• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he the only player to celebrate first downs? I've seen Tom Brady celebrate first downs after running for a first down. Stop the nonsense. Everyone wants to make special rules for Cam. He's the only player not allowed to celebrate a first down or TD but its ok when any other player does the same

Nope. Everyone sees Cam as a poor winner/sore loser. He is a showboater and people don't like that. So when he dabs after a first down but puts a towel over his head when they are losing, people view him negatively.

These aren't special rules. Lots of people hate Tom Brady for lots of reasons including being a sore loser. Look at all the people trying to condemn Peyton Manning over something he did when he was 19 years old. I don't see a lot of people talking about Cam's indiscretions when he was a teenager.

QBs are treated differently than other positions. They get paid a LOT more than anyone else and because of that they get a lot more scrutiny. If Johnny Manziel were a wide receiver no one would care about his partying.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he the only player to celebrate first downs? I've seen Tom Brady celebrate first downs after running for a first down. Stop the nonsense. Everyone wants to make special rules for Cam. He's the only player not allowed to celebrate a first down or TD but its ok when any other player does the same
Don't act like you don't know what everyone is talking about. It's not only about the first down or TD celebrations and you know it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Everyone sees Cam as a poor winner/sore loser. He is a showboater and people don't like that. So when he dabs after a first down but puts a towel over his head when they are losing, people view him negatively.

These aren't special rules. Lots of people hate Tom Brady for lots of reasons including being a sore loser. Look at all the people trying to condemn Peyton Manning over something he did when he was 19 years old. I don't see a lot of people talking about Cam's indiscretions when he was a teenager.

QBs are treated differently than other positions. They get paid a LOT more than anyone else and because of that they get a lot more scrutiny. If Johnny Manziel were a wide receiver no one would care about his partying.

We have a different views on a poor winner. Football is a kids game. People are going to celebrate. I judge guys in how they are when they speak to the media afterwards. I have seen nothing for Cam in post game pressers that would make me consider him a poor winner.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We got our ass kicked today, and to a lot of degree, we deserved it, especially the type of way we played," he said, per NFL.com's Marc Sessler. "Offensively, defensively and special teams. And I'm talking with the mirror in front of my face. There were some plays that we left out there, we knew it."

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To appreciate Russell Wilson you need to watch Cam Newton or RGIII or Colin Kaepernick. The difference in class and how to conduct yourself with the media and out in the world is dramatic.

I see a guy who gets it and has had one of the best if not the best first 4 seasons to start a career. And, I'm a Niner.

Well, let's keep in mind Russell Wilson has proudly peddled a fraud with his "miracle water", has attributed ridiculous things to divine intervention, divorced his wife as soon as he hit the big time, says God spoke to him, has made homophobic comments in the past, and is generally thought of as a massive tool by many.

The guy has a solid brand...but if you want to look a little deeper, it's kind of a joke.

Does he know how to conduct himself better than Cam, RGIII or Kaep at a podium? No doubt. But for some of the hero worship he gets...spare me.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, it's okay my friend. We all use the term "move along". It's just part of Sportshoopla. Welcome aboard. You will learn to acquire a thicker skin over time. :suds:

Thank you my friend.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a different views on a poor winner. Football is a kids game. People are going to celebrate. I judge guys in how they are when they speak to the media afterwards. I have seen nothing for Cam in post game pressers that would make me consider him a poor winner.

That's fine. You are not obligated to see anything wrong with anything he does. Other people do. Just like Patriot fans think that Tom Brady can do no wrong.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in order to appreciate Wilson, you need to compare him to one of those three clowns? 90% of the QB's in the league have more class than those QB's.

We have heard ad nauseam about the "class" of RW on these boards. Being that you are new to the hoop, you may not have known that. So you get a pass on this one.

