• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Files for Divorce

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better now than after next year's pay day. Who would've thought he'd be thanking the CBA for placing the restriction on when he could extend?

Russell Wilson of Seattle Seahawks files for divorce from wife - ESPN

I know that Seahawk fans would go ape shit on this, but stay classy San Francisco. I posted this merely for the point of alimony. I wonder if they'll reconcile for a year or two. I bet she drags her feet. Run to the altar, slowly crawl away. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before he makes the big money. Smart man

wilsongf.gif

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for palimony or ineffective divorce (not a real term) - get her out - no rooming together. Don't knock her up! Or anyone for that matter.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had to go post this on the NFL General Board, LOL. I can see where that thread will be headed within a day or two.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better now than after next year's pay day. Who would've thought he'd be thanking the CBA for placing the restriction on when he could extend?

Russell Wilson of Seattle Seahawks files for divorce from wife - ESPN

I know that Seahawk fans would go ape shit on this, but stay classy San Francisco. I posted this merely for the point of alimony. I wonder if they'll reconcile for a year or two. I bet she drags her feet. Run to the altar, slowly crawl away. ;)

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a shame.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't even know he was married. Obviously this is a personal matter and should remain primarily so, but I'm interested to see if this has any effect on his image.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to what has been posted about Kaepernick by Seahawk fans, the mods here, and others, this is quite tame.

I meant that Seahawk fans would go apeshit if Kaepernick married and was getting a divorced, but that didn't mean that we had to be classless, too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant that Seahawk fans would go apeshit if Kaepernick married and was getting a divorced, but that didn't mean that we had to be classless, too.

I agree with you. I try to avoid all of that crap. Even at ESPN, I refused to get sucked into it.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much of a clue about divorce law, but would it be possible to get alimony based on his potential earnings starting in 2015?

The lawyers & judge will all know that Wilson is due for a HUGE payday (possibly be larger than Kaepernick) in the not too distant future, so I wonder how much blood her lawyers will be able to squeeze out of Russell Wilson since they'll undoubtedly argue she's grown "accustomed" to a certain style of living.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If this had happened to Kaepernick, the Hawks fans on the general board would be creaming their pants.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much of a clue about divorce law, but would it be possible to get alimony based on his potential earnings starting in 2015?

The lawyers & judge will all know that Wilson is due for a HUGE payday (possibly be larger than Kaepernick) in the not too distant future, so I wonder how much blood her lawyers will be able to squeeze out of Russell Wilson since they'll undoubtedly argue she's grown "accustomed" to a certain style of living.

She can only get accustomed to what they have been living on. No matter how much the big pay day is anticipated, unless he is taking out big loans, his lifestyle expenses have to be a few degrees below next year or so. Children would complicate that. He could get in a car crash tomorrow. He could quit and flame out on the Rangers. There are steps before that potential. But yeah, her representation will try to argue that. The fact that he filed doesn't help.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a reason why he filed.

If she was cheating on him then judges will obviously side with him.

There are also other issues that could justify his filing (documented abuse, physical or emotional for example).

Not siding with or against him but just noting that circumstances that we are unaware of could dictate this situation.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a reason why he filed.

If she was cheating on him then judges will obviously side with him.

There are also other issues that could justify his filing (documented abuse, physical or emotional for example).

Not siding with or against him but just noting that circumstances that we are unaware of could dictate this situation.

Citing physical abuse would make the hecklers come out. I know physical abuse can be with objects (not a slap fest, lol). Also, he can't hit back.