• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sooooo tired of hearing all the "it's logical that more injuries happen because of all the additional plays" crap. Wanna fix it? Cut the game to 48 minutes. There ya are. 12 minutes each quarter. Does that do it for ya? Then all the fat assed defensive linemen and 260 lbs. linebackers could hit the buffet line a little earlier too. Jeez!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are simply having a go at Sabs bro.

And to your willingness to bet? I wouldn't be so quick with that one, you may have missed it. The NCAA has approved an eight official in many conferences. This ref's primary duty is to be the ball spotter. Faster spot of the ball ref?

Looks like this has backfired. Team Bielema with sidekick Sabs asked for 10 sec rule. What do they get? An extra ref to make the game even faster.

Link please?

I want to see where it is written that either of them asked for this rule to be implemented. Answering a few questions at a committee and asking for a rule change are two very different(almost night and day) ends of the spectrum.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like ya want your football and to go home now? You have always had the skin to stand and fight for your team, even I can say that. I think TF12 says it with his writings and I just don't see him bashing any Bama fans, just making his points in writing very well on the topic at hand. Saban's a great coach, we all get that, but even the best make small mistakes, were human. Humor trumps all and if ya can't see thru that then your brains fried.

amirite?[/QUOTE]

Dont let charlie42s see you write this that way, he will grammar nazi you to death.:nod:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why respond to every single bit of it?

I haven't been. Today was the first time I've even posted in this section for the past week or so.

I only posted today because Mamba can't even read his own link.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only has 'Bama beaten more hunh teams than they've lost to, they play the style that works best against the hunh. So why cry about it? Why try to influence a rule change?

Btw, I have never mentioned the losses and have stated that I'm not a fan of the hunh either. Am I jealous hater too.

I think it makes for crappy football where teams are more worried about trying to catch the other team out of position, akin to a sucker punch than playing sound football, but that's not the discussion.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of thread was to point out Sabs funny comment about HUNH causing cancer for defenses that defend it.

Other than that, lol didn't even read article.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sooooo tired of hearing all the "it's logical that more injuries happen because of all the additional plays" crap. Wanna fix it? Cut the game to 48 minutes. There ya are. 12 minutes each quarter. Does that do it for ya? Then all the fat assed defensive linemen and 260 lbs. linebackers could hit the buffet line a little earlier too. Jeez!

I'm pretty sure they will just put an end to the loophole. Bummer for you I guess.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Mamba's name is in green and he is mean. It's not fair, he should be held to a higher standard. He posts Sabs quotes and they hurt my feelings enough that I am going to quit posting here."

4down20

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Mamba's name is in green and he is mean. It's not fair, he should be held to a higher standard. He posts Sabs quotes and they hurt my feelings enough that I am going to quit posting here."

4down20

Nope, just lost respect for you is all.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at trying to predict the future and then calling it a fact.

And you call other people stupid. :lol:

Three is a fact and so is more to come unless program is shut down (plz keep smart azz comments to minimum) or you're OSU. That would be the only way. Remember we are NOT Ohio St who had help from an official to get it's only NC in over 45 years. Damn, that's a long time. My momma always said stupid is as stupid does! :laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamafans,

As much as I am loathe to say that Saban could ever learn anything from Lane Kiffin, there are 2 "media incidents" from which Saban could actually learn something.

Remember the big controversy prior to the 2012 season when Kiffin said he wouldn't vote USC #1 and then did? Remember how the media and posters all over the sports message boards tore into him, calling him a liar, etc.? Kiffin tried a couple of times to explain what he had meant when he made the 1st statement and those only made matters worse.

This is what is happening to Saban right now. He made the statement he made and has been making things worse for himself by continually trying to explain himself.

Ironically, it is on this very topic that he should follow Kiffin's example. Prior to last season when the safety of the hunh topic came up, each PAC-12 coach was asked about it at the PAC-12 media day. Every PAC-12 coach except one said they didn't see it as an issue.

The one dissenting opinion? Lane Kiffin, of course. Essentially he said: I can see where that might be a concern and it might be worthy of a conversation.

Since it was Kiffin and it was a differing viewpoint from other coaches, the media and sports message board posters tried to make a big deal out of it. Kiffin never said another word about it and amazingly, the "story" died a quick death.

Just sayin'!!

Damn, from what I read we should all follow USC. They're the only team that can get subs on the field, they know how to handle the media and they win NC"s all the time. Oh wait, that last part isn't true. I was thinking of Bama. Sorry!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let charlie42s see you write this that way, he will grammar nazi you to death.
:bullshit:
You're the poster who brought up English first. It's not my fault, you blame your tablet.
I'm betting you blame "your employees" for everything else.:laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, from what I read we should all follow USC. They're the only team that can get subs on the field, they know how to handle the media and they win NC"s all the time. Oh wait, that last part isn't true. I was thinking of Bama. Sorry!

th

And you forgot the part where USC coaches and fans don't whine to the NCAA to change the rules to help them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:
You're the poster who brought up English first. It's not my fault, you blame your tablet.
I'm betting you blame "your employees" for everything else.:laugh3:

Its pretty well known(except by you apparently) that if I am wrong I will admit to it. I gave the Tablet as the problem because that was the problem. I will also admit I dont stand on ceremony and use proper punctuation in lots of cases even if I am in a forum or message board and in front of a PC or laptop. Dont have time to waste with that shit, if it trips your trigger to see bad grammar, I might suggest not reading it then.

10 years of business so far, never had an employee get blamed for anything that wasnt their fault. Might be because I hired accountable employees who own up to their mistakes and fix them.

grammarnazi.jpg

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

And you forgot the part where USC coaches and fans don't whine to the NCAA to change the rules to help them.

That's because USC doesn't have the NZZA in their hip pocket like some other programs

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Damn, here we go again. Did Nick Saban have the rules changed to benefit him? I swear and would bet my life he said we need to look at that issue and do whatever's best. You making up shit like the others now?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because USC doesn't have the NZZA in their hip pocket like some other programs

They all said it about Bear Bryant then and now it's Nick Saban. Alabama sure has a lot of power for a little old school from a little old state in the South! :yahoo:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty well known(except by you apparently) that if I am wrong I will admit to it. I gave the Tablet as the problem because that was the problem. I will also admit I dont stand on ceremony and use proper punctuation in lots of cases even if I am in a forum or message board and in front of a PC or laptop. Dont have time to waste with that shit, if it trips your trigger to see bad grammar, I might suggest not reading it then.

10 years of business so far, never had an employee get blamed for anything that wasnt their fault. Might be because I hired accountable employees who own up to their mistakes and fix them.

I corrected you one time because you brought up English. I would have let your 2nd mistake slide, but you actually asked me "Did I make a mistake ..." and then didn't use a Question mark.

You brought it about because you asked a question and you couldn't handle the answer. smh

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they tabled the rule, it won't even be voted on now.

Keep hating though.