• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roughly 75 players complete conditioning tests before Cowboys leave for training camp

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was lucky, UK. Lucky in that it was caught early. She has become heavily involved in the local support group here (Women Rock) and as a result, we've both been exposed to a whole lot of good stories... and seriously bad ones. And - like you - lost a parent (Mom) to cancer in 2006. You're right - it's a bitch either way and it's life altering for those of us who have to walk that path with the ones we love.

As far as Heater, I am going to say this then I'm done. I've known the dude over 4-5 years. Friends on Facebook (and I can count on two fingers the number of people I can say that about here on the Hoop). I've NEVER seen him "look for confrontation". He's every bit the sarcastic son of a bitch that I am. How a good New England lad ends up in Texas is beyond me. His heart is with the Pats but he has rooted for the Cowboys as long as I've known him. But (once again just like me which is why we seem to get along famously) he is sick of Jerry's blathering and stumbling and wandering aimlessly looking for a miracle. And - you'll find most of the Cowboys fans that came here with us feel the same way.

Give him a chance. All I ask.

Peace dude. Life's too damn short otherwise.

Sorry to hear about your Mom

I'll take your word on Heat, you seem like a straight up dude. There will probably be less bickering on here in a few weeks when we all have some actual on field action to talk about

Jerry is what he is. Not only is Jerry going to be the GM until he is no longer able, but does anyone believe Stephen won't assume the GM title when Jerry's gone? I do think he has done a pretty good job the last 2-3 years in focusing more on the draft than FA, but that may be out of necessity from being in Cap Hell.
You want to talk about looking for a miracle...where's the next QB after Romo gonna come from. Jerry has had a HOF QB in Aikman that was the number 1 pick in the draft, and a top tier QB in Romo that he straight lucked in to(CFA). When Jerry had the task of finding a QB on his own, the results were pretty catastrophic....Drew Henson, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, and the immortal Quincy Carter.....instead of waiting for one to fall out of the sky, he might try drafting one every now and then lol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed.....broaddus is an opinion....Ray Rhodes disciple

He is a great read on twitter, because he is always tweeting Cowboy stuff and it's not the stuff that some of these other guys tweet and you think do they even know football or this team. He really tweets some real thoughts and good points and not just regurgitating the same old crap. And like Romo says he answers a lot of questions. But, his articles I don't like quite as much. He seems to want to thump his own chest too much sometimes and make his predictions sound like facts. I don't know if it is his writing style or something else and the few times I listened to that Talking Cowboys show he was kind of annoying. I guess that is why I didn't like him too much until I started following him on Twitter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"sick of Jerry's blathering and stumbling and wandering aimlessly looking for a miracle"

That won't be a source of confrontation. Jerry does have a couple of apologists here, but for the most part everyone is sick of him. Worse now for hte long term outlook is that Stephen has joined ths ranks. So we went from thinking all we had to do was wait Jerry out to now thinking we may have to wait out Stephen too...and that could be a while...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a great read on twitter, because he is always tweeting Cowboy stuff and it's not the stuff that some of these other guys tweet and you think do they even know football or this team. He really tweets some real thoughts and good points and not just regurgitating the same old crap. And like Romo says he answers a lot of questions. But, his articles I don't like quite as much. He seems to want to thump his own chest too much sometimes and make his predictions sound like facts. I don't know if it is his writing style or something else and the few times I listened to that Talking Cowboys show he was kind of annoying. I guess that is why I didn't like him too much until I started following him on Twitter.

he's not alone. Isn't that what a lot of long time NFL football fans tend to do?

