• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's keep in mind Russell Wilson has proudly peddled a fraud with his "miracle water", has attributed ridiculous things to divine intervention, divorced his wife as soon as he hit the big time, says God spoke to him, has made homophobic comments in the past, and is generally thought of as a massive tool by many.

The guy has a solid brand...but if you want to look a little deeper, it's kind of a joke.

Does he know how to conduct himself better than Cam, RGIII or Kaep at a podium? No doubt. But for some of the hero worship he gets...spare me.

Homohobic remarks, huh? Surely you can prove that?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To appreciate Russell Wilson you need to watch Cam Newton or RGIII or Colin Kaepernick. The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic.

I see a guy who gets it and has had one of the best if not the best first 4 seasons to start a career. And, I'm a Niner.

Wilson is a baller. He thrives in adversity. Those others are front runners that love the limelight when things are going well, but cant take negative pub when its not. They get too high when theyre winning, and too low when they lose. Wilson is the definition of even-keeled.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is a baller. He thrives in adversity. Those others are front runners that love the limelight when things are going well, but cant take negative pub when its not. They get too high when theyre winning, and too low when they lose. Wilson is the definition of even-keeled.

You nailed it.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one NOT started by a Seahawk fan...

What I don't grt is why if you're tired of talking about you are here, hmmmm? I've never talked about here before so since others have I can't, why?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homohobic remarks, huh? Surely you can prove that?

Wow, his reputation manager really scrubbed that one. I used to be able to find this link on the first page in a google search. He did an interview where he was against gay marriage, said a few other things (I think nwith some church organization in Seattle)...and then (after a meeting with his PR guy surely) he promptly backtracked and has since said only PC things on the issue, without coming out and supporting it.

Anyways, the dude is a tool to me. I don't buy his celibacy act, or his "miracle water" healing properties BS. I think he's a smart guy that is committed to a very PC brand, which is fine. I think he's a fine guy for kids to look up to. But since we are adults here...he doesn't quite make my "most impressive people" list. If he makes yours...so be it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, his reputation manager really scrubbed that one. I used to be able to find this link on the first page in a google search. He did an interview where he was against gay marriage, said a few other things (I think nwith some church organization in Seattle)...and then (after a meeting with his PR guy surely) he promptly backtracked and has since said only PC things on the issue, without coming out and supporting it.

Anyways, the dude is a tool to me. I don't buy his celibacy act, or his "miracle water" healing properties BS. I think he's a smart guy that is committed to a very PC brand, which is fine. I think he's a fine guy for kids to look up to. But since we are adults here...he doesn't quite make my "most impressive people" list. If he makes yours...so be it.

Lol

Just say youre full of shit. It would be far less pathetic than claiming that such inflamatory remarks were just completely removed from the internet.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about all that, but I do know it's tough to stay squeaky clean these days. If you aren't somebody will prove it somehow on you.

Ask Bill Cosby.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all that, but I do know it's tough to stay squeaky clean these days. If you aren't somebody will prove it somehow on you.

Ask Bill Cosby.

Just think of all the trouble Bill could have avoided if he would have just asked Wilson to borrow his key to the internet.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cam does not know how to conduct himself out in the world. Cam had one slip up after losing the biggest game of his life ( Most people already stop caring about that) and he's all of sudden some bad guy

McManus: Cam Newton's passion for helping kids is real

Cam Newton Foundation | Every 1 Matters | Cam Newton Foundation

Cam Newton wins prestigious award a day after fan calls him 'classless'

"all of a sudden"?
-he was called out as arrogant and acted as he owned the show in his first pro bowl and many NFL players disliked him then and even more so now.

-Countless times he's torn up thousands of dollars of fan merchandise with no ramifications for his actions. Most people pay fines or go to jail for destroying and stealing others property.

-He had Scamgate in college where his dad accepted money on his behalf for college

-He stole a laptop in college

-His antics on the field are viewed as childish

-He dresses like a child

Their is endless amounts of incidents like this which tarnish the reputation you would like to portray. He can change but he has a long road ahead of him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares how he dresses? That's your lamest point. There are a lot of professional athletes who dressing style is questionable. You can't tell people how to dress.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To appreciate Russell Wilson you need to watch Cam Newton or RGIII or Colin Kaepernick. The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic.

I see a guy who gets it and has had one of the best if not the best first 4 seasons to start a career. And, I'm a Niner.

Best post I've ever seen from a 49ers fan. :10:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because others before me have talked about this I can't being new here....why? So why are you even in this thread?

And I'm a Niner fan, wife a Raider, son a Bills.

Nothing personal, just seems like we have a Wilson appreciation thread every week.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares how he dresses? That's your lamest point. There are a lot of professional athletes who dressing style is questionable. You can't tell people how to dress.

WHAT?? It's called a dress code. It's utilized in many professional businesses including sports. Have you been living under a rock or have you never worked before?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT?? It's called a dress code. It's utilized in many professional businesses including sports. Have you been living under a rock or have you never worked before?

Did you ever read one post that he ever broke Panthers dress code? If you can provide an article about him breaking any dress code for the Carolina Panthers you need to shut the fuck up. I have not heard anything about Newton ever breaking any dress code.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal, just seems like we have a Wilson appreciation thread every week.

Well it is nice to have a professional athlete that isn't all me me I I I with lame dance moves, tatoos, arrogant actions, with many idiotic statements. The guy is a solid teammate, humble, hard worker, leader, student of the game, takes responsibility for his actions, and is an elite player. I'm not just saying this because he's was UW player either. You can ask any fan on the UW boards how much I critique the current QB.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is nice to have a professional athlete that isn't all me me I I I with lame dance moves, tatoos, arrogant actions, with many idiotic statements. The guy is a solid teammate, humble, hard worker, leader, student of the game, takes responsibility for his actions, and is an elite player. I'm not just saying this because he's was UW player either. You can ask any fan on the UW boards how much I critique the current QB.

I get it, I never said there was anything wrong with him. Just don't think we need a weekly thread on him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rate my post bullshit because you can't pull anything out of your ass where Cam ever broke the Carolina Panthers dress code

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, I never said there was anything wrong with him. Just don't think we need a weekly thread on him.

LOL, I don't mind it if it's coming from fans of other teams which is the ultimate compliment. However, I can see how it can become nauseating. Freedom of speech is a great thing and if you don't like seeing them then just don't read it.