• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dangit!

So this whole time I have been a fan of imaginary football.

Between this and chasing a cryptid around the woods at night that everyone tells me doesn't exist....:doh:

I must be imaginary too....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life-long Bama fan, really think Saban needs to let this go.

Just find a way to counter high-tempo offenses; its not like the university is short on money for finding folks who can do so.

^^^THIS^^^

Several programs have already shown that they have managed to figure it out. Ironically, 'Bama plays the style of football that seems to work best vs. the hunh.

I see it kind of like playing a run and gun, fast break team in basketball. You can either get players who can run and gun with that team or you get players who slow the game down and use size and strength to beat them.

When Stanford beat Oregon this past season, they ran the ball 66 times and passed it 13 times. They literally "took the air out of the football" and they physically beat Oregon up. The end result was they ran 21 more plays than Oregon's hunh offense and won the game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dangit!

Between this and chasing a cryptid around the woods at night that everyone tells me doesn't exist....:doh:

Well even with the HUNH Oregon can't even beat Stanford, so I think so. Reality hits you hard bro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8T6UYZxNUQ]Songify This - Reality Hits You Hard Bro [Extended Version] - YouTube[/ame]

Sasquatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Me behind tree Mamba!

Find me, me want real existing

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is the first time I've ever known that only 2 styles of football exist. But if the only 2 styles of football that exist are HUNH and power football, then only 1 style of football is real football.

According to you, there is only 1 style of football, Alabama style.

If the HUNH was real football, it would get it's advantages from schemes rather than trying to catch the other team out of position by snapping the ball fast.

What you don't seem to understand is that the hunh does get it's advantage from a scheme. The whole point of the hunh is to get their players in open space. Getting players out of position and pressing advantages is what football schemes are about. The hunh seeks to get players out of position and take advantage of that.

Any offense tries to do that. Even 'Bama's power football approach has an element of getting players out of position. If it's not trying to set up a scheme to get a player to the edge or into an open space in the field, it's being bigger and stronger at certain positions and pressing that advantage.

The hunh just puts more pressure on the defense because they have to be more organized and quicker about substitutions. Not sure why some folks have so much trouble grasping that.

Just call me Oscar. The new and improved 4down20 on football.

:lol: At least you are maintaining your sense of humor.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dangit!

Been on any "snipe hunts" lately?:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just ill ol Oregon. The Ducks have always lost and don't make excuses when we do.

But hey, if yall can't handle losing to Auburn and the fear of future losses haunts your coach and fan base I got nothing for ya.

Sabs is skeered shitless of ol Gus.

7be21546.gif

Maybe Oregon should call Gus and see if he can help you guys win a game against decent competition.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7be21546.gif

Maybe Oregon should call Gus and see if he can help you guys win a game against decent competition.

Now there is an idea.

I do love me some Gus.

Should I wait 10 seconds before answering if he calls?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is an idea.

I do love me some Gus.

Should I wait 10 seconds before answering if he calls?

Nah, I think it's already pretty clear Oregon is desperate, no need to wait.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I think it's already pretty clear Oregon is desperate, no need to wait.

Lol. Desperate? Not hardly. Our fans are enjoying the most successful period of football in the programs history.

That is all I care about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Desperate? Not hardly. Our fans are enjoying the most successful period of football in the programs history.

That is all I care about.

And the award for the biggest pile of bullshit said in this thread goes too.....

Who cares about what you tell yourself to keep from going full OD after getting bent over year after year?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the award for the biggest pile of bullshit said in this thread goes too.....

Who cares about what you tell yourself to keep from going full OD after getting bent over year after year?

:lol:

Your chaffed anus is shining. But what you are trying to do, isn't working.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really expect people to believe you don't care that Oregon loses and your "just happy to be here" beauty pageant shit?

Relax. No need to be upset my man. Of course I am pissed when the Ducks lose and of course I want them to get another shot at a BCS/CFP title game.

I just am not one to cry, whine, and make excuses when they do lose. As a life time Oregon fan who has attended well over a hundred Duck games, my expectations are not going to be on the level of say..., an Alabama fan. And judging your fanbases reactions, ability to handle a loss, excuse making, lack of ability to reason with logic, and overall paranoia..... I am starting to believe that May be a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love talking CFB and am a huge fan, but still, I don't let my life worth hinge on whether my team wins every game and a NATTY.

I would be ecstatic if my team ever were to win it all. But I take quite a bit of enjoyment out of every single season of competition since I have been a die hard Oregon Ducks fan. Going on 30 years. And if you look at those years.... Lots of lean ones. Being there, supporting my team, tailgating with friends, cheering Oregon all the way no matter how bad or good the team is. That is my passion for my team.

When someone the likes of Deb is the Nation's spoke person for the Ducks.... Let's just say it has gone too far. Tying self worth to college kids is not my gig.