I tend to take all of these so-called football expert opinions with a grain of salt.
Sometimes it seems their average for being right is as sound as a good baseball batting average.
Opinions vary greatly from time to time

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is what he is. Not only is Jerry going to be the GM until he is no longer able, but does anyone believe Stephen won't assume the GM title when Jerry's gone? I do think he has done a pretty good job the last 2-3 years in focusing more on the draft than FA, but that may be out of necessity from being in Cap Hell.
You want to talk about looking for a miracle...where's the next QB after Romo gonna come from. Jerry has had a HOF QB in Aikman that was the number 1 pick in the draft, and a top tier QB in Romo that he straight lucked in to(CFA). When Jerry had the task of finding a QB on his own, the results were pretty catastrophic....Drew Henson, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, and the immortal Quincy Carter.....instead of waiting for one to fall out of the sky, he might try drafting one every now and then lol.

I've been of the opinion that a GM is as good as the input he gets from his scouting staff when it comes to personnel. I dont find it a coincidence that the last few drafts (which have been pretty good IMHO) come with Will McClain running the show over there.

I respect the hell out of Ron Wolf. His philosophy was to get as much information in order to make sound personnel decisions. His record speaks for itself. If McClay is influencing Jerry rather than that fucktard Larry Lacewell then we as fans are gonna be a lot better for it.

As far as the QB of the future... I hope like hell that's on McClay's radar.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"OK Dude. I've already spoken with Ford. We agreed that the best thing going forward is for me to have my buddies and I maintain a Cowboys thread on the NFL General forum in order to leave you guys be. If you want to continue this vein of conversation you will find it a lonely ride. I really suggest you go back to the cowboys threads and let us continue our fun loving crotch kicking banter and repartee"

"Otherwise - it will get a little ugly"

that sure didn't last long
Me?....I think it's all part of the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All;

"It has become clear that I cannot continue to post on the Dallas Cowboys threads here on the Hoop. For reasons known to those who reside there, there is a clear hostile environment that I cannot overcome. Therefore... until we have some alternatives I am recommending we Fan Nation rejects use this thread to have our fun.

LOL...................I'm still waiting for all the solid football opinions. Thus far it's been a lot of slap stick and regurgitated bull. You carry the torch Otis, seems to be what you're good at

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All;

"It has become clear that I cannot continue to post on the Dallas Cowboys threads here on the Hoop. For reasons known to those who reside there, there is a clear hostile environment that I cannot overcome. Therefore... until we have some alternatives I am recommending we Fan Nation rejects use this thread to have our fun.

LOL...................I'm still waiting for all the solid football opinions. Thus far it's been a lot of slap stick and regurgitated bull. You carry the torch Otis, seems to be what you're good at

Who are you quoting in this? Just curious

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not alone. Isn't that what a lot of long time NFL football fans tend to do?

I tend to take all of these so-called football expert opinions with a grain of salt.
Sometimes it seems their average for being right is as sound as a good baseball batting average.
Opinions vary greatly from time to time

True. Which is why one of the reasons I like to read him on twitter is that it is clear some of his info comes from "insiders". As far as his opinion goes on things like who may make the team, it's just another opinion to me. I generally take every opinion with a grain of salt unless it's Garrett. Then I feel it probably is a little bit of an indicator on what may happen. But even the head coach at this point hopefully doesn't know exactly who he wants on his final 53. I also do like to read his scouting reports on the new players, but if you or someone else here looked at hours of tape and then did a report on some guy we traded for I'd like to read that too. So it's more that he spends the time to do it than me feeling he is great at it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been of the opinion that a GM is as good as the input he gets from his scouting staff when it comes to personnel. I dont find it a coincidence that the last few drafts (which have been pretty good IMHO) come with Will McClain running the show over there.

I respect the hell out of Ron Wolf. His philosophy was to get as much information in order to make sound personnel decisions. His record speaks for itself. If McClay is influencing Jerry rather than that fucktard Larry Lacewell then we as fans are gonna be a lot better for it.

As far as the QB of the future... I hope like hell that's on McClay's radar.

