• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the point is if a team is running a HUNH on Alabama and the offense is running 8 plays then getting off the field Alabama's defense is on the bench a lot "avoiding injuries". When Alabama is then on offense Saban can run a slo-mo offense to "protect the players" all he wants. The total number of plays in a game when someone like Oregon, Oklahoma, etc. is on fire against a slo-mo offense will go DOWN. The pokey opposition will obviously be outscored but if they want to take 40 seconds between plays then so be it. The high number of plays only happens when both teams run the HUNH....which leaves Alabama out. Face it, Alabama fans, your coach looks like an idiot right now. Stoops has looked the fool at times too and so has every other head coach if he's in the game long enough. Saban got schooled by Oklahoma last season and he didn't like it. So the answer for Saban is change his style of play, not whine about how his defense got their ass whipped by a HUNH offense.

Bullshit!! Lane Kiffin has never looked like a fool!!:laugh3:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hold a press conference with 3 hats in front of you and then say: "I'm taking my talents to the hoop as you put on a sportshoopla hat?:whistle:

Are u saying a transfer is imminent?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Last year vs. Stanford this is the breakdown of plays:

Oregon:

Pass attempts: 34

Rush attempts: 24

Total plays: 58

Stanford:

Pass attempts: 13

Rush attempts: 66

Total plays: 79

I don't think anyone here will ever confuse Stanford with an hunh offense. Yet, Stanford's non-hunh offense ran 21 more plays than Oregon which is pretty much the proto-type for hunh offenses.

Considering that Stanford is the bigger, more physical team, if we follow Saban's logic re: player safety, it seems that Oregon's defense had a much higher for potential injury than Stanford's.

LIES!!!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defend that JACK!

Ok. It's really quite easy, if one listens. Saban is talking about the average plays HUNH run, not the exceptions? Do you think none of us know there are times when the slow team dominates the HUNH the Pro style team will have more plays? It won't be 80 or 90 though. In fact Stanford having 79 shows how bad they really did dominate Oregon. That's a ton of plays for that style. How many plays did Oregon average last year? How many did Stanford?

People are cherry picking here. They are using one example and posting it and laughing. The problem is the majority on here is doing the same thing so they don't recognize it in others.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon:

Stanford:

I don't think anyone here will ever confuse Stanford with an hunh offense. Yet, Stanford's non-hunh offense ran 21 more plays than Oregon which is pretty much the proto-type for hunh offenses.

Considering that Stanford is the bigger, more physical team, if we follow Saban's logic re: player safety, it seems that Oregon's defense had a much higher for potential injury than Stanford's.

"Not buying it til you show me facts..."

T town

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon:

Stanford:

Defend that JACK!

Ok. It's really quite easy, .

:laugh3:

No, I didn't make this up

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't handle a little criticism? Hell, this is what the 5th thread ripping on Saban and Alabama fans?

I thought this place had a tad higher standards and was actually the reason why I joined this forum over all the others I could have. Was I wrong?

Well, they let you join. That says something.:whistle:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. It's really quite easy, if one listens. Saban is talking about the average plays HUNH run, not the exceptions? Do you think none of us know there are times when the slow team dominates the HUNH the Pro style team will have more plays? It won't be 80 or 90 though. In fact Stanford having 79 shows how bad they really did dominate Oregon. That's a ton of plays for that style. How many plays did Oregon average last year? How many did Stanford?

People are cherry picking here. They are using one example and posting it and laughing. The problem is the majority on here is doing the same thing so they don't recognize it in others.

:wtf2:
I thought the problem was that the majority of the posters on this thread were drawing attention to Saban and his tactics, both on the field and off.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument of "more plays, more injury" is fucky, but I agree with this 10 second rule.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether they change the rule or not Alabama will still win and that ultimately will stop the Saban bashing is if he goes out there this season and beats these HUNH teams. Which by the the way before this year Saban lost to 1 HUNH offense and they only scored 29. And Saban was talking about changing the rule before he lost to the HUNH teams. This years defense struggled with HUNH because they weren't good in general every team moved the ball on us. This was Bamas worst defense in 6 years. So everyone can say what they want because they are entitled to their opinions but just watch this year Saban will beat all the HUNH teams on our schedule and shut yall all up.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

No, I didn't make this up

Surprise no answer here either.

This entire page or pages is a perfect example of how all these threads have gone. I've tried to write responses and statements while others have just made ridiculous juvenile jokes and laughed at themselves with no substance at all. Oh wait they do accuse the Alabama people of doing exactly what they are doing. The difference? They aren't! Easy to see if one can read!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2012 (another Stanford win) Stanford ran 82 plays to Oregon's 77 (overtime game).

Here's where Stanford's performances breaks down your logic:

I think we can all agree that strategy is a huge part of football.

I think we can also agree that "style of play" is part of that strategy.

I think we can further agree that when one team develops a strategy/style of play that enables it to win a game, the losing team must then develop a strategy/style of play to combat that.

