• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh get the Hell over it. If I can handle all the shit about Sandusky and Paterno you sure ought to be able to handle a little talk about St. Nick. What a damn pussy.

Yeah, but Saban isn't tag teaming little boys in the shower with his assistants like Paterno was.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamafans,

As much as I am loathe to say that Saban could ever learn anything from Lane Kiffin, there are 2 "media incidents" from which Saban could actually learn something.

Remember the big controversy prior to the 2012 season when Kiffin said he wouldn't vote USC #1 and then did? Remember how the media and posters all over the sports message boards tore into him, calling him a liar, etc.? Kiffin tried a couple of times to explain what he had meant when he made the 1st statement and those only made matters worse.

This is what is happening to Saban right now. He made the statement he made and has been making things worse for himself by continually trying to explain himself.

Ironically, it is on this very topic that he should follow Kiffin's example. Prior to last season when the safety of the hunh topic came up, each PAC-12 coach was asked about it at the PAC-12 media day. Every PAC-12 coach except one said they didn't see it as an issue.

The one dissenting opinion? Lane Kiffin, of course. Essentially he said: I can see where that might be a concern and it might be worthy of a conversation.

Since it was Kiffin and it was a differing viewpoint from other coaches, the media and sports message board posters tried to make a big deal out of it. Kiffin never said another word about it and amazingly, the "story" died a quick death.

Just sayin'!!

The difference is Saban isn't the one who came up with this rule, nor did he have anything to do with the rule. Read the OP.

But that doesn't even matter. I don't give a shit if people like or dislike Saban. It's the hypocrisy and bullshit people say rather than actually discussing the topic I've been sick of. Nobody here cares about the facts, it's all about "trying to rustle jimmies" because the forum is nothing but ignorant haters now.

Online trolls really ARE horrible people, researchers find | Mail Online

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you Bama honks actually think there are too many injuries in the game as it stands today?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you Bama honks actually think there are too many injuries in the game as it stands today?

Yes they're are too many injuries but not more than in recent years. Football is a physical game and no matter how many plays are run injuries will happen. I don't think the HUNH is causing more injuries but it does raise the risk just a little bit IMO. Regardless injuries happen it is football after all.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is Saban isn't the one who came up with this rule, nor did he have anything to do with the rule. Read the OP.

But that doesn't even matter. I don't give a shit if people like or dislike Saban. It's the hypocrisy and bullshit people say rather than actually discussing the topic I've been sick of. Nobody here cares about the facts, it's all about "trying to rustle jimmies" because the forum is nothing but ignorant haters now.

Sounds like ya want your football and to go home now? You have always had the skin to stand and fight for your team, even I can say that. I think TF12 says it with his writings and I just don't see him bashing any Bama fans, just making his points in writing very well on the topic at hand. Saban's a great coach, we all get that, but even the best make small mistakes, were human. Humor trumps all and if ya can't see thru that then your brains fried.

amirite?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the truth doesn't matter right?

I never cried I was leaving a message board for anybody or any topic. If someone can't handle it maybe message boards aren't for them.

SportsHoopla, or any other message board for that matter = Time Killer.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down

Three National Championships at Alabama and more to come!!! Those are the only facts you need to know because lord knows you aint getting it from them! Quit banging your head on the wall. You can't make stupid people smart. Especially in here! Live by it! RTR friend!

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down

Three National Championships at Alabama and more to come!!! Those are the only facts you need to know because lord knows you aint getting it from them! Quit banging your head on the wall. You can't make stupid people smart. Especially in here! Live by it! RTR friend!

LOL at trying to predict the future and then calling it a fact.

And you call other people stupid. :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, the only difference is that Kiffin stated what he thought and then shut the hell up. Kiffin didn't come up with the rule either. He commented on it just like Saban did and said essentially the same thing.

Saban has commented on the hunh back in 2012, has given 2 or 3 different reasons why he doesn't like it and has been feeding the fire by trying to re-explain it.

Also, there has been no hypocrisy on the part of people defending the hunh. There have been people explaining why they are in favor it, there have been posters (myself included) who have even given examples of teams that have been successful against it and explained why they were successful.

'Bama fans have been in here saying it's all hate and jealousy and not presenting any facts as to what is wrong with it other than they don't like it.

