• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Ryder Cup 2018 Paris. Pick the result

Pick it.

• USA in a dominant win. The USA is stacked and Tiger will inspire the young guys.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • USA in a close win.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Euros crush us. Bloodbath bro. Or brue(French accent)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Euros in a close win.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be getting interesting here.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger needs to flip his match.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible way for the Thomas/McIlroy match to end, but it's the start the Americans needed to try and get back into this.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger has not come up big in another Ryder cup.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just awful. I thought it would at least be close.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not official...but it's over. It's just a matter how badly the US will lose by now.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another wipeout loss

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total destruction....I love it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger has not come up big in another Ryder cup.

0-4-0 Dude is too old to play 2 weeks in a row.

And Phil was one of the worst captains picks ever. He doesn't have the game to hang with any of these guys anymore. If you want him around, make him an assistant.

The best move Furyk could have made all weekend was stealing every driver out of the US bags.

I hear Reed is ripping Speith and Furyk for not reuniting that pair.

Captains picks next time better be chosen based on putting statistics... the US couldn't buy a putt this year.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Phil was one of the worst captains picks ever. He doesn't have the game to hang with any of these guys anymore. If you want him around, make him an assistant.

The best move Furyk could have made all weekend was stealing every driver out of the US bags.

Captains picks next time better be chosen based on putting statistics... the US couldn't buy a putt this year.

I was against Phil getting picked. He offered pretty much nothing to them.
I am starting to feel like Tiger is a liability for that team. Bench him until the singles each Ryder Cup. No one on the team would say that because they all worship him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this year proved a lot of things about the dominance of Europe especially when they play in Europe:

1. It just means so much more to the Europeans. If the US team had more players with the attitude & drive of Justin Thomas they would have had a much better shot.

2. The timing of this was pretty bad for many. You had guys finishing the Tour Championship late Sunday, flying across the Atlantic & practicing within a few days. Of course this was true for many guys on both sides. This won't be an issue moving fwd since the FedEx playoffs will be held much earlier.

3. The course knowledge factor for the Europeans was huge. Several of these guys have won on this course & I believe all of them have played there. With a course that has so much trouble that can be a real advantage.

4. Too much risk taking & ego by several of the Americans. Sometimes you just have to know when to play smart.

5. Need to somehow find players who are not only good but suited for this type of setup. The Europeans seem to have a knack for this. You probably can't do this because of their media pressure & results this season - but this team probably would have had a lot better shot if Tiger & Phil stayed home.

Oh well - I am not really sure if the American golfers & the American fans really care that much. I was very excited coming into the weekend for this one but started to lose interested quickly. Between the poor US performance, the insanely early viewing times & the excessive amt of commercials I didn't care too much about this at the end of the weekend.

Congrats to Europe - well done.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did hear too that Spieth asked out of that pairing with Reed. Maybe he did that because both players were in bad form?
If so I hope he would have said that to Reed before hand. Not sure he did.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked promising in the middle of singles but it collapsed quickly. They got 3.5 of the first 4 points and had a anywhere from a lead to one down in another six matches. Then all of a sudden they were losing everything.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did love watching rory look like an amateur on the 18th. He's now been taken out in the leadoff match two cups in a row in tough matches.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear too that Spieth asked out of that pairing with Reed. Maybe he did that because both players were in bad form?
If so I hope he would have said that to Reed before hand. Not sure he did.

Reed has probably taken "I don't care if people like me" thing a little too far. But I still don't know why you split up a winning pair. JT paired with anybody is a good matchup.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not official...but it's over. It's just a matter how badly the US will lose by now.

Congrats!...iirc you were for the Euros.

Really the ALT shot was almost enough right there...I think they won 6 points on that format.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this year proved a lot of things about the dominance of Europe especially when they play in Europe:

1. It just means so much more to the Europeans. If the US team had more players with the attitude & drive of Justin Thomas they would have had a much better shot.

2. The timing of this was pretty bad for many. You had guys finishing the Tour Championship late Sunday, flying across the Atlantic & practicing within a few days. Of course this was true for many guys on both sides. This won't be an issue moving fwd since the FedEx playoffs will be held much earlier.