I'm pretty sure this was the first draft that McClay ran, but I agree they seem to be better lately. We still need to find better guys late. I'm a big fan of Holloman, but he is still a little up in the air and most of our later picks haven't panned out as well as I would have liked. Of course there are exceptions, but that is the area I'd like to see us get better in. This could be the draft. I know a lot were very (overly IMO) critical, but I think this draft may bring us some good players.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason you responded to the post.

make a stance....do what you say you're going to do. Don't flap your jaw and call foul
What???

I'm sure that all made sense in your mind when you wrote it down....but doesn't make any sense right now.

Who flapped what jaw and called what foul?

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you quoting in this? Just curious

Let me help BR...

A few weeks ago after a series of attacks on TxHeat, I went to Ford (the mod for the Cowboys forum and a terrific guy as you will learn) looking for suggestions for the couple of Cowboys fans that had just came over. We agreed that it would be best to have a thread separate from the Cowboys forum as well as creating a NFC East thread for those of us who enjoy some good old banter. As you can see from the post you responded to (which I did not see as I have this particular member on my ignore list along with a couple of others), there is a feeling held by a couple of individuals on this forum that we all just go over there and leave this forum alone. However - with you, Bull_Shirt, Sweet, Stranger, Marlins Fan, jctoo, WILD FAN, TxHeat and Guns N Guitars all here also, along with the continued requests from Hoopians on the "Alive" thread to "get out and join the Hoop" - that's a thought that just doesn't make sense.

Just as we had on Fan Nation - there are some really, really good posters on the Cowboys forum here on the Hoop. They know their stuff and enjoy discussing Cowboys every bit as much as we did on that piece of shit site we were jettisoned from. And - just as we did on FN - there are a few who think they can dictate how things will be run. You'll learn who is who. It won't be hard.

Enjoy the members that want to have reasonable dialog. Ignore the trolls. That's about I can tell you. It's good to have you here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help BR...

A few weeks ago after a series of attacks on TxHeat, I went to Ford (the mod for the Cowboys forum and a terrific guy as you will learn) looking for suggestions for the couple of Cowboys fans that had just came over. We agreed that it would be best to have a thread separate from the Cowboys forum as well as creating a NFC East thread for those of us who enjoy some good old banter. As you can see from the post you responded to (which I did not see as I have this particular member on my ignore list along with a couple of others), there is a feeling held by a couple of individuals on this forum that we all just go over there and leave this forum alone. However - with you, Bull_Shirt, Sweet, Stranger, Marlins Fan, jctoo, WILD FAN, TxHeat and Guns N Guitars all here also, along with the continued requests from Hoopians on the "Alive" thread to "get out and join the Hoop" - that's a thought that just doesn't make sense.

Just as we had on Fan Nation - there are some really, really good posters on the Cowboys forum here on the Hoop. They know their stuff and enjoy discussing Cowboys every bit as much as we did on that piece of shit site we were jettisoned from. And - just as we did on FN - there are a few who think they can dictate how things will be run. You'll learn who is who. It won't be hard.

Enjoy the members that want to have reasonable dialog. Ignore the trolls. That's about I can tell you. It's good to have you here.

Tell you what backroads, pick it up on page 4 of the 2014 Cowboys offseason thread. Then understand Otis quit this board due to treatment of that single fan nation poster, started a thread on the general board again trashing who HE THINKS is a bad poster and then comes back in here 3 days later.

Otis can't be in charge here, nor can he decide who is a worthy poster. I just wish he was a man of his word and hauled ass instead of his obvious efforts to alienate a poster.

Thick skin required when you throw out bull shit. Plano Texas and Otis don't get anymore of a pass than anyone else here. It's been that way for a long time and Fan Nation folks aren't going to change that.

always said it was good to be judge of who is who

Last edited by a moderator:

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what backroads, pick it up on page 4 of the 2014 Cowboys offseason thread. Then understand Otis quit this board due to treatment of that single fan nation poster, started a thread on the general board again trashing who HE THINKS is a bad poster and then comes back in here 3 days later.