Stanford has not always been able to defeat Oregon's hunh. In fact, I can remember, not so long ago, when Oregon was curbstomping Stanford using the hunh. However, rather than try to influence a rule change, they developed a strategy/style of play that not only negated Oregon's hunh, but forced Oregon to play Stanford's game. The result? Stanford has now beaten Oregon 2 consecutive seasons and run more plays in both games.

So, it seems that if more teams follow the Stanford model, they can not only beat hunh teams, they can actually "flip the script" and end up running more plays than an hunh team.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012 (another Stanford win) Stanford ran 82 plays to Oregon's 77 (overtime game).

Here's where Stanford's performances breaks down your logic:

I think we can all agree that strategy is a huge part of football.

I think we can also agree that "style of play" is part of that strategy.

I think we can further agree that when one team develops a strategy/style of play that enables it to win a game, the losing team must then develop a strategy/style of play to combat that.

Stanford has not always been able to defeat Oregon's hunh. In fact, I can remember, not so long ago, when Oregon was curbstomping Stanford using the hunh. However, rather than try to influence a rule change, they developed a strategy/style of play that not only negated Oregon's hunh, but forced Oregon to play Stanford's game. The result? Stanford has now beaten Oregon 2 consecutive seasons and run more plays in both games.

So, it seems that if more teams follow the Stanford model, they can not only beat hunh teams, they can actually "flip the script" and end up running more plays than an hunh team.

That's two game example out of hundreds of thousands played. There are others to. I choose not to isolate on the exception whether it was a brilliant strategy that worked out with some and didn't with others. Oregon proved to not be as good as once thought last year AS was Alabama's defense. Everyone on here talking smack about Bama can't beat a HUNH yet they have and they also did not have a great defense. They were good at times but not great. They also lost to very good teams, HUNH or not! People can't seem to digest that part. :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's two game example out of hundreds of thousands played. There are others to. I choose not to isolate on the exception whether it was a brilliant strategy that worked out with some and didn't with others. Oregon proved to not be as good as once thought last year AS was Alabama's defense. Everyone on here talking smack about Bama can't beat a HUNH yet they have and they also did not have a great defense. They were good at times but not great. They also lost to very good teams, HUNH or not! People can't seem to digest that part. :noidea:

Wow!! Apparently you don't watch a lot of football.

Let's try a different approach:

Innovations happen in football all of the time. For example: Some OC will develop a strategy or offense that gives defenses fits. A fairly recent example is the "West Coast Offense". When that offense first was developed, it was tearing defenses up.

Defensive Coordinators then began trying to come up with ways to defend against it. At first, just a few DC's came up with ways to defend it. Then other DC's copied that and added their own twists. End result? While the West Coast Offense is still an effective offense, it is not the nightmare for DC's that it was when it first started being used and no rule change was needed for that to happen.

It should be the same with the hunh. Stanford (and a few other teams) have shown how to beat an hunh. You use your offense to control the ball/clock/number of plays and to give your defense a chance to rest. This also has the added benefit of not allowing the hunh offense to establish the rhythm/pace that they are looking for.

What I find hilarious with you 'Bama fans is that 'Bama runs the exact type of system that works best vs. the hunh. You play Stanford's style of football, only with better athletes. Yet, you defend your coach as he tries to influence a rule change instead figuring out how to defend it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, I'm sure it won't last long and you can all circle jerk to Saban some more in peace.

I just think it sucks that I'm in the process of losing one of my favorite places to visit. Oh well, good things never last I guess.

Oh get the Hell over it. If I can handle all the shit about Sandusky and Paterno you sure ought to be able to handle a little talk about St. Nick. What a damn pussy.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit!! Lane Kiffin has never looked like a fool!!:laugh3:

USC should never apologize for Kiffin. Southern Cal is an elite program and you guys had the balls to fix the problem. Hats off to the Trojans because that wasn't an easy thing to do.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh get the Hell over it. If I can handle all the shit about Sandusky and Paterno you sure ought to be able to handle a little talk about St. Nick. What a damn pussy.

^^^^^This in football terms is what you call a pancake block.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamafans,

As much as I am loathe to say that Saban could ever learn anything from Lane Kiffin, there are 2 "media incidents" from which Saban could actually learn something.

Remember the big controversy prior to the 2012 season when Kiffin said he wouldn't vote USC #1 and then did? Remember how the media and posters all over the sports message boards tore into him, calling him a liar, etc.? Kiffin tried a couple of times to explain what he had meant when he made the 1st statement and those only made matters worse.

This is what is happening to Saban right now. He made the statement he made and has been making things worse for himself by continually trying to explain himself.

Ironically, it is on this very topic that he should follow Kiffin's example. Prior to last season when the safety of the hunh topic came up, each PAC-12 coach was asked about it at the PAC-12 media day. Every PAC-12 coach except one said they didn't see it as an issue.

The one dissenting opinion? Lane Kiffin, of course. Essentially he said: I can see where that might be a concern and it might be worthy of a conversation.

Since it was Kiffin and it was a differing viewpoint from other coaches, the media and sports message board posters tried to make a big deal out of it. Kiffin never said another word about it and amazingly, the "story" died a quick death.

Just sayin'!!