• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roughly 75 players complete conditioning tests before Cowboys leave for training camp

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roughly 75 players complete conditioning tests before Cowboys leave for training camp | Dallas Morning News

What was particularly refreshing about this article was the following paragraphs;

Roughly 75 players chose to take their conditioning tests Monday at Valley Ranch. The tests were overseen by the team captains with results relayed to the Cowboys staff.

Jason Witten, one of the captains, suggested that players still in the area fulfill the requirement before the team departs for Oxnard on Tuesday. Since camp doesn’t officially get underway until the team lands in Southern California, the sessions had to be conducted by the players.

This is damned good news for Cowboys fans. The players are taking ownership of their team. May or may not translate to wins and losses but it does give the sense of a real team.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roughly 75 players complete conditioning tests before Cowboys leave for training camp | Dallas Morning News

What was particularly refreshing about this article was the following paragraphs;

Roughly 75 players chose to take their conditioning tests Monday at Valley Ranch. The tests were overseen by the team captains with results relayed to the Cowboys staff.

Jason Witten, one of the captains, suggested that players still in the area fulfill the requirement before the team departs for Oxnard on Tuesday. Since camp doesn’t officially get underway until the team lands in Southern California, the sessions had to be conducted by the players.

This is damned good news for Cowboys fans. The players are taking ownership of their team. May or may not translate to wins and losses but it does give the sense of a real team.

long over due as the club hasn't really been known as a team for a while..but it still doesn't add any 'meat' to the defense.

Morning O!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt. The bad news is Matt Johnson pulled his hamstring and is out for the year...well, not really, but I'm just getting a jump on it.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. The bad news is Matt Johnson pulled his hamstring and is out for the year...well, not really, but I'm just getting a jump on it.

:lol:

Im trying to remember someone who has stolen as much Cowboys salary as that guy. No one has come to mind yet.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All solid choices my friends... with one glaring exception.

Matt Johnson's next play from scrimmage will be his first. All of the above names actually played. jarntt nailed this one!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All solid choices my friends... with one glaring exception.

Matt Johnson's next play from scrimmage will be his first. All of the above names actually played. jarntt nailed this one!

ok...good point. :doh:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Manster, Tx Heat is a longtime Dallas fan and Patriots fan. Truth. Apparently they exist :nod: who knew?

Am I misreading or was his remark snide in nature? If he wants to troll OK, but he has to expect the backlash. His remarks the last time he stopped by were trollish then cried about bring called a troll. You and Kevin both know if you establish yourself as a credible poster you can throw a troll dart every so often and most of are not bothered by it. But if all we see is B.S. TROLL crap we will call it.

Maybe you know him from FN so you have a better idea of who he is. I don't know anything about him other than what I've seen here.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I misreading or was his remark snide in nature? If he wants to troll OK, but he has to expect the backlash. His remarks the last time he stopped by were trollish then cried about bring called a troll. You and Kevin both know if you establish yourself as a credible poster you can throw a troll dart every so often and most of are not bothered by it. But if all we see is B.S. TROLL crap we will call it.

Maybe you know him from FN so you have a better idea of who he is. I don't know anything about him other than what I've seen here.

Yep, just giving ya a little background to help...hopefully. Just a little adjustment and patience needed as all the new posters learn the nature of Hoops team boards...

It was a small poke, agreed. But I really don't think to antagonize...just bust chops a little, given the kerfluffle last week...Course that's just my opinion, this is your board... But knowing his posting style elsewhere I have a wee bit broader eye bird view. And knowing NOW (just learned this tid bit today) that he is actually a long standing Boys fan, thought I'd let you know...

But can certainly see where you're coming from. Just wanted to give a little background for you since I know you really have not seen the posting elsewhere.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... let me pose a real simple question.

Name the top 3 players on this defense.

At the moment Melton, Carr and Choice. I think Crawford and Holloman are going to be very good players. Carter has the talent to be great it depends on if he can figure out the NFL game. And if Mo plays to his ability he'd be a top tier CB. This defense does have talent.

