spits on me in a public place, it's Go Time.