• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Files for Divorce

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unless there is a reason why he filed.

If she was cheating on him then judges will obviously side with him.

There are also other issues that could justify his filing (documented abuse, physical or emotional for example).

Not siding with or against him but just noting that circumstances that we are unaware of could dictate this situation.

Most states (I don't know about Washington in particular) are "no fault" divorce states, meaning that the Court doesn't inquire as to why the dissolution is happening, it merely allocates the property in substantially equal shares. Additionally, the Courts will look at the length of the marriage in determining property settlements, and since this was merely a 2 year marriage, that cuts in Russel's favor.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WA is a no fault state and spousal support is based on what they make now, not next year. His spousal support will also be less than a year, the average is 1 year of support per 4 years of marriage; the court may add time if they were living together before they were married but I doubt it. what he made while they were married is community property so that will be split evenly.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, if Wilson's wife ends up dating Kaepernick...

Greatest rivalry ever.