• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks aren't trading Russ. The only possible exception to that statement would be if he pulled a hold out, which would be strange considering his salary.

70 year old Pete Carroll has zero interest a rebuild. He actually went all-in last year (surprising considering the outcome) and he is doing the same this upcoming year. PC will be retiring within the next couple of years and all he wants is another run at a SB. If he felt that the team had no chance at that goal, then he would be gone and Russ would be on the block but it makes no sense in the current environment.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks aren't trading Russ. The only possible exception to that statement would be if he pulled a hold out, which would be strange considering his salary.

70 year old Pete Carroll has zero interest a rebuild. He actually went all-in last year (surprising considering the outcome) and he is doing the same this upcoming year. PC will be retiring within the next couple of years and all he wants is another run at a SB. If he felt that the team had no chance at that goal, then he would be gone and Russ would be on the block but it makes no sense in the current environment.
I've always stated the biggest obstacle to the Skins getting Russ would be you guys actually trading him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I 100% agree with you

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington fans are so delusional. 'If Washington lets division rival Philly steal Russ from them. It's gonna be hard for me to hold optimism for this team.' wrote one as if Russ was gonna go to Wash till Philly stole him.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why the Seahawks would trade him either, unless they were going into rebuild mode. They aren't going to win with him though, considering how good the rest of the NFC West is. If I'm not mistaken, both the niners and cardinals have a full compliment of draft picks and salary cap space with which to improve their team.

The wisest course of action for the Seahawks may just be trading RW for a king's ransom to somebody other than washington (hopefully), and rebuilding their oline, finding a running back, viable tight end, or improving their dline.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the wrong business, I'm bout to start a rumor that Ciara is doing a tour in Washington D.C. and Russell Wilson was spotted in Chinatown gallery place. That MUST mean seattle is gonna move on from Wilson

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stuff from the Seattle reporter. The headline from his conversation with Keim is that "a trade is unlikely."

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this a remember, geno smith ! Got it !

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington fans are so delusional. 'If Washington lets division rival Philly steal Russ from them. It's gonna be hard for me to hold optimism for this team.' wrote one as if Russ was gonna go to Wash till Philly stole him.
"Delusional" is being kind.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they though?

All of them?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they though?

All of them?
No! but too many of them are voicing their opinions so frequently that reasonable points of view are lost. Ex: hating "Commanders."

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say @Niner Outlaw you bring a lot to this board. Come on over to the darkside. Commanders baby! Lol
I'm glad I can participate in such an active, informed board. Ya'll have a lot of diverse opinions and since i live in the South and cheer for a west coast team, it's good to check out the East coast football thoughts. I've been a Niner fan since I was 5 or 6. I was a Chiefs fan during Montana's years there, but that's as far as I've ever strayed.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RW plans on playing another 10 years, he is not doing that in Seattle.
A fair, but not necessarily factual statement. Assuming one way or the other is only speculation.

I state again:
*Pete Carroll is 70 years old. He will be retiring in the next several years. He has zero interest in a rebuild. He and Schneider (GM) went "all in" last year to admitably poor results, but he still has the job and there is no indication that he will be blowing up the roster.
If PC had retired or been canned, then trading Russ would most definitely be the way forward. But PC trading Russ at this point makes no sense at all as it would leave the team in "win now" mode without a franchise QB.
*Additionally, Wilson is under a reworked contract for 2 more years and has no real leverage. The only leverage he would have is a firm hold out but I don't really see him doing that at this point.
*In regards to his contract, trading Wilson now would leave an additional $26 million cap hit. This, again, makes zero sense to a coach turning 71 years old in Sept. who is in "win now" mode. That $26 million in dead money would destroy their cap, kill the '22-23 season and force start a rebuild that the coach and FO don't want.

Next year? Maybe, if things go badly for Seattle next season. The smart money would be to revisit this topic next offseason where the plausibility somewhat ramps up.

The "experts" know this but they need something to talk about to keep peoples' attention. I would think that they would wait until after the SB when things actually get slow, but here we are discussing this as if it were an actual possibility when the reality is that it makes no sense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fair, but not necessarily factual statement. Assuming one way or the other is only speculation.

I state again:
*Pete Carroll is 70 years old. He will be retiring in the next several years. He has zero interest in a rebuild. He and Schneider (GM) went "all in" last year to admitably poor results, but he still has the job and there is no indication that he will be blowing up the roster.
If PC had retired or been canned, then trading Russ would most definitely be the way forward. But PC trading Russ at this point makes no sense at all as it would leave the team in "win now" mode without a franchise QB.
*Additionally, Wilson is under a reworked contract for 2 more years and has no real leverage. The only leverage he would have is a firm hold out but I don't really see him doing that at this point.
*In regards to his contract, trading Wilson now would leave an additional $26 million cap hit. This, again, makes zero sense to a coach turning 71 years old in Sept. who is in "win now" mode. That $26 million in dead money would destroy their cap, kill the '22-23 season and force start a rebuild that the coach and FO don't want.

Next year? Maybe, if things go badly for Seattle next season. The smart money would be to revisit this topic next offseason where the plausibility somewhat ramps up.

The "experts" know this but they need something to talk about to keep peoples' attention. I would think that they would wait until after the SB when things actually get slow, but here we are discussing this as if it were an actual possibility when the reality is that it makes no sense.
Hence my refrain “ call me when it happens “ . Why would they trot out Geno Smith and say road to super bowl .

We are getting a Mitch Trubisky or Winston or MM and a draft pick QB

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence my refrain “ call me when it happens “ . Why would they trot out Geno Smith and say road to super bowl .

We are getting a Mitch Trubisky or Winston or MM and a draft pick QB
.. and a new head coach!!