As for "rustling jimmies", what do you expect when the standard response from 'Bama fans is that anyone who disagrees is a jealous hater.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never cried I was leaving a message board for anybody or any topic. If someone can't handle it maybe message boards aren't for them.

SportsHoopla, or any other message board for that matter = Time Killer.

It's not that people are doing it, it's about who is doing it.

And for the record, I know Paterno wasn't a part of it, and I actually thought he should stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the only difference is that Kiffin stated what he thought and then shut the hell up. Kiffin didn't come up with the rule either. He commented on it just like Saban did and said essentially the same thing.

Saban has commented on the hunh back in 2012, has given 2 or 3 different reasons why he doesn't like it and has been feeding the fire by trying to re-explain it.

Also, there has been no hypocrisy on the part of people defending the hunh. There have been people explaining why they are in favor it, there have been posters (myself included) who have even given examples of teams that have been successful against it and explained why they were successful.

'Bama fans have been in here saying it's all hate and jealousy and not presenting any facts as to what is wrong with it other than they don't like it.

As for "rustling jimmies", what do you expect when the standard response from 'Bama fans is that anyone who disagrees is a jealous hater.

Alabama/Saban has beat more HUNH teams than it's lost too, but facts like that aren't important. But the facts aren't important anymore so long as it can make someone mad, and that's the problem.

IMO, it's just dumb to think it's about the losses, as the losses had little to do with the HUNH part, but instead had everything to do with being good spread teams. As shown with Ole Miss, just being HUNH isn't going to get you points on the board.

But again, facts like that aren't important anymore. But Tennessee losing to Oregon, well that's all kind of proof. :noidea:

And that's what makes people jealous haters, because that is what jealous haters do - avoid/ignore the facts so long as it justifies their hate.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like ya want your football and to go home now? You have always had the skin to stand and fight for your team, even I can say that. I think TF12 says it with his writings and I just don't see him bashing any Bama fans, just making his points in writing very well on the topic at hand. Saban's a great coach, we all get that, but even the best make small mistakes, were human. Humor trumps all and if ya can't see thru that then your brains fried.

amirite?

No, I want an intelligent discussion where people care more about the facts of the discussion than trying to piss other people off for their own amusement.

Hell, my first posts here were getting onto other Bama fans who said our schedule didn't suck last year. If the shit is true, then I have no trouble dealing with it.

That I've been able to deal with such things in the past and that this has become different should be a hint that it's not just about people bashing Saban/Alabama. It's about people wanting to ignore things in order to get a laugh at the expense of others. I have no patience for such crap. When it's people like Moral Victory Bob, well it's not that big a deal because I know a ban is in their future. When the mods are actively engaging and encouraging it, well shit is fucked up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama/Saban has beat more HUNH teams than it's lost too, but facts like that aren't important. But the facts aren't important anymore so long as it can make someone mad, and that's the problem.

IMO, it's just dumb to think it's about the losses, as the losses had little to do with the HUNH part, but instead had everything to do with being good spread teams. As shown with Ole Miss, just being HUNH isn't going to get you points on the board.

But again, facts like that aren't important anymore. But Tennessee losing to Oregon, well that's all kind of proof. :noidea:

And that's what makes people jealous haters, because that is what jealous haters do - avoid/ignore the facts so long as it justifies their hate.

Not only has 'Bama beaten more hunh teams than they've lost to, they play the style that works best against the hunh. So why cry about it? Why try to influence a rule change?

Btw, I have never mentioned the losses and have stated that I'm not a fan of the hunh either. Am I jealous hater too.

Last edited by a moderator:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I want an intelligent discussion where people care more about the facts of the discussion than trying to piss other people off for their own amusement.

Hell, my first posts here were getting onto other Bama fans who said our schedule didn't suck last year. If the shit is true, then I have no trouble dealing with it.

That I've been able to deal with such things in the past and that this has become different should be a hint that it's not just about people bashing Saban/Alabama. It's about people wanting to ignore things in order to get a laugh at the expense of others. I have no patience for such crap. When it's people like Moral Victory Bob, well it's not that big a deal because I know a ban is in their future. When the mods are actively engaging and encouraging it, well shit is fucked up.

Then why respond to every single bit of it?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why respond to every single bit of it?

Yeah, I know, right.
They just cant let it go.
It's like they have to have the last word in it, and are upset when nobody lets that happen.

If you want everyone to play nice, go to the team board.