Otis can't be in charge here, nor can he decide who is a worthy poster. I just wish he was a man of his word and hauled ass instead of his obvious efforts to alienate a poster.

Thick skin required when you throw out bull shit. Plano Texas and Otis don't get anymore of a pass than anyone else here. It's been that way for a long time and Fan Nation folks aren't going to change that.

So you basically stalked him to find other quotes apart from this thread to bring INTO this thread to continue bashing.

I sse...that is how it is done on SportsHoopla? I think not, except for these particular posters.

I thought Texas University fans were particularly distasteful, but you few are embarrassing the majority of Cowboy fans. Congratulations....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help BR...

Yo Otis, I began to think you tucked you tail and ran off again, but since you are still here I'll ask my question one more time.

If I go to other boards making snide remarks about their team, will I be labeled a troll?

I know this is an unfair questions because if you answer it honestly your whole fucking argument blows up in your face. If you want to stay on the NFL board fine but don't even think we care one way or another. Keep blaming the posters here and I'll bring the fight to you. Trust me my quiver will not be empty if I decide to go that route.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a ludicrous statement....anytime anyone posts against what you believe or even HINTS at being against your believes you automatically turn that poster into a troll (a term that appears to be most important on this site, and yet there is no definition)

It seems that on here, blindly approving of whatever anyone says appears to be the norm....we come from a site where sarcasm was approved....trash-talking (as long as it wasn't personal) was encouraged....picking/prodding/poking was expected.

Guess some on here are a LITTLE too sensitive and get their panties in a wad MUCH too easily

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you basically stalked him to find other quotes apart from this thread to bring INTO this thread to continue bashing.

I sse...that is how it is done on SportsHoopla? I think not, except for these particular posters.

I thought Texas University fans were particularly distasteful, but you few are embarrassing the majority of Cowboy fans. Congratulations....

well......we all have our opinions of who is what in this deal and I'm glad you got your opportunity. Stalked is an interesting term and subject to opinion but I understand the allegiances. Funny...we have been accused of allegiances here by the fan nation faithful. I can assure you we support our football opinions and kick up some dust with each other as much as a troll type post. Thick skin is required

....majority of cowboy fans? LOL, you have that all figured out too? Onward through the fog!

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Otis, I began to think you tucked you tail and ran off again, but since you are still here I'll ask my question one more time.

If I go to other boards making snide remarks about their team, will I be labeled a troll?

I know this is an unfair questions because if you answer it honestly your whole fucking argument blows up in your face. If you want to stay on the NFL board fine but don't even think we care one way or another. Keep blaming the posters here and I'll bring the fight to you. Trust me my quiver will not be empty if I decide to go that route.
If I may....

Making "snide comments" just to create a negative response would definitely be trolling. To make a comment that is counter to what you think, isn't necessarily a "snide" comment. It is just an opinion and open to response in kind. If I were to say that the Cowboys D sucks, I would expect a response from the far pro-Cowboy wing that would tell me how wrong I was and give examples on why....not to be attacked as a "troll"....weak

You guys, in particular, seem to be a bit tightly wound. Perhaps a few tokes or shots might be in order...then we can begin again realizing that friendly poking/prodding is appropriate?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a ludicrous statement....anytime anyone posts against what you believe or even HINTS at being against your believes you automatically turn that poster into a troll (a term that appears to be most important on this site, and yet there is no definition)

It seems that on here, blindly approving of whatever anyone says appears to be the norm....we come from a site where sarcasm was approved....trash-talking (as long as it wasn't personal) was encouraged....picking/prodding/poking was expected.

Guess some on here are a LITTLE too sensitive and get their panties in a wad MUCH too easily

Let me slow this down for you.

P E O P L E P O S T AGANIST ME A L L T H E T I M E

I E N J O Y T H E D I F F E R E N T O P I N I O N S

panties is a wad is an interesting term....LOL
I'm beginning to see this for what it is
BTW...It's Lace Panties.......get it right