• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson: Blame me, I made the throw

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse did drive Browner back... just not quickly enough. That's not an easy task against a guy as big as Browner is. Butler later said he recognized the play from film study because the receivers were stacked and it was a rub slant/route- he knew where it was going... and made a great play. I don't think he guessed, and it didn't look like he guessed.

Why not jump that route? It's not like he runs the risk of giving up a 70 yard TD there. DB made the smart play. Probably would have been a different tactic anywhere else on the field.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is on record saying he saw that lineup/play in film study (postgame). In fact, they practiced against it:

During a scout-team practice, backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo beat Butler on the same play for a touchdown to Josh Boyce.

"We did and Josh got a touchdown in practice on it," Garoppolo confirmed in the Pats locker room. "It got him ready and he knew what to expect. Jumping the route like that, that's very impressive. That's all instincts."

Source:
Malcolm Butler: 'I knew what was going to happen' - NFL.com

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was Brady, the story line across the media world would be:

"Did Tom Brady ruin his entire NFL career and legacy on 1 bad pass?"

You mean like when Brady threw a horrible pass to Wes Welker forcing him to spin his entire body around to reach for a ball behind him, despite their being absolutely no one in front of him and an easy TD if the ball was thrown accurately? Who got the blame for that one? I'll give you a hint, the guy isn't on the Patriots anymore.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not jump that route? It's not like he runs the risk of giving up a 70 yard TD there. DB made the smart play. Probably would have been a different tactic anywhere else on the field.

If Lockette does a hitch out, it is an easy TD because Butler would have been nowhere near him. Butler made the right read, but it wasn't without risk.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lockette does a hitch out, it is an easy TD because Butler would have been nowhere near him. Butler made the right read, but it wasn't without risk.
this

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I off base saying throwing in 2nd is the better option to use all four downs and keep the D guessing:

26 seconds, 1 time out, 2nd down. There are three options:

A. Run Lynch twice and not even worry about running a play on a 4th down... a 4th down you'll never see because of time. We call this option the DUMB option.

B. Run Lynch on 2nd down, call Time Out, and then the Defense knows that you have to Pass on 3rd.

C. Throw on 2nd which saves Time Out and keeps options open on 3rd [run or pass].

=====================

C. is the best option, which is what Carroll did.

Lmao. I tweeted Mike and Mike and Greeny separately. In the first minute of the first hour of yesterday's show he straight up parrots exactly what I said above and the SOB DOESNT GIVE ME CREDIT. What an asshole.

Check the podcast. What an ass.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Bill Bellichick agrees with ElTexan and myself..

The Hooded One said:
"Malcolm and Brandon [Browner], on that particular play, just made a great play. I think the criticism they've gotten for the game is totally out of line and by a lot of people who I don't think are anywhere near even qualified to be commenting on it.