• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roughly 75 players complete conditioning tests before Cowboys leave for training camp

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were fine... Until the second paragraph on.

Here's all you need to know about me. I've spent the last two years watching my wife beat breast cancer. And if I came away from that experience with anything, it's the conviction that I won't put up with drama on the internet. I only asked a reasonable question in order to have a meaningful discussion (just like you and Pday insisted I was too afraid to have). You (as usual based on your history) had to take the low road. Once again you confirm that no one outside of your little group is welcome here. It's too bad as there are some genuinely fine posts here.

I wish you well. Life's too damn short for bullshit.

Sorry, but that is BS. When you talked Football here you got nothing but Football back. I have no problem with you posting here or not posting here, but the passive aggressiveness is off base...all football opinions are welcome here and all Cowboy fans are certainly welcome here. Heck, none of us even has a say and none of us speaks for anyone but ourselves. We aren't mods and we have no power. When TH comes on with his little digs its going to get a reply, especially after what happened last week. I think you are smart enough to realize that whether you want to admit it or not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody came over here to look for greatness. We came seeking the ability to talk sports with other posters, but right away you treated us, and accused us as being trolls because we made a negative comment about the Cowboys. It ain't all roses and rainbows over at Valley Ranch pal. And btw..Otis is a really good guy. Too bad you won't get to enjoy his wit and banter and opinions.

Pssstttt...I don't know if you realized it or not, but no one really has an issue with Otis....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment Melton, Carr and Choice. I think Crawford and Holloman are going to be very good players. Carter has the talent to be great it depends on if he can figure out the NFL game. And if Mo plays to his ability he'd be a top tier CB. This defense does have talent.

Now let me ask you a question. If I go to another team board and simply throw out snide remarks true or not, would I be called a troll? Answer is YES.

You want to protect you buddy fine that's your right but from what I've seen thus far all he's about is poking sticks. Besides I don't even know you enough to care what your opinion on the idea if he's trolling or not. If you ask me you were a big man on FN and you don't like it that we didn't immediately bow down to your greatness when introduced yourself.

Choice?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... let me pose a real simple question.

Name the top 3 players on this defense.

Fair question. I've made my feelings about Lee known forever here. ALL Pro in my book and hurt or not he is a player on this defense. Melton has been a Pro Bowler, so that's #2. In fact Hatcher before last year in this defense never had a year like Melton's best year. Melton won't likely be as good as Hatcher was last year, but neither will Hatcher. 3rd I go with Carr. No, he wasn't very good last year, but he has the talent if we use him the right way and I expect a bounce back.

But here is the thing. We weren't historically bad last year because of not having stars. We were starting guys that no one else wanted and rotating guys that didn't belong on an NFL practice squad because of all of the injuries. Hard to say how much better we will be than last year on D, but we will be better. We also have some good young talent. They won't all be success stories, but a few of them may be. Either way, this team clearly spent its money on Offense, so we will count on the Offense to carry us.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trashard at first, but I think he meant its a toss up for number 3. According to my man Broaddus, lol, Scandrick is the best player on this defense. He was then asked how he- Scandrick- would take it if Claiborne won the starting job. Broaddus replied he would be extremely pissed off.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trashard at first, but I think he meant its a toss up for number 3. According to my man Broaddus, lol, Scandrick is the best player on this defense. He was then asked how he- Scandrick- would take it if Claiborne won the starting job. Broaddus replied he would be extremely pissed off.

I like reading Broaddus and do believe he has some inside info and also love reading his scouting reports, but he has missed on as many as anyone here. His comment on Claiborne is an example of the off the wall stuff he says sometimes. How could he possibly be pissed if Claiborne won the job? Especially if he thinks Scandrick is that good. Wouldn't that mean that Claiborne played lights out and thus be a very good thing for this team? He isn't a guy that protects Jerry, but he does protect his own previous statements. After how great he stated our pick of Lawrence was I expect him to tell us non-stop how great he is playing all offseason.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scandrick outplayed Mo last season but I still think Mo is the better player. If Mo steps up having Scandrick as the #3 makes for a very nice trio of CB's

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like reading Broaddus and do believe he has some inside info and also love reading his scouting reports, but he has missed on as many as anyone here. His comment on Claiborne is an example of the off the wall stuff he says sometimes. How could he possibly be pissed if Claiborne won the job? Especially if he thinks Scandrick is that good. Wouldn't that mean that Claiborne played lights out and thus be a very good thing for this team? He isn't a guy that protects Jerry, but he does protect his own previous statements. After how great he stated our pick of Lawrence was I expect him to tell us non-stop how great he is playing all offseason.

Broaddus was asked how Scandrick would take it. Broaddus said that Scandrick would be one pissed off dude.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt clarify that well enough the first time

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broaddus likes twitter and he will answer questions more than any one of the other media guys that I know of. Archer will sometimes but not near as much. Broaddus seems like a hard worker, that really enjoys what he does. I said my guy Broaddus just kidding around because I brought him up earlier.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed.....broaddus is an opinion....Ray Rhodes disciple

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it's true....Dallas has talent, even on defense.

certainly worth rating anyways which was the point.
Don't know about troll, but Ass clown still fits for me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were fine... Until the second paragraph on.

Here's all you need to know about me. I've spent the last two years watching my wife beat breast cancer. And if I came away from that experience with anything, it's the conviction that I won't put up with drama on the internet. I only asked a reasonable question in order to have a meaningful discussion (just like you and Pday insisted I was too afraid to have). You (as usual based on your history) had to take the low road. Once again you confirm that no one outside of your little group is welcome here. It's too bad as there are some genuinely fine posts here.

I wish you well. Life's too damn short for bullshit.

Hope your wife is doing well. I lost my Dad to Cancer. It's a Bitch whether you beat it or not. You will be welcome on this site, most guys are just huge Cowboys fans that are passionate about the team. TX Heat may get along too, but if he looks for confrontation, he'll find it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broaddus was asked how Scandrick would take it. Broaddus said that Scandrick would be one pissed off dude.

Nope. My bad. Reading it again you said it the right way and I misunderstood.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this whole defense scares the shit out of me honestly.
I am hoping Rod can create miracles

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's actually funny... because I was thinking the same thing. Also scary.

Things would be helped tremendously if Marinelli can find a jackhammer powerful enough to extract Bruce Carter's head from his ass. I know the change in schemes had an impact and all... but jeez!

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope your wife is doing well. I lost my Dad to Cancer. It's a Bitch whether you beat it or not. You will be welcome on this site, most guys are just huge Cowboys fans that are passionate about the team. TX Heat may get along too, but if he looks for confrontation, he'll find it

She was lucky, UK. Lucky in that it was caught early. She has become heavily involved in the local support group here (Women Rock) and as a result, we've both been exposed to a whole lot of good stories... and seriously bad ones. And - like you - lost a parent (Mom) to cancer in 2006. You're right - it's a bitch either way and it's life altering for those of us who have to walk that path with the ones we love.

As far as Heater, I am going to say this then I'm done. I've known the dude over 4-5 years. Friends on Facebook (and I can count on two fingers the number of people I can say that about here on the Hoop). I've NEVER seen him "look for confrontation". He's every bit the sarcastic son of a bitch that I am. How a good New England lad ends up in Texas is beyond me. His heart is with the Pats but he has rooted for the Cowboys as long as I've known him. But (once again just like me which is why we seem to get along famously) he is sick of Jerry's blathering and stumbling and wandering aimlessly looking for a miracle. And - you'll find most of the Cowboys fans that came here with us feel the same way.

Give him a chance. All I ask.

Peace dude. Life's too damn short otherwise.