• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson to Seahawks: "Give me love or nothing at all!"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People may or may not disagree with that? However, the majority of contracts are already in play. Not saying they won't keep RW. Just saying like many others it's going to take some creativity. If you do pay him as the top QB chances are the will not be able to sign Wagnoeer, Bennett or Irvin. Then again maybe Seattle doesn't want to resign/renegotiate those contracts.
It is always smart policy to sign the franchise QB first and then let the chips fall where they may.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People may or may not disagree with that? However, the majority of contracts are already in play. Not saying they won't keep RW. Just saying like many others it's going to take some creativity. If you do pay him as the top QB chances are the will not be able to sign Wagnoeer, Bennett or Irvin. Then again maybe Seattle doesn't want to resign/renegotiate those contracts.
Oh I think they plan to resign Wagner, Irvin will be set free and Bennett is under contract already.

Wilson deal will done, the Seahawks are just working hard to get the best deal they can with him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think they plan to resign Wagner, Irvin will be set free and Bennett is under contract already.

Wilson deal will done, the Seahawks are just working hard to get the best deal they can with him.

I doubt the ever let Wilson walk. He'll get his money, maybe not every penny he asks for but he'll be paid.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so but there is a thing called the salary cap. Every team has the same amount of money to spend.
That is correct but if you have an elite QB that should be the first priority.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always smart policy to sign the franchise QB first and then let the chips fall where they may.
That's a great plan in theory. But all those other high priced players contracts were signed last year or the tear prior.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure why they don't just offer a lower number but allow him to keep his silly little side job. If any team is going to offer him max dollars then it's a guarantee that in the contract he will no longer be allowed to try to do his silly little side job with the Rangers.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first priority should be their franchise QB.
Their 1st priority is to maintain a winning franchise. With that in mind some financial constraints have to be employed. This is entirely about the cap.
If Seattle wants to play hardball, they can franchise him in `16 & `17. That will cost about $45 million over the next 3 years. That is a bargain, but it will piss off RW.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure lots of options available. They could franchise tag him as well. But I think he'll cost Seattle more after next year if the franchise him simply because Luck and Flacco will set the new bar.
Then combine players don't like the tag. Plus if RW has another great season CA-CHING Seattle possibly looking at huge bank then.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding, but it won't happen. Some hard negotiations go on, but at the end you know the Seahawks will sign him.

I know, i just put it out for dramatic effect.

Even if they play hardball, the Seahawks would have him till at least 2016(15 + franchise tag). I doubt they would tag any further than that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure lots of options available. They could franchise tag him as well. But I think he'll cost Seattle more after next year if the franchise him simply because Luck and Flacco will set the new bar.
Then combine players don't like the tag. Plus if RW has another great season CA-CHING Seattle possibly looking at huge bank then.
At the end of the day I believe the Seahawks ink RW this year. One never knows of course, anything is possible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's welcome to sign with the Raiders or Browns to be the highest paid QB in the league if he thinks he's got a raw deal playing for the Seahawks.
Or the Cowboys, Bronco's, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, Redskins, Cards, Patriots, or any good team with an aging QB. Salary cap space can be made by any team for any player, and Wilson would attract a lot more interest than the Raiders or Browns. Then, who would your QB be??? Big talk, but in the end, your GM will bend over and pay him what he wants because he really has no choice

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their 1st priority is to maintain a winning franchise. With that in mind some financial constraints have to be employed. This is entirely about the cap.
If Seattle wants to play hardball, they can franchise him in `16 & `17. That will cost about $45 million over the next 3 years. That is a bargain, but it will piss off RW.

It's probably going to be closer to $49 mil just for 16 & 17. 2016 tag will be about $20 for QBs & 2017 tag will be 44% more than that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right about the financial constraint. However, I think you'll be over $45 million in three years. QB contracts are going up see Flacco and Luck. Based on todays figures you're probably pretty close though. I wouldn't say it's a bargain either that's still 22.5 a year. Which is not probably too far off from what he's probably looking at anyway. Give him the contract and lock him up. Sorry you'll loose a few key players. That's why they came up with the cap. To keep parity within the league. Doesn't always work that just the premise behind it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Cowboys, Bronco's, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, Redskins, Cards, Patriots, or any good team with an aging QB. Salary cap space can be made by any team for any player, and Wilson would attract a lot more interest than the Raiders or Browns. Then, who would your QB be??? Big talk, but in the end, your GM will bend over and pay him what he wants because he really has no choice
Oh they'll sign him alright. Probably pay more then their happy with, but they are working hard to keep the impact down as much as possible, RW will end up bending a bit also.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably going to be closer to $49 mil just for 16 & 17. 2016 tag will be about $20 for QBs & 2017 tag will be 44% more than that.
You very well may be right. Let's say it is $52M for `16 & `17 franchise costs. Adding in about $1.5M for this year that turns into $53 or $54M over 3 years. Still a bargain @ $18M per year.
It would be in RW's better interest to sign a deal he may not be in love with.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they'll sign him alright. Probably pay more then their happy with, but they are working hard to keep the impact down as much as possible, RW will end up bending a bit also.
Yep, I agree. 7 years, $133 million sounds about right to me

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why piss off your franchise QB? The Seahawks would be wise to keep him happy if they want a winning franchise.