• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves today

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like many of you know was never a fan of Ball and wasn't happy when Denver drafted him and sticking with it. He is to slow, can't catch and a below average blocker. Needs a hug hole to gain any yards like he got in Wisconsin. He is a 3rd back at best and there is a reason he is still out there. Hopefully he gets another shot and proves me wrong but I wouldn't bet on it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also joining Schon Thomas working out for our Broncos tomorrow is BJ Lowery a CB from Iowa... Just got a message from him saying he was there for a workout tomorrow. Be nice to see one of these two get a shot from a personal standpoint as I have helped both stay active in the indoor league.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players did well. Matter of fact they got to meet each other... A lot of other DB's there. Both were pumped to meet John Elway.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we did Cut Christian Ponder today to make room for a DB the way it sounds that will be added to the team tomorrow. So hopefully one of you boys is the one DC.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we did Cut Christian Ponder today to make room for a DB the way it sounds that will be added to the team tomorrow. So hopefully one of you boys is the one DC.
Wow. Ponder didn`t get to stay long:) Well maybe his paycheck will pay for gas rest of month. I would say Bush gets the nod. Familiarity plus I thought he made some good plays when he was in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Ponder didn`t get to stay long:) Well maybe his paycheck will pay for gas rest of month. I would say Bush gets the nod. Familiarity plus I thought he made some good plays when he was in.

Josh Bush played 4 plays from what I understand in this last game and had 4 tackles and a forced fumble. I would say that is down right impressive for the little opportunity he got.

Yeah Ponder was an emergency for an emergency. Kind of like where I live being small town we only have 2 ambulances for the entire town so we have the neighboring towns on alert if something really terrible were to go down and we needed more than 2. If that happens then all hell has broken loose. I think this is probably a sign that they like what they have seen from Manning this week in his recovery. Wouldn't surprise me to see Manning back at practice this next week throwing on a limited basis.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Bush played 4 plays from what I understand in this last game and had 4 tackles and a forced fumble. I would say that is down right impressive for the little opportunity he got.

Yeah Ponder was an emergency for an emergency. Kind of like where I live being small town we only have 2 ambulances for the entire town so we have the neighboring towns on alert if something really terrible were to go down and we needed more than 2. If that happens then all hell has broken loose. I think this is probably a sign that they like what they have seen from Manning this week in his recovery. Wouldn't surprise me to see Manning back at practice this next week throwing on a limited basis.
Yeah Cd from what I`ve heard Manning could be doing some light stuff as early as Weds I believe.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cd from what I`ve heard Manning could be doing some light stuff as early as Weds I believe.

He has been doing some throwing sessions indoors already. He just hasn't been out at practice and the way this week is looking they are going to keep him doing rehab and inside doing some throwing sessions but not actually practicing with the team. Next week is the key week as good chance he returns to practice and the team and coaches get their first look to see how much this time off has actually helped him. The Cincinnati game to me will be where we really see what Kubiak and Elway have to say. My guess is Manning will think he will be more than ready to play by that week. For Osweiler lets say he wins the next 2 weeks especially with that road win in Pittsburgh I just don't see how they could ever think about taking him out. If he loses in Pittsburgh though all hell could break loose of people on opposite sides of the argument.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been doing some throwing sessions indoors already. He just hasn't been out at practice and the way this week is looking they are going to keep him doing rehab and inside doing some throwing sessions but not actually practicing with the team. Next week is the key week as good chance he returns to practice and the team and coaches get their first look to see how much this time off has actually helped him. The Cincinnati game to me will be where we really see what Kubiak and Elway have to say. My guess is Manning will think he will be more than ready to play by that week. For Osweiler lets say he wins the next 2 weeks especially with that road win in Pittsburgh I just don't see how they could ever think about taking him out. If he loses in Pittsburgh though all hell could break loose of people on opposite sides of the argument.
Yeah I could see that happen ( Pitt loss) but don`t think as many people would still blame Oz in a game vs a top team like Steelers. Most would prob say......" Well we lost by 10 but if Manning played we`d lost by 30". You know what I mean. I think most fans know now that Oz is best shot regardless and we either swim or sink with him and Manning, except in a reserve roll, is done as starter. Don`t think anybody would be chanting " Manning" " Manning" ! after a loss to Pitt :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Broncos brought in DJ Swearinger. He is on the AZ Practice Squad right now but not too long ago was a starter in this league and played decently. Not sure Manning would like that move though with the encounter those two had.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I could see that happen ( Pitt loss) but don`t think as many people would still blame Oz in a game vs a top team like Steelers. Most would prob say......" Well we lost by 10 but if Manning played we`d lost by 30". You know what I mean. I think most fans know now that Oz is best shot regardless and we either swim or sink with him and Manning, except in a reserve roll, is done as starter. Don`t think anybody would be chanting " Manning" " Manning" ! after a loss to Pitt :)

I guess I bring this up because I keep hearing so many Ex-Players talk about how when Manning is healthy he gets his job back. Just shocks me that with the team winning that even if we were to keep winning they believe that our best shot at the Super Bowl is still with Manning at the helm. So that is why I bring up say we were to lose to the Steelers that the whole week we would be hearing the media go crazy about who would be starting and why they should be the starter.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry just saw this after I made the Ponder appreciation thread.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Broncos brought in DJ Swearinger. He is on the AZ Practice Squad right now but not too long ago was a starter in this league and played decently. Not sure Manning would like that move though with the encounter those two had.

Swearing was actually signed to the Cardinals active roster today. Could be that we tried to sign him off of their PS. ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I bring this up because I keep hearing so many Ex-Players talk about how when Manning is healthy he gets his job back. Just shocks me that with the team winning that even if we were to keep winning they believe that our best shot at the Super Bowl is still with Manning at the helm. So that is why I bring up say we were to lose to the Steelers that the whole week we would be hearing the media go crazy about who would be starting and why they should be the starter.
Definitely the media.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat a surprise signing - not one of the 17 players that worked out yesterday. Shilo Keo, Safety. Played for Kubiak and Phillips with the Texans.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good special teamer. Wouldn't trust him as a S though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 players we worked out this week signed with other practice squad.

Bryn Renner to the Ravens (QB) North Carolina
Antwan Goodley to the Seahawks (WR) Baylor

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but if Ward, Bruton and Bolden are all out this week like very possible then we may have to rely on someone behind Josh Bush at S to fill in the nickel/dime or if Bush or Stewart go down.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not our roster, but Montee signed to Pats PS today.