• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson: 'Great Potential' Next Contract Is Biggest in NFL History

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem giving Russ the money. 3/4s of the league would be more then happy to pay Russ big bucks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a side note
Rodgers has been to 1 SB and makes 30mil vs Russ with 2 SB apps in much less time.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man , the myth , the legend!

That may be the best post I’ve seen all year, and definitely has a lot to think back on in those days. Shoot, just remembering Tirico as just another regular on espn is great. From one of my favorite Hawks growing up in Blades to the maddening Flores that was a horrible coach for us to the days before the league benefited from us losing to the Jets against Testeverde by gaining instant replay, I’m able to enjoy looking back but knowing I never want to be where we were ever again from those days.

PAY RUSS!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan Gelbaugh, Dan McGwire, Rick Mirer, Jon Kitna, Brock Huard say hello too...

Indy is upset you left off Gary Hogeboom

oh damn...that list is just seattle after relooking at it

carry on

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am greatful for wilson but he does not deserve that kind of money with one super bowl win and one loss on his resume to date. I was a huge fan of his but I am really starting to get over him and his celebrity wife and his celebrity lifestyle. The rumors of him leaving to go to NY and playing baseball for the NY Yankees I am starting to feel like he is more of a politician that knows how to smile for the camera and say all the nice/right things and adding god to it but he is no different than Bennett, Kam and Thomas wanting a mega pay day. This never would have happened if his first wife didnt cheat on him like an idiot

I am really starting to be envious of seeing Brady taking pay cuts and watching do whatever it takes to win super bowls for New England
Passing off Odell-Beckham contract to Cleveland. This is round one of the Giants opening up cap space. If he wants $35 million a year, I'm all for him making it somewhere else.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing off Odell-Beckham contract to Cleveland. This is round one of the Giants opening up cap space. If he wants $35 million a year, I'm all for him making it somewhere else.

Yeah true but the other guy made a good point with my post, if you just let him walk there is a great chance we will float back to irrelevance, I remember the days post matt hasselbeck and I dont want to go back to that any time soon. I think JS and Pete are great working together finding good players but dumping a pro bowl qb is a stretch because I think we are only a few pieces on defense away from being a 12 win team again.

I just get tired of him trying to be a celebrity. He reminds me of that old story of that nerd kid in high school that finally get the popular girl and now he is popular and he is drowning in the attention

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah true but the other guy made a good point with my post, if you just let him walk there is a great chance we will float back to irrelevance, I remember the days post matt hasselbeck and I dont want to go back to that any time soon. I think JS and Pete are great working together finding good players but dumping a pro bowl qb is a stretch because I think we are only a few pieces on defense away from being a 12 win team again.

I just get tired of him trying to be a celebrity. He reminds me of that old story of that nerd kid in high school that finally get the popular girl and now he is popular and he is drowning in the attention
So you're saying you don't want another Tavaris Jackson era? Hey, I don't either. But that short TJax era set us up for an eventual super bowl win. If they retain Wilson at $35 million a year, the team will remain relevant but I don't think they could spread the remaining cap space around enough to have a team that is a serious deep playoff threat.

So maybe Wilson takes the money and runs and the Hawks go irrelevant for a couple of years. I have faith the JS can build another great team out of the shambles of the aftermath. Besides, I honestly think Wilson is seeing his long term future somewhere else. The dude is just way too into the whole Hollywood/celebrity thing, and Seattle is not the place for someone who wants the spotlight as Wilson seemingly does.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you don't want another Tavaris Jackson era? Hey, I don't either. But that short TJax era set us up for an eventual super bowl win. If they retain Wilson at $35 million a year, the team will remain relevant but I don't think they could spread the remaining cap space around enough to have a team that is a serious deep playoff threat.

So maybe Wilson takes the money and runs and the Hawks go irrelevant for a couple of years. I have faith the JS can build another great team out of the shambles of the aftermath. Besides, I honestly think Wilson is seeing his long term future somewhere else. The dude is just way too into the whole Hollywood/celebrity thing, and Seattle is not the place for someone who wants the spotlight as Wilson seemingly does.

A lot of the things you say is true and I agree but my opinion is this yes we did go through a few mediocre seasons in which we traded for Lynch, then drafted Thomas, then Okung and of course what eventually led to our team winning but lets face it Pete at age 67 probably doesnt have enough left in him to go and rebuild all over again from scratch. I know JS and PC are viewed as excellent player developers and which they are but they arent immune from making bad decisions we know that from draft classes 2014-2017 were mostly bust players except for Frank Clark, Jarren Reed and Tyler Lockett.

I agree that Russ is becoming a celebrity and it will be really annoying if he really pushes the issue of eating all the cap when we havent paid guys like frank clark, reed, maybe chris carson if he continues to play well. I will say if a team like the giants are willing to give us multiple first round picks for him I would be more open to it but with mariners being a trash organization and not have an NBA team I really do not want to see this end with wilson leaving and that ends the story

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd let him walk too if he wants that much. You can't tie up 1/6th of your cap in one player.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't imagine they'd trade Wilson unless a team offers a couple 1st round picks, it would take something seriously HUGE for Seattle to pull that trigger... I think they're gonna pay um, and it's gonna be a massive amount... Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Wilson's next contract will probably take around 25 percent of the salary cap on his contract alone, it's gonna be something crazy high ...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that the salary cap increases each year as well so we'll get more money available thru the duration of his contract if we do end up resigning Wilson to a 4 or 5 year deal...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont be silly folks, you CANNOT trade a premier QB unless another premier QB is there to replace him.

so unless trevor lawrence is there for the taking, wilson will be here until he is broken.