3. The course knowledge factor for the Europeans was huge. Several of these guys have won on this course & I believe all of them have played there. With a course that has so much trouble that can be a real advantage.

4. Too much risk taking & ego by several of the Americans. Sometimes you just have to know when to play smart.

5. Need to somehow find players who are not only good but suited for this type of setup. The Europeans seem to have a knack for this. You probably can't do this because of their media pressure & results this season - but this team probably would have had a lot better shot if Tiger & Phil stayed home.

Oh well - I am not really sure if the American golfers & the American fans really care that much. I was very excited coming into the weekend for this one but started to lose interested quickly. Between the poor US performance, the insanely early viewing times & the excessive amt of commercials I didn't care too much about this at the end of the weekend.

Congrats to Europe - well done.

1....that's never going to change...the Euros have something that the USA and PRES Cup (world) teams are just never going to have. That burning desire to win the RC...yeah the USA will get that desire again, but it may be after 2 or 3 straight losses again.

2....those guys fly all over the world all the time so it sounds like an excuse, but having just flown over there recently...after an 8 hour flight and gaining 6 hours in time is a big deal for a short trip like that.

3....much bigger than I thought. The perfect course to neutralize the American power...it's been hosting the French Open for a decade plus so most of the Euros that play the Euro tour mostly have played it many times.

4....with so much water in play, and the rough being a huge factor...if Furyk had know this setup, would he have picked Tiger & Phil? Or Finau?

The Ryder Cup played in Europe has the same effect on my as the British Open...I can never dive into it...the time difference has a lot to do with it I guess...I watched a fair amount of the coverage, but did not watch much of the singles. With the time that it comes on over there and the replay coming on when football is on...Ryder Cup played in Europe is different.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1....that's never going to change...the Euros have something that the USA and PRES Cup (world) teams are just never going to have. That burning desire to win the RC...yeah the USA will get that desire again, but it may be after 2 or 3 straight losses again.

2....those guys fly all over the world all the time so it sounds like an excuse, but having just flown over there recently...after an 8 hour flight and gaining 6 hours in time is a big deal for a short trip like that.

3....much bigger than I thought. The perfect course to neutralize the American power...it's been hosting the French Open for a decade plus so most of the Euros that play the Euro tour mostly have played it many times.

4....with so much water in play, and the rough being a huge factor...if Furyk had know this setup, would he have picked Tiger & Phil? Or Finau?

The Ryder Cup played in Europe has the same effect on my as the British Open...I can never dive into it...the time difference has a lot to do with it I guess...I watched a fair amount of the coverage, but did not watch much of the singles. With the time that it comes on over there and the replay coming on when football is on...Ryder Cup played in Europe is different.

Good replies. Maybe just need to accept the fact that this just means more to the Europeans. I also feel that the home course & travel advantage favor the Europeans more because most of them live in the US for most of the year. They don't have to really travel much when the event is on US soil & they are also much more likely to have played on any given course in the US.

Oh well - no biggie - I stopped caring too much once it seemed like this one was over which basically was early on day 2. Time to focus on football.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good replies. Maybe just need to accept the fact that this just means more to the Europeans. I also feel that the home course & travel advantage favor the Europeans more because most of them live in the US for most of the year. They don't have to really travel much when the event is on US soil & they are also much more likely to have played on any given course in the US.

Oh well - no biggie - I stopped caring too much once it seemed like this one was over which basically was early on day 2. Time to focus on football.

Yeah, the Euros have rookies every season so the RC stays pretty fresh. Then you couple those guys with Euro RC staples like Sergio and Poulter that have a seemingly endless amount of energy for the RC.

This is the one event I really pull for golfers...it didn't go the way I was hoping...whattaya do? Gear up for 2020.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed has probably taken "I don't care if people like me" thing a little too far. But I still don't know why you split up a winning pair. JT paired with anybody is a good matchup.

I agree that JT would have won points with most of the US's players.
He was playing in good form, and very motivated.

I don't blame Reed for the me vs the world thing.
He uses it to pump himself up.