• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Day-osu needs time off

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

//Following Ohio State's 52-24 loss to Alabama, Ohio State head football coach Ryan Day said his team needed a break. "We need a break," said Day after the game. "We need to get away, the guys on this team need to see their families, and we all just need a break."

Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide having played five more games than Ohio State finished the season 13-0 and Saban was quick to point out that the to-do list for 2021 begins immediately.

"The to-do list started after the game last night," Saban said."Meetings with players, continue to have meetings with players, whether it's draft status or one of the other unusual things. The seniors can even come back if they want to come back next year. Talking to some of those guys."\\

The difference. The process never takes time off.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

//Following Ohio State's 52-24 loss to Alabama, Ohio State head football coach Ryan Day said his team needed a break. "We need a break," said Day after the game. "We need to get away, the guys on this team need to see their families, and we all just need a break."

Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide having played five more games than Ohio State finished the season 13-0 and Saban was quick to point out that the to-do list for 2021 begins immediately.

"The to-do list started after the game last night," Saban said."Meetings with players, continue to have meetings with players, whether it's draft status or one of the other unusual things. The seniors can even come back if they want to come back next year. Talking to some of those guys."\\

You know what's funny? That Saban refuses to play a true home & home with any good P5 program. It's always that "neutral site" nonsense. He almost never leaves the south for any big regular season games. :heh:

:trash:

In all seriousness though congrats on another national title. The Tide's offense this year was one of the most dangerous I've ever seen. Very impressive.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban hates his home life.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny? That Saban refuses to play a true home & home with any good P5 program. It's always that "neutral site" nonsense. He almost never leaves the south for any big regular season games. :heh:

In all seriousness though congrats on another national title. The Tide's offense this year was one of the most dangerous I've ever seen. Very impressive.

I think it makes sense to do what Saban does. Playing a game in Dallas, or in Atlanta, or some other recruiting hotbed allows him maximum exposure with recruits. He also gets to choose a new team every year, instead of playing the same team twice. A home and home doesn't really gain him anything in my opinion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it makes sense to do what Saban does. Playing a game in Dallas, or in Atlanta, or some other recruiting hotbed allows him maximum exposure with recruits. He also gets to choose a new team every year, instead of playing the same team twice. A home and home doesn't really gain him anything in my opinion.

Gotta disagree. Big time programs year in and year out invite top recruits to campus. When Ohio State was going after Beanie Wells USC flew him out to a game and he got to meet Snoop.

Saban's no dummy. He's the best coach in the country. But he knows his chances of losing a game go up greatly if he would ever play a true home & home with a highly ranked P5 program. But that doesn't take away from his coaching greatness.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. Big time programs year in and year out invite top recruits to campus. When Ohio State was going after Beanie Wells USC flew him out to a game and he got to meet Snoop.

Saban's no dummy. He's the best coach in the country. But he knows his chances of losing a game go up greatly if he would ever play a true home & home with a highly ranked P5 program. But that doesn't take away from his coaching greatness.

But you don't have to use an official visit if you invite the recruits to a game you are playing in their backyard, right? They can still come to a game on campus in an official visit that season, and it gets you double exposure....or am I wrong there?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama has the best paid players in all of college, so they can get away with this

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true! Bama has upcoming home-and-home series scheduled against Ohio St., Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma & others.

Thanks!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State- 2027 & 2028

Wisconsin- 2024 & 2025

Texas- 2022 & 2023

Oklahoma- 2032 & 2033

Doubt Saban's still coaching for the home & home with Ohio State or OK. He'll be 80 years old for the OK match up. He should still be in Tuscaloosa for the home & home with Texas & Wisky I would think. And I'd be surprised if Day's still in Columbus in 2027. Think he'll be in the NFL by then. That doesn't matter though. But how many true home & homes with decent P5 teams has he played so far since arriving at Bama? Not many I can remember.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on his health, his focus & his energy level, he could be here for one or both of the games in the Ohio St. series. He would be 77 or 78 then. I don't see him still being on the sidelines for the Oklahoma series, though.

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a fatal flaw with the Nicktator? Not big on the home and home? BBBBBWWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I guess BAMA should be stripped of every title and award then, huh? LOL!!!!!!

I go with the bigger exposure angle.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What difference are you referring to? Ohio State has had to deal with a lot of Covid.

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference are you referring to? Ohio State has had to deal with a lot of Covid.
I'll type slow, ok?
Saban is on the job and doesn't take breaks. Hence the dynasty.
And the only team/school that had to deal with the chirus is poor little ol oh st? Cry me a river. Everybody has had to deal with this in some form or other. Just some have managed this better. Heck, Saban missed the Iron Bowl. Nobody is immune.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you don't have to use an official visit if you invite the recruits to a game you are playing in their backyard, right? They can still come to a game on campus in an official visit that season, and it gets you double exposure....or am I wrong there?
Players can come to the game on their own dime buying their own ticket and can't have contact with the program.