• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing about whether he is No. 1 or No. 2 is really academic.

Do you consider Tate to be a guy that commands double coverage?

I would argue that his 4 TDs suggest that he really isn't a true No. 1 receiver. He is a damn good receiver that can make big time catches, especially in jump ball situations.

I would say there are only about 5 to maybe 10 receivers in the NFL that you could say demand double coverage. So I wouldn't say that Tate falls into that category per say but I would say he is in that next group of receivers in the NFL. I would also say he brings a different skill set that Red Zone area is probably not his strong point. Wes Welker falls in that same category of a guy that didn't score a ton of touchdowns but was huge for the Patriots for quite a few years. DeSean Jackson is another that fits into that category. Jackson is one I would call a #1 WR but it doesn't mean he is a top tier WR.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I would probably put Tate into the 2nd tier as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hear a lot of "Wilson's receivers aren't any good" arguments, mostly from Seahawk fans, but not always. It leaves me scratching my head a bit. I understand that it's usually being said to praise Wilson, as though to say that he's able to do so much for the offense without having much to work with outside of Lynch.

And don't get me wrong, Wilson is an awesome quarterback. But I think your receivers have been vastly underrated, and maybe even thrown under the bus. When Golden Tate was on the team, I heard the same arguments: "Seattle doesn't have any good receivers". I always liked him and thought he played exceptionally well given the system that he's in. The exact same thing can be said of Baldwin in my opinion. The dude can ball. If he was on a passing team, I can easily see him putting up big numbers.
You can say the same about Kearse. I've watched him make multiple catches along the side line having to keep his toes in bounds. On a passing team I think he's a huge threat. Also why didn't it work with Harvin? Harvins' skills didn't deminish they just didn't use him properly IMHO. They tried bubble screening and plays behind the LOS. Some may argue that PC kept the training wheels on RW?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say the same about Kearse. I've watched him make multiple catches along the side line having to keep his toes in bounds. On a passing team I think he's a huge threat. Also why didn't it work with Harvin? Harvins' skills didn't deminish they just didn't use him properly IMHO. They tried bubble screening and plays behind the LOS. Some may argue that PC kept the training wheels on RW?
Kearse does not have as good of hands as Tate or Baldwin. That is my perception as a fan and believe Kearse has a higher drop ratio. Tate was a second round draft pick. Baldwin and Kearse UDFA's.
Why didn't it work with Harvin? I'm not too sure and can easily speculate on many angles. I'm not sure who knows anything about Percy's results on the field as a Seahawk.
I however do believe he was instrumental in causing some problems in ways other than his play on the field.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse does not have as good of hands as Tate or Baldwin. That is my perception as a fan and believe Kearse has a higher drop ratio. Tate was a second round draft pick. Baldwin and Kearse UDFA's.
Why didn't it work with Harvin? I'm not too sure and can easily speculate on many angles. I'm not sure who knows anything about Percy's results on the field as a Seahawk.
I however do believe he was instrumental in causing some problems in ways other than his play on the field.
Totally agree on the Harvin response. I agree Kearse does drop some balls kind of like Luke Wilson. They both seem to drop easy ones. Maybe it's a lack of concentration? But Kearse consistetently makes great side line catches. I would've gladly taken him over the majority of #3 WR Brady had. No slam on anyone. I just like Kearse game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on the Harvin response. I agree Kearse does drop some balls kind of like Luke Wilson. They both seem to drop easy ones. Maybe it's a lack of concentration? But Kearse consistetently makes great side line catches. I would've gladly taken him over the majority of #3 WR Brady had. No slam on anyone. I just like Kearse game.
Correct on the sideline catches that Baldwin is adept at also. Both Kearse and Baldwin have made some incredible circus cathes. Both are pretty good at fighting for the catch too.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. We're in agreement. I'd put Tate in the 2nd tier, which is pretty damn good for a guy that has not gotten enough respect in this league imo.

I think we can all see that the offensive system the receiver is in definitely has an impact on how that player is perceived. With that in mind, where do you put Baldwin? Because I think he's right around the same level as Tate.

I know right. He's not as consistent as Baldwin, but I agree about Kearse. I've seen him make some amazing catches.

