• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson: Blame me, I made the throw

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that was more Wilsons fault, he shouldnt have made the throw. Seattle had two other tries to punch it in, he shouldve thrown it away

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I think everyone agrees they should have run a different play. But I think 95 plus percent of the time that ball never gets picked off. So as horrible as the play call was, it wasn't a play call that was guaranteed to end up as an int. So it can't all be on the coaching staff.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on 2nd down with 26 seconds left and one time out is the right call.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They called a stupid play but an incomplete pass there and no one is talking about this at all. They didn't throw the pick.

Yup, if it was the last play Id understand but it was definitely a great play by Butler. The play call wasnt as bad as some make it out to be imo, just more bad decision making by Wilson. No int then the next two plays Lynch is running it in.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the decision to throw by Wilson. The play was called, the guy was open. If you are going to blame Wilson, you can say he led the receive instead of back shoulder. Leading it is more likely to get broken up or picked. But, the biggest aspect of that play by far was the defender made one hell of a play.

Maybe that's the IT factor, that guys like Brady and Montana have. Maybe they have that bit of precision in that moment.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on the throw itself, which is the original topic here, Russell could have done better. Put it on the receiver's back hip so he catches it in his gut and he's between the ball and the defender so there's no chance it gets picked without PI. Of course, that's assuming RW could see the break on the ball before he lets it go.

Was a great play by the defender. Looked like he wanted it more than the receiver. I agree with the OC that Lockette could have made a better effort, but that's not something you say in public if you're coaching that player. Very poor form, Mr Bevell.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone deserves a little blame. Wilson threw it in front of Lockette. Had he thrown it just about a foot to the right, Butler can't get to it. If Kearse wins his assignment, Butler can't get to it. Lockette let Butler bully him for the ball. I get why they passed it because if Lynch doesn't get in, they use their timeout and if Wilson gets sacked on 3rd down game over. I would have run the ball anyway but I get why they passed it. The play call wasn't that stupid either. Chances are a TD or an incomplete pass, chances of a pick are slim. Everyone is blaming Pete and Bevell but the players play the game and the biggest problem with the play was probably Wilson's slightly off target throw. That's all it took because everything went right for NE on the play.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play call was for a pass, not an interception.

If your just going with the line that Wilson just went with what play was called and did what he was supposed to do then fine.

But then you must agree that Wilson is just a soldier on the field and not a game General ..as the USA today put it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective so many things were wrong about that play...

1. Run the ball! You have time and a time out.

2. If you want to throw, do a run option pass to use Wilson's strength.

3. If you are going to run a slant it has to be a no brainer or throw the ball away.

Wilson is a good QB because he can run. He makes teams respect the read option not because he is some accurate passer with great arm strength. This isn't a knock on the guy the Seahawks usually use him with his strengths in mind. This time they didn't.

1...has been beat to death...that was a given, I would've ran it too.

2 & 3...agree 100%

But he's not a good QB just because he can run...Kaep, RG3, both can run...the guy was a minor league baseball player...has a great arm.

He's a good QB imo, because he can make plays running and throwing, and he typically does not make the big mistake...yesterday he did.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dumb throw, its the goalline and you're throwing right into the middle of the D. He's getting off easy since his coach is a dipsh## but he made a bad throw.

Wilson is not an elite QB.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a shitty throw. If he is going to be elite, he must learn that some of the best throws are the ones you don't pull the trigger on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play call was for a pass, not an interception.

If your just going with the line that Wilson just went with what play was called and did what he was supposed to do then fine.

But then you must agree that Wilson is just a soldier on the field and not a game General ..as the USA today put it.

The quick slant is a timing play and the QB has the let it rip before the WR is at the spot....to your point if you see presnap a LB or defender is moving into that spot...I think any NFL QB can check out of that play...I think he thought it was there when he let it go.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a shitty throw. If he is going to be elite, he must learn that some of the best throws are the ones you don't pull the trigger on.

You are exactly right. An elite QB doesn't throw a game ending INT on the opponents goal line.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1...has been beat to death...that was a given, I would've ran it too.

2 & 3...agree 100%

But he's not a good QB just because he can run...Kaep, RG3, both can run...the guy was a minor league baseball player...has a great arm.

He's a good QB imo, because he can make plays running and throwing, and he typically does not make the big mistake...yesterday he did.

He's a good QB because he uses his ability to run to compliment his passing. Kaep and RG3 use their ability to run as a weapon itself. They take shots because of it. Wilson uses his legs to buy time and occasionally gain yards if a play breaks down. He also avoids the hits. He's a good QB, but still has a lot of growing to do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good QB because he uses his ability to run to compliment his passing. Kaep and RG3 use their ability to run as a weapon itself. They take shots because of it. Wilson uses his legs to buy time and occasionally gain yards if a play breaks down. He also avoids the hits. He's a good QB, but still has a lot of growing to do.

Agreed...to add to that...in short I think the kid is a good QB because he understands in the NFL the QB's role is to get the ball to the playmakers...make plays himself when the play breaks down or when it's wide open.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this has become another troll thread.

Yup, Wilson is a mediocre QB because of one play. Makes total sense.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 28 teams would kill to have that mediocre QB.