I was actualy going more with age. He appears to ne more mature.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing with grace & humility is not something you are born with. It takes time & circumstances to shape your character. Hopefully Cam will learn from this. Unfortunately, after watching years of his antics on the sidelines, this won't come easy for him.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in order to appreciate Wilson, you need to compare him to one of those three clowns? 90% of the QB's in the league have more class than those QB's.

We have heard ad nauseam about the "class" of RW on these boards. Being that you are new to the hoop, you may not have known that. So you get a pass on this one.

I've never understood this..."talked about before"...of course it's been talked about before, what hasn't? But..I...have never talked about here before.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. You are not obligated to see anything wrong with anything he does. Other people do. Just like Patriot fans think that Tom Brady can do no wrong.

Never said that. I'm just not one to cry about a player or team having fun on the football field. If you have an issue with it all you need to do is stop them and kick their ass. I'm all for players having fun on the football field as long as you don't get your panties in a bunch when the opponent does the same to you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's keep in mind Russell Wilson has proudly peddled a fraud with his "miracle water", has attributed ridiculous things to divine intervention, divorced his wife as soon as he hit the big time, says God spoke to him, has made homophobic comments in the past, and is generally thought of as a massive tool by many.

Other than you, who are the people that think Russell Wilson is a tool? Percy Harvin? I love how you choose to make a personal judgment on his divorce. Because you know so much about him. And what were his homophobic comments?

Does he know how to conduct himself better than Cam, RGIII or Kaep at a podium? No doubt. But for some of the hero worship he gets...spare me.

Such BS, isn't it?

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do yoiu edit theads here. I am used to posting then fixing all my mistakes. Look at that mess up there, sheesh~~~~

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing with grace & humility is not something you are born with. It takes time & circumstances to shape your character. Hopefully Cam will learn from this. Unfortunately, after watching years of his antics on the sidelines, this won't come easy for him.

I think people are making it a huge deal. They were defeated 9 times last year. I have a hard time believing that he did not lose with humility and grace last season. I never played professional sports but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that losing in a championship time is extremely difficult.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do yoiu edit theads here. I am used to posting then fixing all my mistakes. Look at that mess up there, sheesh~~~~

You can't until you post 40 or 50 times I believe

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. I'm just not one to cry about a player or team having fun on the football field. If you have an issue with it all you need to do is stop them and kick their ass. I'm all for players having fun on the football field as long as you don't get your panties in a bunch when the opponent does the same to you.

I have no problem with people celebrating.

And you're right. Players should shut those players up with their play on the field.

Newton DOES get his panties bunched up. All the time. Steve Smith calling him out on the sidelines. Getting into fights with Josh Norman. Pouting on the sidelines whenever they lose. Unless he changes his attitude, Cam Newton will never be a guy that will take his team on his back and come back from adversity.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy has a solid brand...but if you want to look a little deeper, it's kind of a joke.

Hero worship or appreciating his cool and ability?

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson left the NCAA as the all time passing eficency leader for a season and a record 38 games with a TD pass.

Once he stepped off the plane in Seattle he beats out the big $$$$ guy then precedes to do things never seen before, like...

win more games (in 4 seasons)
post a 100 QB rating in his first two seasons
4000/50/500 in a season

Now add...

playoff win in every season
stats on a par with HOFers
comes within a yard of winning two SB's in his first three seasons
his 110.1 QB rating lead the NFL in 2015
three time pro bowler

What's to criticize, what's not to like?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are making it a huge deal. They were defeated 9 times last year. I have a hard time believing that he did not lose with humility and grace last season. I never played professional sports but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that losing in a championship time is extremely difficult.

Consistently hiding under a towel when difficult circumstances are present, is not losing with grace or humility. It's hiding. It's telling people that I don't want you to see me. As the face of a franchise, hiding from adversity is not a good look.

I've already explained in the pre-SB Cam thread that he has douchey tendencies that other douchey people like Cam doing the douchey things that he does.

That is why I think he will have a hard time changing his character. It is who he is.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between RW & Cam, is what is between their ears.