• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the guys he's throwing to. Willson, Kearse, Baldwin, Richardson (who was starting to look good until he got injured), Percy Fucking Harvin, ... How about the o-line? You know, the one that's basically a revolving door with all the injuries?

I like our players. But if the Colts just wanted to straight up swap every thing besides Wilson and Lynch then I'd be into it. So spare me the whole "gee, he has so much to work with" line of BS because as far as playing his position he's had nothing but lemons. I like Kearse and Baldwin. But they aren't #1 threats. They're 2 solid #2 #3 option guys. And those two have been the staple of the receiving corp for the last two seasons.

You mean offensively though right ? Because I wouldn't want too swap Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor and the rest of that D for nothing!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean offensively though right ? Because I wouldn't want too swap Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor and the rest of that D for nothing!

Yeah, just offensive. There isn't enough crack in the world to trade away this defense.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the guys he's throwing to. Willson, Kearse, Baldwin, Richardson (who was starting to look good until he got injured), Percy Fucking Harvin, ... How about the o-line? You know, the one that's basically a revolving door with all the injuries?

I like our players. But if the Colts just wanted to straight up swap every thing besides Wilson and Lynch then I'd be into it. So spare me the whole "gee, he has so much to work with" line of BS because as far as playing his position he's had nothing but lemons. I like Kearse and Baldwin. But they aren't #1 threats. They're 2 solid #2 #3 option guys. And those two have been the staple of the receiving corp for the last two seasons.
:rolleyes2: Colts O-line ranked 21 in pass protect vs. Seahawks at 18 so spare me the o-line is shit. They both were below average.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2: Colts O-line ranked 21 in pass protect vs. Seahawks at 18 so spare me the o-line is shit. They both were below average.

Did you watch the fucking games? Look at the injuries, look at how many time Wilson had to pull it down and run for his life. He made the line look better than it was because if a pocket passer was in there he wouldn't last 8 games. Lynch made them look better too because if his yards after first contact.

But please continue to tell everyone how easy it is for Wilson to do what he does behind a patched up offensive line with nothing near a #1 option to get the ball to.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the fucking games? Look at the injuries, look at how many time Wilson had to pull it down and run for his life. He made the line look better than it was because if a pocket passer was in there he wouldn't last 8 games. Lynch made them look better too because if his yards after first contact.

But please continue to tell everyone how easy it is for Wilson to do what he does behind a patched up offensive line with nothing near a #1 option to get the ball to.
Please show where I have put Wilson down once? I've praised the dude and really respect him. Putting words in my mouth bro. Im just giving you the PFF ranks to show they BOTH had shitty lines. No where have I said he has it easy. You're going full homer right now, I'm not trying to hate on RW or the Hawks right now chill out.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me, but I think Seahawk receivers have been vastly underrated. Every time I see them, they're making amazing catches. Their stats just don't reflect it because of the system they play in.

I mean, look at a guy like Golden Tate. Decent but not great numbers while in Seattle but always seemed to make a big time catch when I saw him. Then he goes to Detroit and goes for 1300 yards.

'Hawk fans, you know your team better than I know them. Am I wrong?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me, but I think Seahawk receivers have been vastly underrated. Every time I see them, they're making amazing catches. Their stats just don't reflect it because of the system they play in.

I mean, look at a guy like Golden Tate. Decent but not great numbers while in Seattle but always seemed to make a big time catch when I saw him. Then he goes to Detroit and goes for 1300 yards.

Tate was our most sure receiver... I hated losing him... I think Russ was at his best when we had Tate, Rice and Miller at TE .... Once we lost all of those guy's our receiver corp was a bit skeptical... I like Baldwin he's sure handed, but other than that we had very average guy's ... Kearse was killing me last year, he might make some spectacular catches only to turn around and pooch 2 easy ones ... Just look at the NFC title game, he was AWFUL and the only catch he had all day was the game winner... 2 picks came off Kearse pooching slant routes right off his hands.... He also pooched a HUGE 3rd down vs the Pats when we were up 10 deep in their territory... EASY catch right off his hands... Our lack of good receivers showed itself last year... Losing Tate was MASSIVELY big for us ... such a scrappy receiver...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show where I have put Wilson down once? I've praised the dude and really respect him. Putting words in my mouth bro. Im just giving you the PFF ranks to show they BOTH had shitty lines. No where have I said he has it easy. You're going full homer right now, I'm not trying to hate on RW or the Hawks right now chill out.

I don't care about the rankings. I watched the fucking games. You keep talking about how he has anything that Luck would like to have to work with, when the truth is there's absolutely nothing besides Lynch. If you could build a line around Okung and Unger it would be awesome, but that means they have to actually be fit to play, which they aren't. It's a testament to both of them that they're able to get anything done given the injuries to the offensive line and the fact that the playbook had to be thrown out mid-season because that bitch Harvin showed his true colors.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pretty easy: Detroit is behind a lot, so they chuck it 40 times a game. Seattle is ahead a lot, has a great defense, and they only throw it about 25 times a game as a result. If you look at Tate's ypc in Detroit vs his most recent year in Seattle, I'm guessing it's about the same. He just gets lots more opportunities as a Lion, especially this past season when Megatron was banged up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy: Detroit is behind a lot, so they chuck it 40 times a game. Seattle is ahead a lot, has a great defense, and they only throw it about 25 times a game as a result. If you look at Tate's ypc in Detroit vs his most recent year in Seattle, I'm guessing it's about the same. He just gets lots more opportunities as a Lion, especially this past season when Megatron was banged up.

