• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson: Blame me, I made the throw

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this has become another troll thread.

Yup, Wilson is a mediocre QB because of one play. Makes total sense.

The way your fellow hawks fans reacted to the play lets everyone know what they think of him if he were elite no one would have an issue with putting the game in his hands but instead you've got half of the hawks fans calling for bevels head

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way your fellow hawks fans reacted to the play lets everyone know what they think of him if he were elite no one would have an issue with putting the game in his hands but instead you've got half of the hawks fans calling for bevels head

Fans are reactive. They see results and make a determination on what should have happened based on that.

The Seahawks had the best running game in football this season. Logically the team should have run it a couple of times. I'm not sure that a quick slant was the right call. And you could argue that Wilson is not an elite QB, at least not yet, because perhaps he should have waved off the call and done something else.

But no play defines a QBs career. All of them make mistakes. And honestly I don't think it was much of a mistake. Of course hindsight tells us that the defender would jump the route, knock the receiver off his route and make a great play but there is no way to predict that.

FTR, half the Hawk fans have been calling for Bevell's head for most of the season. Offensive coordinators are always easy targets because everyone thinks they know more about play calling than they do.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ynMk2EwRi4Q"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ynMk2EwRi4Q[/ame]

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally saw the play and I agree if it was on target it was an incomplete pass at worst.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw was a little off target and Butler made a great play. Butler's play was greater than the play call was stupid.

butler-pick.gif

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are reactive. They see results and make a determination on what should have happened based on that.

The Seahawks had the best running game in football this season. Logically the team should have run it a couple of times. .

Carroll was going to have run it on 1st, 3rd, and 4th that series. That's three times. He needed to throw once... 2nd down was the best, most logical choice to throw on.

You're right about fans. They are reactive, but they cannot be forgiven for not taking the time AFTER being reactive to see the clear logic as to why throwing on 2nd down was the best bet.

It's been shown to them. It's time for them to see the light, as it were.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll was going to have run it on 1st, 3rd, and 4th that series. That's three times. He needed to throw once... 2nd down was the best, most logical choice to throw on.

You're right about fans. They are reactive, but they cannot be forgiven for not taking the time AFTER being reactive to see the clear logic as to why throwing on 2nd down was the best bet.

It's been shown to them. It's time for them to see the light, as it were.

Personally I didn't have a problem with them throwing the ball. OTOH, I don't think throwing a quick slant in the middle of the field was the best plan.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the slant either... what I have a problem with is running the slant to the 1 yard line... the whole point of throwing on 2nd is to save the TO... so you CANNOT get tackled before the Goal Line... the pass HAS TO be into the end zone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pass play called was pure stupid in that situation.
Play action since NE had to sell out was the play call IF you didn't think Lynch could bang it in from the one after two attempts. Time wouldn't allow for 4 plays but the pass play selected shoulda been play action

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pass play called was pure stupid in that situation.
Play action since NE had to sell out was the play call IF you didn't think Lynch could bang it in from the one after two attempts. Time wouldn't allow for 4 plays but the pass play selected shoulda been play action

IMO, that would have been what I would have liked. Play action and then toss it to a TE on a delayed release.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw was a little off target and Butler made a great play. Butler's play was greater than the play call was stupid.

butler-pick.gif

Definitely was not Russell's best throw, if he puts it right in his chest Lockette probably catches it. The problem is he might not have gotten in the end zone in that case, which is probably why Russ lead him a bit. Still, for a guy who doesn't take a lot of big risks I'm sort of surprised he threw it there.

I'm going to disagree with you on the second part though. I'd say Butler's play was equally as great as the play call was stupid.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even with a horrible play call, it's 2nd down. The coach is trusting that no matter what happens, his QB will walk away with the 3rd and 4th down intact.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why, if you insist on passing, you don't roll Wilson out in the flat and have him either run it in if he sees an opening, throw it to someone open, or throw it away. That kind of play would have made more sense and played to their strengths.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why, if you insist on passing, you don't roll Wilson out in the flat and have him either run it in if he sees an opening, throw it to someone open, or throw it away. That kind of play would have made more sense and played to their strengths.

Agreed

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bevell doesn't believe in playing to the team's strengths.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Bevell much but man he has disgusted me in a short period of time.

Wilson: Blame me, I screwed up.
Lynch: (When asked if he should have gotten the call) No, it's a team game.
Carroll: It's my fault.
Bevell: It's Lockett's fault for not going on it harder.

One of these things is not like the others.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Bevell much but man he has disgusted me in a short period of time.

Wilson: Blame me, I screwed up.
Lynch: (When asked if he should have gotten the call) No, it's a team game.
Carroll: It's my fault.
Bevell: It's Lockett's fault for not going on it harder.

One of these things is not like the others.

Check Irvin's quote. Heard him on the radio. as expected he came off like an idiot

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw was right on the money......

It was just a great play made on Defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't aim for a receivers chest on a slant.

You throw it just in front of him. Like he did.