Now let me ask you a question. If I go to another team board and simply throw out snide remarks true or not, would I be called a troll? Answer is YES.

You want to protect you buddy fine that's your right but from what I've seen thus far all he's about is poking sticks. Besides I don't even know you enough to care what your opinion on the idea if he's trolling or not. If you ask me you were a big man on FN and you don't like it that we didn't immediately bow down to your greatness when introduced yourself.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment Melton, Carr and Choice. I think Crawford and Holloman are going to be very good players. Carter has the talent to be great it depends on if he can figure out the NFL game. And if Mo plays to his ability he'd be a top tier CB. This defense does have talent.

Now let me ask you a question. If I go to another team board and simply throw out snide remarks true or not, would I be called a troll? Answer is YES.

You want to protect you buddy fine that's your right but from what I've seen thus far all he's about is poking sticks. Besides I don't even know you enough to care what your opinion on the idea if he's trolling or not. If you ask me you were a big man on FN and you don't like it that we didn't immediately bow down to your greatness when introduced yourself

You were fine... Until the second paragraph on.

Here's all you need to know about me. I've spent the last two years watching my wife beat breast cancer. And if I came away from that experience with anything, it's the conviction that I won't put up with drama on the internet. I only asked a reasonable question in order to have a meaningful discussion (just like you and Pday insisted I was too afraid to have). You (as usual based on your history) had to take the low road. Once again you confirm that no one outside of your little group is welcome here. It's too bad as there are some genuinely fine posts here.

I wish you well. Life's too damn short for bullshit.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want to protect you buddy fine that's your right but from what I've seen thus far all he's about is poking sticks. Besides I don't even know you enough to care what your opinion on the idea if he's trolling or not. If you ask me you were a big man on FN and you don't like it that we didn't immediately bow down to your greatness when introduced yourself.

Nobody came over here to look for greatness. We came seeking the ability to talk sports with other posters, but right away you treated us, and accused us as being trolls because we made a negative comment about the Cowboys. It ain't all roses and rainbows over at Valley Ranch pal. And btw..Otis is a really good guy. Too bad you won't get to enjoy his wit and banter and opinions.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody came over here to look for greatness. We came seeking the ability to talk sports with other posters, but right away you treated us, and accused us as being trolls because we made a negative comment about the Cowboys. It ain't all roses and rainbows over at Valley Ranch pal. And btw..Otis is a really good guy. Too bad you won't get to enjoy his wit and banter and opinions.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket? I never called Otis a troll, I called you a troll because the only thing you bring is snide remarks. Not one iota of football substance.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were fine... Until the second paragraph on.

Here's all you need to know about me. I've spent the last two years watching my wife beat breast cancer. And if I came away from that experience with anything, it's the conviction that I won't put up with drama on the internet. I only asked a reasonable question in order to have a meaningful discussion (just like you and Pday insisted I was too afraid to have). You (as usual based on your history) had to take the low road. Once again you confirm that no one outside of your little group is welcome here. It's too bad as there are some genuinely fine posts here.

I wish you well. Life's too damn short for bullshit.

First off I hope your wife is in good health. Cancer took my farther too damn fast for anyone to do anything to fight it.

Second how I see you should matter to no one other than me.

Third I ask again. If I go around the boards dropping snide remarks will I be called a troll? You sound like a smart person so this shouldn't be too hard to answer.

I answered you but you just dodge the return question? Why?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with you all? Just because someone says something negative doesn't make them a troll. My comment was spot on.

You continue to be the one starting and looking for trouble. Maybe troll, maybe not troll. I won't get into semantics, but in the few posts I've read of yours on this board you HAVE come off as an ass. It's basically why Otis hasn't gotten shit for most of what he's posted here (only for his defense of you) and you have. Maybe you aren't an ass, but you've acted like one here. You come on again with the negative shit and then ask people here what is wrong with them? You are free to do so, but don't expect a pass for it if you do...