I think the question though is more geared towards did Seattle really have that bad of receivers especially when they had Tate as he put up top level #1 receiver type numbers when he actually got into a passing offense. Seattle fans keep talking about how Wilson just hasn't had the weapons in the pass game to really show what he can do as a passer yet at least with Tate it looked like he was at worst a top end #2 type receiver and possibly a #1 for quite a few teams in the league. Heck when Megatron went down with injury Tate's numbers just kept going so it wasn't just because he had a great receiver across from him.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of stat is that? Just wondering what "pass protect" entails.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What got me thinking about this is Russell's contract situation.

Tom has the titles, Peyton has the stats and money. Peyton, 1st overall pic, Brady 5th round.

Russell will never catch luck money wise and Luck will probably always have the stats, but Wilson has been to 2 superbowls. Luck, 1st overall, Russell 3rd round.

Brady has the stats too, keep in mind he has played 3 less seasons. Both Brady and Manning only 2 QB's that have both 5000 yard and 50 td seasons under their belts

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has the stats too, keep in mind he has played 3 less seasons. Both Brady and Manning only 2 QB's that have both 5000 yard and 50 td seasons under their belts
I'm not trying to discount Brady, but it took Randy Moss and the 50td season to be percieved as THE offense in New England. Where it seems Peyton was giving the offense from day 1. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it just perception.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of stat is that? Just wondering what "pass protect" entails.

Well for PFF they have a grading scale for each play where a player can get anywhere from a -2 to a +2. So these guys watch every single play for every single player in the league and give them a grade on every play then add it up for the individual game and then for the season to get a total. 0 is considered what an average player would do on a given play and obviously +2 is the best a player could have done on a given play. So according to PFF they would say that overall the Colts have a worse OL in pass protection than that of Seattle.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to discount Brady, but it took Randy Moss and the 50td season to be percieved as THE offense in New England. Where it seems Peyton was giving the offense from day 1. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it just perception.

And it took Manning his 16h season to break either one ( 14 years in dome). Brady did the 50 tds in his 7th season and 5000 yards in his 11th. Also Brady has 3 4800+ seasons, Manning has 1. So take away the season with Moss and he still is there for stats. Moss for 1 full season an now hopefully a healthy Gronk vs Harrison,Wayne, Faulk,Edge

Brady/Manning doubt we will see another QB rivalry like that. Bird/Magic Ali/Frazier

Last edited:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it took Manning his 16h season to break either one ( 14 years in dome). Brady did the 50 tds in his 7th season and 5000 yards in his 11th. Also Brady has 3 4800+ seasons, Manning has 1. So take away the season with Moss and he still is there for stats. Moss for 1 full season an now hopefully a healthy Gronk vs Harrison,Wayne, Faulk,Edge

Brady/Manning doubt we will see another QB rivalry like that. Bird/Magic Ali/Frazier
Man, it's a good thing that you're here to defend Brady! Without ya everybody would think he was a total scrub.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question though is more geared towards did Seattle really have that bad of receivers especially when they had Tate as he put up top level #1 receiver type numbers when he actually got into a passing offense. Seattle fans keep talking about how Wilson just hasn't had the weapons in the pass game to really show what he can do as a passer yet at least with Tate it looked like he was at worst a top end #2 type receiver and possibly a #1 for quite a few teams in the league. Heck when Megatron went down with injury Tate's numbers just kept going so it wasn't just because he had a great receiver across from him.
I liked Tate when he was here, even when his production wasn't significant his first two years. He had good hands and excellent wiggle that helped his yac. But if you look on the whole for the last 3 seasons, I think it's tough to dispute that Wilson hasn't had a whole lot to work with in the passing game. The 2 WRs who caught TDs in SB48 were not drafted. All of the top 4 WRs from SB49 were undrafted. A lot of us are looking forward to seeing what happens when a more seasoned RW has a legit top flight target to throw to in Graham.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the original point of the comparison is that Brady after his third year in the league (which is what RW just finished) Was not the Brady you know today. Brady won his first 2 rings on the backs of a great defense. Go look at Bradys stats his first 3 years next to RW's and theiy are very similar.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the original point of the comparison is that Brady after his third year in the league (which is what RW just finished) Was not the Brady you know today. Brady won his first 2 rings on the backs of a great defense. Go look at Bradys stats his first 3 years next to RW's and theiy are very similar.

No I know that Wazzu. Brady and Wilson can put up big no#s when needs. I know Wilson had 109 TD's in college. They are smart , atkes what the D's give them, make few turnovers, and dont tire out the D. But your right they did have decent D'sthier first 3-4 years but you still need a decent QB, not just a game manager. Brady the statue did it with his arm and Wilson is so good with his legs that he not only extends plays, but uusually will get it off to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th option, with that shitty 0-line . I dont want a guy who has 27 int but puts up 4k for yards. When Brady didnt have the D he put up huge no#s and Wilson can do the same thing, need be