• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't handle a little criticism? Hell, this is what the 5th thread ripping on Saban and Alabama fans?

You certainly cant when it comes to saban.

Can we agree saban doesnt like the hunh? Can we agree he claims its due to player safety? Can we agree this is a year rule changes can be made if it involves player safety? Can we agree saban plays like 7 hunh/spread teams next season? Can we agree sabans last 2 games were losses to hunh teams? Can we agree that every poster here wouldnt be pissed to have saban as their coach? Can we agree there isnt much to discuss in the offseason?

Add all that up and pretend you are not a bama fan....

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple of injuries as it relates to first round draft picks indicates a trend?

Are you serious?

Why are you limiting it to first round draft picks? Don't you realize that it comes off as a dishonest tactic?

There were 12 players noted in the article and didn't even include the extremely overweight Terrence Cody and his Man Boobs.

From the article.
That's 12 out of 14 players who faced significant injuries either in their later years at Alabama, or between the end of their career with the Tide, and before the start of their rookie season.
Now combine that history with this year's class:

• Cyrus Kouandjio failed several team physicals at the NFL Combine due to an arthritic condition in his knee from a failed surgery while at Alabama.
  • CJ Mosley has hip, elbow and shoulder concerns, as disclosed by Bryan Broaddus on dallascowboys.com this week.
  • Anthony Steen is recovering from labrum surgery.
So, the number of players mentioned is actually 15!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said is he doesn't give a fuck what your opinion is. Has nothing to do with him saying he is behind the rule - which your article posted here clearly states otherwise.

You mad bro?

Ya, you mad.

Maximum jimmies rustled overload.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its funny at what a laughing stock Saban has become by trying to get the rules changed to suit his style.

:lol:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think the only HUNH teams Alabama played in the past 2 years were the ones we lost too? Was LSU secretly running HUNH in 2011 as well?

Maybe the rank of those teams and that they were pretty damn good teams had something to do with it? Last 4 losses in the past 3 years:

#2 Auburn.
#6 Oklahoma
#5 Texas A&M
#2 LSU

I think I see a theme going here. When Alabama gets ass raped to a team like 8-5 Arizona, maybe I'll think the HUNH part has more to do with it.

It's kind of funny you mention Tennessee as not being able to do something as evidence, regardless of how bad they were. And yet Alabama shut out a HUNH team in Ole Miss last year that was borderline top25. DURRRRRR!

I'm still wondering why no one addressed this post. Those are some pretty damn good teams. Lets look deeper

Auburn had scored 21 points until tied it up on illegal pass play with less than a minuted to go.

LSU 9-6 no defensive struggles here

Texas A&M scored 29 not exactly a ton in today's world but great QB.

OU 45 but really 38. Last 7 came when defense ran it in from 8 yards out. Yes, 38 is alot but Bama had 520 yards and OU 420 so HUNH was actually out performed. QB had best game of career with accuracy.

The fact ALL these teams were very good might have something to do with it. Not thinking because they were HUNH teams is why the won?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its funny at what a laughing stock Saban has become by trying to get the rules changed to suit his style.

Over under on this exact post on all these threads is 1255. I'm taking the over! :yahoo:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4Down, repeat after me:

"Fuck you Mamba...count the Nattys"

/thread

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said earlier. This could be flipped so easily! Ya mad? Maximum jimmies rustled overload on this rule? :noidea:

No, not even you are mad. You are just going through the typical argument we have seen so many times. And vice versa, we the same, that other dude is mad. It's easy to tell with ol 4d20. I I like him for his postings and his anger outbursts.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No! Its for limiting plays to increase player safety. Thats why, since 97, he lobbied for the plus one cfp. I want a study to see how many plays that adds.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4Down, repeat after me:

"Fuck you Mamba...count the Nattys"

/thread

While true and no possible argument, I wouldn't stop.

This is about laughing at the coach of the best program in CFB.

Ya, that's it, no NATTY discussions necessary here.......
:bolt:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"60 cigs a day is ok, but 80 isn't..... Errr plays... Cigs.... Plays.... Oh fuck! I did it again..."

Nick Saban

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a 12 week clinical test, Saban and Bielema have concluded! running the HUNH causes cancer to defenses.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Typically when Oregon loses, the defense controls the tempo. Thus less plays on offense.

True. Last year vs. Stanford this is the breakdown of plays:

Oregon:

Pass attempts: 34

Rush attempts: 24

Total plays: 58

Stanford:

Pass attempts: 13

Rush attempts: 66

Total plays: 79

I don't think anyone here will ever confuse Stanford with an hunh offense. Yet, Stanford's non-hunh offense ran 21 more plays than Oregon which is pretty much the proto-type for hunh offenses.

Considering that Stanford is the bigger, more physical team, if we follow Saban's logic re: player safety, it seems that Oregon's defense had a much higher for potential injury than Stanford's.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban and Bert: "McDonald's makes children fat, but some peope do not think so. That means up tempo offenses are bad."

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Saban forgot the first rule of holes: when you're in one, quit digging. This is about losing, not safety. "

Colin Cowherd

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Last year vs. Stanford this is the breakdown of plays:

Oregon:

Pass attempts: 34

Rush attempts: 24

Total plays: 58

Stanford:

Pass attempts: 13

Rush attempts: 66

Total plays: 79

I don't think anyone here will ever confuse Stanford with an hunh offense. Yet, Stanford's non-hunh offense ran 21 more plays than Oregon which is pretty much the proto-type for hunh offenses.

Considering that Stanford is the bigger, more physical team, if we follow Saban's logic re: player safety, it seems that Oregon's defense had a much higher for potential injury than Stanford's.

Defend that JACK!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't handle a little criticism? Hell, this is what the 5th thread ripping on Saban and Alabama fans?

I thought this place had a tad higher standards and was actually the reason why I joined this forum over all the others I could have. Was I wrong?

Did you hold a press conference with 3 hats in front of you and then say: "I'm taking my talents to the hoop as you put on a sportshoopla hat?:whistle: