• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roughly 1/4 into the season...

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel my Clippers are very disappointing along with Doc Rivers.

I think OKC has the best chance of winning the title this year.

The Pacers will come out of the East.

Stotts and Vogel are the leading candidates for COY

Kobe needs to accept a secondary role on the Lakers

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny you say that, because I think Indy will win the East this year, however I'm not sure Indy can beat OKC yet. They always give Indy trouble and I wish the two teams could play eachother more during the regular season.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat will be in the finals once again.

book it.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat will be in the finals once again.

book it.

I doubt it but it is interesting that you aren't saying that they will win it all. No confidence in the Heat winning the title?

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that, because I think Indy will win the East this year, however I'm not sure Indy can beat OKC yet. They always give Indy trouble and I wish the two teams could play eachother more during the regular season.

It would be a close series between OKC and Indy and one of a hell fun series to watch. I truly hope it happens.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all of this except OKC.

I would be shocked if OKC, IND or MIA did not win title this year in ascending order of my likelihood. HOU would be a mild surprise, it really depends on how they gel and looks like they will not be getting much back for Asik (Varejo).

The biggest issue with repeating is the toll it takes on the bodies, Miami is resting stars and lowering minutes across the board.

The Kobe part will never happen and I think he could still be the best player on that team but a secondary roll would get more wins IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still need to see more of the season. The East can't be this bad all year

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a decent place to update my MVP rankings

Durant Durant Durant!!! He has come alive in December shooting much better than he was this season and couple that with his PER, 3 year campaign and the biggest issue of voter fatigue and we have a solid favorite imo.

LBJ is having a great year, far superior to Durant's IMO especially if you see what he creates that isn't tallied on a piece of paper but 5 MVPs in 6 years?

CP3's stats dropped as expected but and this is where the list falls off and every one from 3 on is a ways away.

Love dropped off and his team sucks, that will not earn you an MVP.

Paul George, if his stats can improve a little on O we have a strong dark horse and my true #3. He does it all and is elite on D. He also competes with the best.

Aldridge is not well known but he deserves to be on this list.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still need to see more of the season. The East can't be this bad all year

Only because they have to play each other and games do not end in ties :laugh3:

The 2 best teams are in the east, but then the next 12 are in the West :D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because they have to play each other and games do not end in ties :laugh3:

The 2 best teams are in the east, but then the next 12 are in the West :D
Which makes you really wonder if the two best teams are in the east.

There are some teams in the west that could get better with more time to gel. Golden st is a big wild card

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes you really wonder if the two best teams are in the east.

There are some teams in the west that could get better with more time to gel. Golden st is a big wild card

I think I have seen enough to accurately predict team strength.

A healthy GSW would be wonderful to see, and they are a wild card but even with that team at full strength I like them over maybe only HOU in a 7 game series.

HOU is another wild card but the proposed trade of Asik for Varejo makes me think their interests are in 2014 free agency possibilities rather than immediate contention. However if they were to get a strong PF or wing improvement for Asik I think their immediate strength could greatly improve. That improvement would have to immense for me to move them above OKC though.

I am of course discounting the Spurs like I am always guilty of. The reason is they are winning with amazing bench play and a every one pitching in strategy but come playoff time they will not be able to use this strategy to win games. They have lost to every elite team they have played. The question then becomes will their strongest players be good enough when playing extended minutes in the playoffs?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POR is on fire and playing great and is just a buzz saw. In a 7 game series though I like OKC and maybe HOU.

I will definitely take Indy over them as their strength is the same but Indy's is physically imposing.

I will also take Miami over POR because they are a light version of Indy. MIA matches up very well with POR.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a decent place to update my MVP rankings

Durant Durant Durant!!! He has come alive in December shooting much better than he was this season and couple that with his PER, 3 year campaign and the biggest issue of voter fatigue and we have a solid favorite imo.

LBJ is having a great year, far superior to Durant's IMO especially if you see what he creates that isn't tallied on a piece of paper but 5 MVPs in 6 years?

CP3's stats dropped as expected but and this is where the list falls off and every one from 3 on is a ways away.

Love dropped off and his team sucks, that will not earn you an MVP.

Paul George, if his stats can improve a little on O we have a strong dark horse and my true #3. He does it all and is elite on D. He also competes with the best.

Aldridge is not well known but he deserves to be on this list.

Good list. However, I don't think there will be voter fatigue when it comes to Lebron.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POR is on fire and playing great and is just a buzz saw. In a 7 game series though I like OKC and maybe HOU.

I will definitely take Indy over them as their strength is the same but Indy's is physically imposing.

I will also take Miami over POR because they are a light version of Indy. MIA matches up very well with POR.

Hahahaha. Where is that White Mamba guy to see that? :omg:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get the Clippers slow start. It's almost as if they have come into the season believing their own press, but forgetting that there are at least six teams better, or as good as they are. They need to step it up and be much more aggressive. I've watched at least six games where they have come out flat and acted like they didn't even want to be on the court. I think even Rivers said they need to stop pouting.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are a joke they need to go back to San Diego, LA will always be Lakertown even the LA Kings & Sparks have championship banners at Staples Center. Clippers don't have :ss:

Clippers with out CP3 would be forgotten like always & their fans are almost as bad as heat fans delusional idiots that only wear their Jerseys when going to the games (Bandwagons) fuck out of here!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Clippers slow start. It's almost as if they have come into the season believing their own press, but forgetting that there are at least six teams better, or as good as they are. They need to step it up and be much more aggressive. I've watched at least six games where they have come out flat and acted like they didn't even want to be on the court. I think even Rivers said they need to stop pouting.

I think you hit the nail on the head, they act like they are entitled and don't need to earn their wins by putting out solid effort the entire game.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who should Kobe take a backseat to? The struggling Gasol or one of the role players?