Harvin was a head case, but you can't deny his talent. At least when he's healthy.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops goofed that up.

Awesome. We're in agreement. I'd put Tate in the 2nd tier, which is pretty damn good for a guy that has not gotten enough respect in this league imo.

I think we can all see that the offensive system the receiver is in definitely has an impact on how that player is perceived. With that in mind, where do you put Baldwin? Because I think he's right around the same level as Tate.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops goofed that up.

Both are solid possession WR's. Tate has more quickness and has more and better "moves". That is a big reason for his draft status. Both catch well and are reliable. Both fight for the ball but Golden probably more so (see Fail Mary). Baldwin seems to get better separation. Both celebrate in way that occasionally embarrass me as a fan.
I rate Tate slightly ahead of Baldwin.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops goofed that up.

Baldwin on the correct team is top 16-20 of the 2nd level I feel. Kearse slightly behind to possibly top 5 of the # 3 WRs. Again I would like to see either on NE to see what they could do? Brady has made a living out of turning mediocre receivers from other teams into studs. Maybe we find out next year? Niether will command a huge salary unless they have a break out year, this year. Coukd happen if teams pay too much attention to JG?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:eek:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that I rewatched the SB again the other day.

Gawd it was lovely to hear Al Michaels say "and it's intercepted!!!!"

See little Russell walking off the field, Little Richard choking on his 2-4 BS.

I may never delete that from my PVR.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that I rewatched the SB again the other day.

Gawd it was lovely to hear Al Michaels say "and it's intercepted!!!!"

See little Russell walking off the field, Little Richard choking on his 2-4 BS.

I may never delete that from my PVR.
Actually I enjoyed the Pete Carroll sound bite where he goes "oh no", then drags his headset around.Classic! Sorry not a fan of Sneaky Pete.
We're onto Pittsburgh

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen this posted yet. Don't think it has much more than opinion and opinion to back up opinion. Just shows a before poll and then, an opinion on what the after poll (likability) would or should be.

NFL: Why No One Likes Russell Wilson Anymore

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right I agree that the more target opportunities the more he is going to put up production. Which is somewhat my point of he put up #1 WR stats this past year so can we really call him a #2 WR? I mean he put up depending on the stat you are using something like 7th best stats of any WR in the NFL. So again when people say that Wilson has never had anybody to pass to in my opinion at one point he had a guy that could put up top-10 stats to throw to. I would say that is a pretty darn good weapon to have.

Well, by that logic, then Derek Anderson is a starter in the NFL because he put up great numbers in both his starts in 2014 (over 500 yards, 3 TDs no picks). The problem with that, is both his starts were against the 2-14 Buccaneers. Tate had 3 games without Johnson. But, those were against New Orleans (29th), Atlanta (32nd) and Miami (25th), 3 of worst pass defenses in the NFL last year.

Tate did a majority his damage last season during a 6 game stretch (708 yards, 3 touchdowns), and that was against mostly average to poor passing defenses (3, 7, 14, 25, 29 & 32). Also, Tate is a screen WR, and that's basically it. He isn't very good going down the field. Heck, of the 72 times he was targeted in those 6 games, only 13 were considered deep, and over half of his yards for the season were YAC (691, 3rd in the NFL - 1st among WRs). He's not a #1, he's a slot receiver - get the ball in his hands quickly and let him do the rest - nothing wrong with it, it's also what made him a great PR in 2013.

Heck, going into 2013, I thought Seattle's biggest weakness was WR and Tate was our #3 in my eyes (Baldwin and Rice). Tate came out strong that year, but he died down the stretch, and other than a great game week 17 he had 23 catches for 255 yards and no tds the 8 of nine games (including playoffs) down the stretch. Even with his 2014 performance, I still wouldn't say that Tate was a great target in 2013, well at least outside the WR screen.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck won't be shit if he doesn't get pieces around him. RW has that stellar defense. Luck is the better QB/passer but Wilson has the better team and fits that team really well.

Also PM and TB played lots of H2H
"Russell Wilson is only good because of his stellar defense. If his defense stunk, Luck would be better."

- Another person who was wrong